You'll never influence the world by trying to be like it. As a Hand-painted Handbag Designer "making arms artistic," I'm your creatist, curator, & concierge for whimsical, beautiful things that accent your home, body, and life. @Wendistry… Adorn Differently.
A quintessential lady painting everything in sight! I spend most of my time “making arms artistic” with a capsule collection of hand-painted handbags, and the rest of it lending advice and inspirations to style yourself uniquely and Adorn Differently.
- University of Texas, Austin
- Lifestyle FriscoVice President, Editorial & Co-Founder, 2013 - presentAs a Co-Founder and Vice President of Editorial, Wendi is responsible for curating content and leading a team of writers and photographers to ensure quality standards and brand vision for the online media property, Lifestyle Frisco. Focused on digital engagement, content strategy, eCommerce, mobile experience, and creative technologies that recognize the "constantly connected" consumer. Directs all social media strategies to identify and deliver branded digital experiences informed by the hyper-local competitive landscape and consumer insights. Drives social media conversations and creates online content to increase consumer and business activity. Frisco continues to be one of the fastest growing communities in the country every year since 2000 and for a lot of good reasons. With easy access to Dallas, a moderate cost of living, a Top 10-rated school district in Texas, and a thriving business community, Frisco is a great place to live well without breaking the bank. While Frisco has a rich history, much of the community is less than 10 years old, so Frisco provides a good mix of good ole' Texas and modern amenities. Lifestyle Frisco delivers hyper-local information and content about Frisco life, entertainment, fashion, arts, dining, nightlife, sports, travel, and real estate close to home and even closer to our hearts. On a cutting-edge web and mobile publishing platform, our writers and editors are citizens and denizens of Frisco contributing stories, photos, videos, and events.
- WendistryHand-painted Handbag Designer, 2009 - presentYou'll never influence the world by trying to be like it. I'm your creatist, curator, & concierge for whimsical, beautiful things that accent your home, body, and life. In addition to representing a carefully edited line of independent Etsy sellers, I also produce capsule collection of clutch handbags using artist’s canvas hand-crafted and carefully painted with highest quality artist paints. Each handbag is a one-of-a-kind creation, and like a commissioned painting, no two will look exactly alike. With a sense of adventure and originality, and the promise of self-discovery, come with me on the journey of a lifetime so you can uncover unique points of view on fashion, interiors, art, and entertaining. Wendistry… Adorn Differently.
- ValtechDigital Strategy Practice Lead, 2013 - 2014Digital Strategy Practice Lead responsible for building and leading a team of digital, mobile, social, and content strategists to meet client needs. Focused on omnichannel engagement, mobile strategy, ecommerce, and creative technology that recognizes the "constantly connected" consumer.
- Acquity GroupSenior Digital Strategist, 2011 - 2013Senior digital business strategist focused on omnichannel engagement, mobile strategy, and technology. Partnered with clients to map the future of their digital and mobile business and create value for their shareholders, clients, and employees. Mapping the path forward to build competitive advantage, create value, manage risk and drive sustainable growth through mobile channels, Wendi was a part of the ten-person Strategic Services Mobile SME (Subject Matter Expert) team. Working with Acquity Group corporate marketing and business development business units, led the Mobile Thought Leadership sub-team to author and manage articles, blog posts, and white papers for the company's mobile point-of-view to all external audiences.
- Verizon Communications2010 - 2011
- TXU Energy2009 - 2010
- La Quinta Inn2007 - 2008
- PSINet2000 - 2002
Three Squares Frisco - Gourmet Cuisine In A Casual Atmosphere
Three Squares bring unique flavor to Frisco via chef Stan Rodriguez. Three Squares is casual dining with exceptional food at a good price. R
7 Lessons Creative Teams Can Learn From A Sixth-Grade Metal Band
It’s always a bit of a drag for new bands when they’re too young to have free drinks at the venue they’re playing. In the case of Unlocking
The Next Web - International technology news, business & culture.
International technology news, business & culture.
's July 2012 Trend Briefing covering the consumer trend "NEWISM"
In addition to our free content, we also offer a Premium Service, which includes our 100+ page 2012 Trend Report and 2013 Trend Report (sent
Why Women Leaders Need Self-Confidence - Leslie Pratch - Harvard Busines...
Business bloggers at Harvard Business Review discuss a variety of business topics including managing people, innovation, leadership, and mor
Evernote Business Is Here. Start Building Your Team's Knowledge Today.
Successful companies are built around the diverse skills and expertise of every team member. Whether working alone or cooperating on a proje
What It's Like to Get Online After 25 Years in Prison
After a quarter century in prison, Michael Santos faces an unexpected challenge: facing a digital world he's never known.
What Your Culture Really Says - Pretty Little State Machine
Toxic lies about culture are afoot in Silicon Valley. They spread too fast as we take our bubble money and designer Powerpoints to drinkups,
Curatives for judgement. (Please read before you interact with other hum...
Here's a curative for the sharp judgement that accompanies our disappointment in others -- just a single, surprising expansive phrase: "You
Apple Is $50 Billion Away From Becoming The World's Most Valuable Company
After a record setting quarter that shattered Wall Street estimates, Apple is in a position to become the most valuable company in the world
Learning from the Best: Calvin Carter | Cocoanetics
Mixergy.com had Calvin Carter, founder of Bottle Rocket Apps, for an interview that gives a great insight what made Bottle Rocket the force
The 6 Marketing Metrics Your CEO Actually Cares About [Cheat Sheet]
Read through the important metrics any marketer should be able to present to their CEO.