Between 2013 and 2014, Volker worked as Agriculture Manager for TH Herbals Joint Stock Company based in Hanoi, Vietnam. He was setting up agricultural production of medicinal crops using computerized microdrip-fertigation and specialized equipment incl. compact 4WD tractors and electrostatic mist blowers. Earlier he worked as Director Agriculture Division for Yousef Abdul Latif Jameel Group on advanced agricultural operations on six organic date palm farms totaling 2,511 ha in Saudi Arabia. Between 2010 and 2012, Volker was a Technical Advisor for Germany's GIZ improving commercial rice and vegetable production in Cambodia. During 2009 and 2010, he was Agriculture Manager at Jenaan Investment in Egypt and in charge of managing agronomic practices for 5,685 ha forage crops including Alfalfa. Before this assignment, he worked as Director Quality Management at a fruit & vegetable wholesaler in Germany. Between 2005 and 2006, Dr. Kleinhenz was working as Chief Agronomist for FieldFresh Foods, a vegetable producer and exporter with 2,688 ha in India.
Dr. Kleinhenz has over 20 years of experience in World Agricultural Industry covering research, production and wholesale. He has been working with farms in Germany, Italy, Greece, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Kenya, India, Laos, Maldives, Bangladesh, Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, Taiwan and Australia. Besides his expertise in open-field and greenhouse irrigation, fertilization, plant protection and other crop management technologies, his specialty is operational management of agricultural enterprises. Volker's experience in agricultural research and rural development is documented in 49 publications.
04 - 05/2012: Atheneum Partners and Monitor, Ha Tinh/Vietnam
- Advising on Agricultural Policy in Vietnam
- Revising "Ha Tinh Province Socio-Economic Development Master Plan for 2020 and a Vision for 2050"
- Advising on a "Hydroculture Project on the Maldives"
Gerson Lehrman Group, New York/USA
2013: "Agriculture Market Overview in SEA", "Agriculture"
2012: "Rice Pledging Scheme in Thailand", "Rice Industry Dynamics", "Agronomy: Soil Productivity", "Global Rice Industry", "Agricultural Value Chain", "Hydroponics", "Contract farming", "Fertilizer Supply/Demand – Middle East market"
2011: "Supplier Quality Management"
2010: "Trade of Citrus Fruits and Grapes Globally", "African Agriculture"
2008: "Wheat Industry in Europe", "Potash Fertilizer Purchasers", "Crop Protection/Agriculture Market"
2009: "Irrigation Market Outlook"
2008: "Price Sensitivity of Farmers to Potash Fertilizers"
2008: "The Global Sugarcane Industry"
2007: "The Global Fertilizer Industry", "The Chinese Agricultural Sector"
2011-2012: "Tonle Sap Lowlands Rural Development Project"
2001-2004: "Protected Cultivation in the Humid Tropics"
2000-2001: "Field Operations for Economic Year-round Vegetable Production"
1998-2000: "Improved Management Practices for Culinary Bamboo Shoots"
1997-2000: "Production and Post-harvest Systems for the Chinese Waterchestnut Industry"
1997-1998: "Culinary Bamboo Shoots in Australia"
1992-1995: "Integrated Vegetable Production in Paddy Rice Fields"
2001: "Optimized field operations for economic year-round vegetable production" (€25,000 p.a.), Council of Agriculture/Taiwan
2000: "Improving and maintaining productivity of bamboo for quality timber and shoots in Australia and the Philippines" (€380,000), Australian Centre for International Agricultural Research/Australia
1992: "Integrated Vegetable Production in Paddy Rice Fields" (€80,000), German Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development/Germany
- 49 contributions to international peer-reviewed journals, magazines, book chapters, books and other publications incl.:
- KLEINHENZ, V., MIDMORE, D. J., 2001: Aspects of Bamboo Agronomy. In: D. L. SPARKS (Ed.): Advances in Agronomy, Vol. 74, 99-153. Academic Press, New York, USA.
- KLEINHENZ, V., ELSMORE, S., HARROWER, K., LYALL, T., GOSBEE, M., BLACKBURN, K., MIDMORE, D. J., 2000: Storage methods for extending shelf life of fresh, edible bamboo shoots [Bambusa oldhamii (Munro)]. Postharvest Biology and Technology, 19, 253-264.
