This is a setup that I use in hotels to stream to chromecast bridged from hotel wireless OR to cast my screen without hotel wireless. Also, I use my Anker E3 portable battery, http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009USAJCC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 to connect to the chromecast since hotel outlets are hard to reach or TVs don't have a USB.
Here's what works for me....(This is how I set everything up before I went on the road).
1. Get a Hootoo travel router. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HZWOQZ6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
2. Download hootoo trip mate. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=hootoo.wd.activities
A. Move the button on the outside of the hootoo to wireless.
B. Setup the router on "YOUR" home network via the app. The app will guide you to name a new WiFi network created by the hootoo router.
3. Setup your chromecast using your hootoo created WiFi network, NOT your main home network.
A. (The hootoo router will be connected to your home network while creating it's own WiFi in which chromecast will be connected)
B. At this point your chromecast is configured to recognize and work on your hootoo WiFi only.
4. If you want to watch a chromecast that DOES require Internet (podcast, Netflix, etc.) Goto the hootoo trip mate app and select a wireless network to attach to. The hootoo app then configures the router to bridge the network into your new hootoo network you created for your chromecast.
5. If you DO NOT need Internet connectivity and just want to cast your screen; make sure your hootoo router is on. Select the hootoo created network on your phone or tablet or laptop. Then via your chromechromecast app, select your chromecast device. You should now see the TV Chromecast screen say that Internet connection lost. NEVER MIND THIS and goto cast screen within the chromecast app and since you are connected to a WiFi network, your tablet, laptop, phone screen will mirror on the TV.
6. This took about 10 minutes to set up everything out of the boxes... I've tested this several times with my home airport router disconnected.
7. The hootoo router also has a USB port for thumb/hard drive. This streams to anyone on the network, simultaneously.
8. So now, when I get to a hotel, I plug in micro usb power to the router and open app on phone or tablet. Next, plug in Chromecast and change tv to input. That's it. Since everything was configured at home, it's literally plug and play...
- 2006 - present
- IBM1999 - 2006
- University of Novi Sad, Serbia1994 - 1999
Stephan Pastis: Luckiest Cartoonist in the World - GeekDad
If you're a comic strip fan, you need to drop everything and read this now, even if you're not a fan of Pearls Before Swine. Trust me. Steph
feedly: organize, read and share what matters to you.
Feedly connects you to the information and knowledge you care about. We help you get more out of you work, education, hobbies and interests.
How to Trick a Child Into Playing the Violin (or Other Boring Things) - ...
The reward of causally rich information beats even stickers. For real: EVEN STICKERS.
Introducing Kids to Java Programming Using Minecraft (Arun Gupta, Miles ...
Blogs.Oracle.Com - Arun Gupta, Miles to go ...
What are some good game development programs for kids? [closed]
I know a very bright little boy who excels in math, but at home he's glued to his Nintendo DS. When I asked him what he wanted to do when he
Game Design Engine, Make Games for iPhone & Android - GameSalad
GameSalad is the world’s fastest game design engine. Learn to make and publish hit games for free on iPhone, iPad, Android & HTML5. No codin
Make indie games with the minimum of technical know-how
In this week's Technology section of the paper, I celebrate the flourishing public-access game development engine scene, user-friendly templ
Q&A: Doom's Creator Looks Back on 20 Years of Demonic Mayhem | G...
To commemorate the 20th anniversary of his most momentous game release, WIRED spoke with John Carmack about the creation of Doom.