It’s very easy, just 3 steps:
1. in WeeChat: /upgrade -quit (this saves whole context and the uptime)
2. reboot or transfer your ~/.weechat to the new server
3. after reboot or on the new server: weechat --upgrade
#weechat #upgrade #superpower
For now, only IRC server options (irc.server.<name>.xxx) are inheriting from parent options (irc.server_default.<name>.xxx).
The command /set shows the inherited value (and the default inherited if the value is set to null). Script iset.pl has been updated as well (version 4.0 supports this feature, and is compatible with old WeeChat).
Enjoy and Merry Christmas!
#weechat #set #iset #option #irc #server
All sources packages are now available as xz package (in addition to gzip and bzip2): stable/devel version, old versions, scripts, QWeeChat.
The xz packages are smaller than gzip (~2x) and bzip2 (~1.4x):
#weechat #package #xz
WeeChat is a fast, light and extensible chat client. It runs on many platforms like Linux, Unix, BSD, GNU Hurd, Mac OS X and Windows (cygwin).
- modular: a lightweight core with optional plugins
- multi-protocols architecture (mainly IRC)
- fully documented and translated into several languages
- a free program released under GPLv3 license
- an active project with a large community for scripts.