- KLEINHENZ, V., SCHNITZLER, W. H., MIDMORE, D. J., 1997: Effects of legume live mulch on crop performance, soil available nitrogen, and crop-N status in intensive tropical vegetable production. Biological Agriculture and Horticulture, 14, 261-278.
- KLEINHENZ, V., KATROSCHAN, K., SCHÜTT, F., STÜTZEL, H., 2006: Biomass accumulation and partitioning of tomato under protected cultivation in the humid tropics. European Journal of Horticultural Science, 71, 173-182.
- KLEINHENZ, V., MILNE, J., WALSH, K. B., MIDMORE, D.J., 2003: A case study on the effects of irrigation and fertilization on soil water and soil nutrient status, and on growth and yield of bamboo (Phyllostachys pubescens) shoots. Journal of Bamboo and Rattan, 2, 281-294.
- LI, M., KLEINHENZ, V., LYALL, T., MIDMORE, D. J., 2000: Response of Chinese waterchestnut (Eleocharis dulcis (Burm. F.) Hensch) to photoperiod. Journal of Horticultural Sciences & Biotechnology, 75, 72-78.
- African Journal of Agricultural Research
- Agricultural and Forest Meteorology
- Biological Agriculture and Horticulture
- Horticultural Science
- International Agricultural Engineering Journal
- Journal of Agricultural Biotechnology and Sustainable Development
- Journal of Agriculture and Rural Development in the Tropics and Subtropics
- Journal of Soil and Water Conversation
- Scientia Horticulturae
- English, German: fluently written and spoken
- French, Spanish: school knowledge
- Chinese, Thai: basic knowledge
- Programming (SAS-System)
- Office applications (MS Office, Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Photoshop)
- Technical University Munich, Freising/GermanyAgricultural Sciences, 1992 - 1997
- Technical University Munich, Freising/GermanyHorticultural Sciences, 1986 - 1992
- Al-Batinah International, Al Khaburah/OmanAgriculture Consultant, 2015 - 2015- Developing a business plan (US$ 2.5 million investment cost) for establishing an 8-ha greenhouse complex - Designing greenhouses with positive pressure cooling system, retractable roof and insect nets - Designing closed recirculating drip-irrigation/fertigation system based on soilless cultivation of tomato, sweet pepper, sweet melon and cucumber in cocopeat grow bags, and of hydroponic cultivation of non-heading lettuce in floating-raft system - Designing high-wire crop-support system for tomato, sweet pepper, sweet melon and cucumber
- SunEdison Products Singapore Pte Ltd, SingaporeAgronomist, 2014 - 2015- Identifying, developing and maintaining strategic partnership and research alliances with agricultural industry, government and universities.- Identifying and developing agronomic, process and product information solutions to channel partners and customers for sustaining successful farming systems.- Identify potential for developing new products and provide necessary input to Design and Product Development teams.- Provide agronomic advice to key customers
- John Deere Asia (Singapore) Pte Ltd, SingaporeAgronomist, 2014 - 2014- Mapping corn production systems and processes covering land preparation, planting, crop care and harvesting in Thailand, Indonesia and in the Philippines- Region Strategic Marketing Agronomist in the John Deere Agriculture & Turf Division covering China, India, Southeast Asia and Sub-Saharan Africa- Identifying and developing agronomic, process and product information solutions to channel partners and customers for sustaining successful farming systems- Identifying, developing and maintaining strategic partnership and research alliances with agricultural industry, government and universities
- TH Herbals Joint Stock Company, Hanoi/VietnamAgriculture Manager, 2013 - 2014- Managing the Agriculture Department- Developing cultivation operations for medicinal crops in Nghe An Province- Cultivating Gac (Momordica cochinchinensis) and passionfruit (Passiflora edulis, P. foetida)- Setting-up NETAFIM microdrip fertigation systems with NMC Pro irrigation control and NetaSense soil moisture sensors in combination with YARA water-soluble fertilizers- Selecting and acquiring specialized equipment incl. Antonio Carraro compact 4WD tractors and Martignani electrostatic mist blowers- Surveying potential production areas in Dalat and in Attapeu/Laos
