After trigger and bare display, now /exec command is available, as a C plugin! (in git: branch "exec").
Some new features (vs shell.py): run many commands at once (no limit on number), run in background (no output), run with or without shell, timeout for command, send signal to process, kill process, send text to stdin of process, ...
Coming soon for /exec: output of command in dedicated buffer, pipe command output to WeeChat command/trigger.
Version 0.4.4 will bring major new features... and others are coming soon, stay tuned!
Development tarballs and debian packages are up-to-date.
If you're running development version, it's time to upgrade!
...what was WeeChat 0.0.1 (released in September 2003)?
I ( ) just committed a fix to compile the first version of WeeChat!
Quick instructions to compile and test yourself (easy, there was no cmake/configure script 11 years ago):
git clone git://git.sv.gnu.org/weechat.git
git checkout -b 0.0.1 origin/0.0.1
Have fun :)
WeeChat is a fast, light and extensible chat client. It runs on many platforms like Linux, Unix, BSD, GNU Hurd, Mac OS X and Windows (cygwin).
- modular: a lightweight core with plugins around
- multi-protocols: IRC and Jabber
- extensible with C, Python, Perl, Ruby, Lua, Tcl and Scheme
- fully documented and translated into several languages
- a free software released under GPLv3 license
- an active project with a large community for scripts.