...what was WeeChat 0.0.1?
I ( ) just committed a fix to compile the first version of WeeChat!
Quick instructions to compile and test yourself (easy, there was no cmake/configure script 11 years ago):
git clone git://git.sv.gnu.org/weechat.git
git checkout -b 0.0.1 origin/0.0.1
Have fun :)
PS: stay tuned for the next "real" version: 0.4.3 is scheduled for next Sunday.
Logical "and" between tags are now allowed in /filter (and some other options), with "+" between tags.
For example you can filter all actions (/me) from nick "foo" with this command:
/filter add foo_action * nick_foo+irc_action *
Development tarballs and debian packages are up-to-date.
If you're running development version, it's time to upgrade!
WeeChat is a fast, light and extensible chat client. It runs on many platforms like Linux, Unix, BSD, GNU Hurd, Mac OS X and Windows (cygwin).
- modular: a lightweight core with plugins around
- multi-protocols: IRC and Jabber
- extensible with C, Python, Perl, Ruby, Lua, Tcl and Scheme
- fully documented and translated into several languages
- a free software released under GPLv3 license
- an active project with a large community for scripts.