- Yousef Abdul Latif Jameel Group, Jeddah/Saudi ArabiaTechnical Director Agriculture Division, 2012 - 2013- Managing the Technical Department of the Agriculture Division- Implementing advanced agricultural operations on six organic date palm farms in Quassim and Madinah- Implementing remotely controlled irrigation (iMetos ica) and subsurface irrigation- Implementing fertigation systems with organic water soluble/liquid fertilizers and sulfur burners- Establishing phytosanitary programs for organic pest and disease control- Establishing local production of mycorrhizal/PGPR inoculum through licensing technology from a leading European producer- Planning extension of total cultivation area from 2,511 ha to 4,853 ha by 2015- Introducing GLOBALG.A.P., Tesco Nurture farm certification standards and EU regulation on organic production (EC No 834/2007, EC No 889/2008)- Integrating on-farm solar power generators and solar water pumps
- Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, Phnom Penh/CambodiaSenior Advisor, 2010 - 2012- Establishing and promoting rural-development activities in a target area of 73,000 ha with a population of 88,000 in Kampong Chhnang province - Developing dry-season rice cultivation on 7,000 ha and improving vegetable production on 2,700 ha- Developing and facilitating a Memorandum of Agreement (MoA) between the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries (MAFF), the Provincial Department of Agriculture (PDA) Kampong Chhnang, East-West Seeds International Ltd. and GIZ- Project management within the "Tonle Sap Lowlands Rural Development Project" financed (US$ 20m) by the Asian Development Bank (ADB)
- Jenaan Investment L.L.C., Cairo/EgyptManager Agriculture Division, 2009 - 2010- Managing the Agriculture Division with 75 staff- Managing agriculture operations incl. irrigation and fertilization for large-scale field crops including Alfalfa, barley and millet under pivot irrigation- Expanding cultivation area from 1,460 ha to 5,685 ha- Scheduling, acquiring and applying fertilizers worth US$2.7m p.a.- Developing and implementing production plans and financial budgets- Forecasting and planning requirements for agricultural equipment, inputs including irrigation water, fertilizer, seed, fuel and labor- Planning of 50-ha trial farming of "aerobic" rice in Ethiopia
- Van der Hamm Fruit Trading Company Pvt. Ltd., Mannheim/GermanyDirector Quality Management, 2007 - 2009- Quality assurance of imported and domestically produced fresh fruits and vegetables - Developing a supplier management program for conventional and organic produce- Monitoring and assuring legal and B2B pre- and post farmgate standards incl. GLOBALGAP, QS, BRC, and IFS- Maintaining customer relationship with key retailer ALDI- Focus on year-round supply of tablegrapes from Brazil, Argentine, Chile, India, Egypt, Spain, Italy and Greece- Substantially reducing pesticide residues, e.g., by 90% in tablegrapes, and thereby ensuring legal maximum residue levels (MRLs) and customer specifications
- FieldFresh Foods Pvt. Ltd., Gurgaon/IndiaChief Agronomist and Head - R&D, 2005 - 2006- Developing production plans and financial budgets for up to 2,688 ha based on the company’s business plan- Implementing cropping plans by issuing crop and region-specific agronomic "packages of practices" for contract farms and company-owned R&D farm in the states of Punjab and Rajasthan- Crops for domestic and overseas markets (Middle East and U.K.): aubergine, bittergourd, bottlegourd, broccoli, cabbage, cantaloupe, cauliflower, capsicum, carrot, chili, sweet and baby corn, okra, onion, round melon, snapbean, snowpea, spongegourd, sugarsnaps, tomato, watermelon and zucchini- Designing greenhouse interior (5 ha) for crops using high-wire, growbag and drip-fertigation technologies ($500,000)- Implementing and monitoring GLOBALGAP and Tesco "Nature’s Choice" farm certification standards with emphasis on overseas pesticide maximum residue level (MRL) legislation
- Asian Institute of Technology (AIT), Bangkok/ThailandProject Consultant, 2001 - 2004- Managing and coordinating an interdisciplinary €2m international research project - Establishing a pilot 0.3-ha greenhouse vegetable farm in the humid tropics of Thailand- Introducing and managing daily operations at the research farm- Supervising and training 20 local staff and overseas M.Sc. and Ph.D. students- Developing and improving crop and pest management practices for tomatoes under protected cultivation
