It’s very easy, just 3 steps:
1. in WeeChat: /upgrade -quit (this saves whole context and the uptime)
2. reboot or transfer your ~/.weechat to the new server
3. after reboot or on the new server: weechat --upgrade
#weechat #upgrade #superpower
WeeChat is a fast, light and extensible chat client. It runs on many platforms like Linux, Unix, BSD, GNU Hurd, Mac OS X and Windows (cygwin).
- modular: a lightweight core with optional plugins
- multi-protocols architecture (mainly IRC)
- fully documented and translated into several languages
- a free program released under GPLv3 license
- an active project with a large community for scripts.