- Fremont MotorsAutomotive Digital Marketing & eCommerce Sales Director, 2012 - 2013• Communicate vision 2015 and digital marketing strategy, planned changes and actions to President • Cut current digital "waste" web-cost by $9k plus/month by parallel increasing CTR and lead conversion [see link] • Implement market proven online campaigns to assure regional and national OEM branding alignment • Develop new market and regionally specific online strategies to drive digital consumer engagement • Drive for consistent adoption and utilization of vendors new and innovative digital technologies • Drive smart Lead Management and Response time performance improvements from >2 hrs response time to <20 minutes throughout the group • Integration of long-term follow-up processes for Internet Sales and CRC departments • Rejuvenate SEO and SEM tactics for increasing digital exposure and higher rankings on SERP • Providing a consistent digital marketing and off-line advertising message throughout the corporation • Shift a prior complacent corporate culture into a new dynamic, and "just do it" mind-set enterprise
- ADP | CobaltDigital Marketing Ambassador and Consumer Journey Visionaire, 2009 - 2012• Spearheaded company’s plans on in Social Media exposure and product development • Building promotional strategies and presence on external social networks including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, and Slideshare • Invited and noted speaker on industry events - Topic: Social Media and Consumer Journey • Ambassador, Spokesperson and Face for Cobalt DS during Industry events and trade fairs • Educating and assisting employees/other departments in creating and implementing social media and community strategies that improve their operations and their ability to service members and clients • Adviser to multiple franchises and OEM manufacturers in the U.S. developing SEM, SEO, Linking strategies and Social Media marketing implementation • Writing and editing editorial copy, blog posts, marketing messages, event descriptions for site and blog • Publishing articles on several outlets - Topics: Social Media Marketing; Online Branding; Digital Marketing, SEO & SEM, Consumer Life-cycle Experience
- SONS Auto Groupe-Commerce Director, 2004 - 2009• e-Commerce departments contributed an average 42% of total gross sales for the group • National recognized Internet marketing professional with featured cover story in Digital Dealer Magazine • Achieved highest Customer Satisfaction Index and Net Promoter Score through-out business group • Quoted Internet Marketing Professional in U.S. trade magazines and Automotive News • Supervisor to 23 Internet Managers • Conducted trainings on Best Practices for Dealer Group’s array of profit centers • Increased Internet website traffic and consumer engagement by 90% with CTA engagement • Converted traditional off-line marketing department into 21st century digital marketing operation; cutting traditional advertising spending by 60% • Author; generated over 200,000 unique hits on company’s blog and increased website traffic by 38%
- Williams AutoWorld / Schumacher Mercedes BenzSales Consultant / BDC Specialist, 2001 - 2004• Developed Internet clientele follow-up processes • Top-ranked Customer Satisfaction Index awards recipient for Porsche, BMW, Mercedes Benz • Invited and noted speaker on industry events - Topic: Social Media • Top-sales performer for all 3 franchises in under 8 months on board as Internet sales lead person
- Scheelen Institute - GermanyNational Key Account Manager, 1999 - 2001• Supervised a team of 12 Account Executives • Developed complex marketing strategy from concept to completion for end-user market • Train-the-Trainer for 12 corporate trainer and 15 consultants • Accredited coach and trainer for DISG-Profiling tools; equivalent to the MBTI HR selection tool • Developed numerous international key relationships to Fortune 100 companies • Topped sales revenues in 6 months of $160k (national average $70k); increased sales revenue by 35%
In love the car industry and everything containing Strategy in Digital Online Marketing and Sales.
Current MINI Cooper S driver, weakness for beautiful station wagons like BMW 5-series and family Porsches like the Panamera and Cayenne.
Spoke at Digital Dealer Conferences, NADA and NCM Dealer 20-Groups, Cadillac and Ford Direct. Sharing news and articles on digital marketing and online advertising issues and have published for SocialMedia2Day, Digital Marketing Dispatcher and Digital Autobahn.
- The School of Life
Watch this NY police officer threaten to ticket someone for washing a ca...
In this video, two men get a free lesson about a Garden City, NY village ordinance that outlaws washing your car in public places.
eBay stories blog | Antill art, created with molten aluminum
Although it vaguely resembles a Christmas tree, this piece of art was created by pouring molten aluminum down a fire anthill - and if that s
Mobile App Metrics that Matter - Whiteboard Friday
Measuring the performance of your mobile apps is every bit as important as measuring your web properties. In today's Whiteboard Friday, Adam
A Wedding in Aisle 3? Why Ikea Encourages Chinese to Make Its Stores The...
I just learned that Chinese and Ikea are a Match Made in Heaven. They (the Chinese that is) love the Swedish Meatballs, couples with kids wi
How to Use Pinterest for Content Marketing : OMI Blog
Do you consider Pinterest a valuable source for your Content Marketing Mix? In the same vein, if you were to create a series of infographics
Google Updates How AdWords Quality Score is Reported
Google said it is changing how the AdWords quality score is reported to make it easier for advertisers to adjust and revise ads based on the
Google: 88% of Mobile Search Ad Clicks are Incremental to Organic Clicks
Today Google AdWords released a mobile research study that concluded 88 percent of ad clicks from mobile search are incremental to organic c
Volker Jaeckel now Digital Marketing Ambassador for the Cobalt Group – D...
Volker Jaeckel is now the Digital Marketing Ambassador for the Cobalt Group
Digital Marketing Dispatcher transmitting pure and reliable messages on ...
Digital Marketing Dispatcher. transmitting pure and reliable messages on Digital Marketing. VJ is the Digital Marketing Dispatcher; What oth
Column: The Automotive Marketing Infobahn with Volker Jaeckel
Three German Proverbs for Three Common Automotive Marketing Scenarios As a German “elder” of the automotive industry, I decided to us