- Asian Vegetable Research and Development Center (AVRDC), Tainan/TaiwanAssociate Scientist for Crop and Soil Management, 2000 - 2001- Managing the "Crop and Soil Management" department with 18 staff- Managing the Manila, Hanoi, Ho-Chi-Minh City, Vientiane and Phnom Penh peri-urban vegetable production projects- Developing and improving crop management practices and year-round cropping sequences with emphasis on hot, wet season technologies in the tropics and subtropics
- Central Queensland University (CQU), Rockhampton/AustraliaResearch Officer, 1997 - 2000- Establishing and developing new primary industries (bamboo and Chinese waterchestnut)- Developing crop and soil management technologies- Developing postharvest handling, sterilization, packaging and storage techniques- Developing wastewater disposal systems with plants- Developing a 6-year (2001-2007) agricultural project ("Improving and maintaining productivity of bamboo for quality timber and shoots in Australia and the Philippines") in the Philippines and Australia funded (380,000 €) by the Australian Centre for International Agricultural Research (ACIAR)- Developing and policy formulation for farmers’ associations (Australian Commercial Bamboo Corporation Ltd, Bamboo Society of Australia, Australian Aquatic Vegetable Corporation)- Publishing a book chapter on "Aspects of Bamboo Agronomy" in Advances in Agronomy, the world’s leading publication in agriculture
- K+S Group (International Potash Institute), Kassel/GermanyFreelance Author, 1997 - 1997- Authoring a publication on "Sulfur and Chloride in the Soil-Plant System"
- Bavarian State Research Centre for Agriculture (LBP), Freising/GermanyProgrammer, 1996 - 1997- Developing software for the State Seed Testing Unit and the State Seed Legalization Unit- Managing databases of approximately 12,000 seed-testing results per annum with the SAS-System
- Asian Vegetable Research and Development Center (AVRDC), Tainan/TaiwanResearch Scholar, 1992 - 1995- Developing crop and soil management technologies for sustainable vegetable and rice production systems in the tropics and subtropics in Southeast Asia- Studies of traditional (inter-) cropping systems in the tropics and subtropics
แป้นพิมพ์ BlackBerry - แอปพลิเคชัน Android ใน Google Play
PRIV by BlackBerry® จะให้อิสระแก่คุณในการเลือกระหว่างแป้นพิมพ์หน้าจอสัมผัสเสมือน หรือแป้นพิมพ์บนเครื่องสำหรับความเร็วและถูกต้อง เปิดฝาสไลด์เ
Outgoing authenticated SMTP server and email relay service (solves most ...
AuthSMTP is an authenticated SMTP mail service (also known as a SMTP relay or smart host) designed to solve most of the problems experienced
NECTEC traffic.thai.net Project รายงานสภาพจราจรผ่านอินเทอร์เน็ต
เลื่อนแผนที่: -- เลือกบริเวณ --, กรุงเทพ, -- ชั้นใน, -- ปริมณฑล, -- สีลม, -- ลาดพร้าว, -- รามคำแหง, รังสิต, อยุธยา, ชัยนาท, สระบุรี, นครราชส
Curriculum vitae and publications of Dr. agr. Volker Kleinhenz
Provides information about the qualifications of Dr. Volker Kleinhenz as agriculturist and horticulturist.
103/92 Moo 7 Klong Nueng, Klong Luang - Google Maps
Find local businesses, view maps and get driving directions in Google Maps
Newly Republished Magazine Provides Insights into Popular Science Terms
The newly republished online science magazine EurekaMag.com publishes references and reviews in the basic and applied life, earth and health
URGENT: Seeking someone familiar with hydrogels in farming for paid phon...
I am seeking someone who is knowledgeable about hydrogels that are currently used for slow water and nutrient release in farming. If interes
New Civil Engineering and Communication Resources Published at ScienceIn...
The Civil Engineering and Communication Sciences are two new key categories covered by the Sciences Social Network ScienceIndex.com. The use
Science Magazine Publishes Articles on Orexin and Biophilia
The Bio-Magazine has just published reviews on the neuropeptide hormone Orexin and on Biophilia which is the hypothesis of an instinctive bo
New Chili Pepper Resources Published at Olericulture.org
The Vegetable Magazine Olericulture.org has newly included 341 resources to its Chili Pepper category. Chili pepper is the fruit of plants f