Walks of Italy specializes in small-group and private walking tours, day trips & activities in Italy's greatest destinations. We've received glowing recommendations on Rick Steves, Tripadvisor, and the New York Times. More recently we’ve enjoyed an extremely positive write-up in the Rick Steves’ Rome 2012 guidebook and collaboration with Showtime® as the tour operator for its winners in the “The Borgias” television show sweepstakes. After all, unlike other companies, we offer:
- a group size that’s always 12 or fewer, which means it's not only more comfortable for you, but it has a lower impact on the environment around you (often times sensitive places).
- “add‐ons” that personalize private tours
- fluent English-speaking guides, all of whom are experts who love what they do -‐special access to areas that others simply can’t get to, such as closed areas of Pompeii, the “Secret Itineraries” of the Doge’s Palace in Venice, the Colosseum’s Underground & Top Tier, and the Sistine Chapel before it opens to the public
- skip‐the‐line access to sites like the Colosseum, Vatican, Florence’s Duomo, Uffizi and Accademia, Venice’s St. Mark’s Basilica, and more
- sustainable business practices—meaning you can feel comfortable knowing that by participating in any service with us, you're actively supporting and sustaining the very places you're visiting.
- off‐the‐beaten‐path itineraries, like a tour that visits Rome’s most intriguing catacombs and crypts in the city or an exploration of the “other” Venetian islands
- all-inclusive prices, meaning the price you see on the site is the final cost and all tickets and fees are included
Rome, Italy 00186