A lot of people believes that Russian tensions already comedown in Ukraine, because Putin recalled troops from military exercise. Unfortunately 16000 troops continue to be deployed across Crimean Peninsula and controlling vital Infrastructures, economic areas, including Ukrainian military bases. Last 7 days, Putin managed to unmask his real face and showed to entire World - to what extent agreement with Russians, can be honored by Russians.
I believe we managed to avert WWIII, but confrontation is not over until last solder will leave Ukrainian territory and Russian military bases will be shut down in Ukraine.
We all learned terrible lessons:
1. Russians are chronic liars when it comes to International policies;
2. Russian propaganda machine, managed to get overwhelmed support from Russian citizens;
3. It is very difficult to get true information from most of the news organizations;
4. Europe, has too much dependency on relationship with Russia, and it is nearly impossible at this time to completely cut off Russians from International trade.
What we can do in the future, and how we can assure stability.
1. We need to start removing Russia from all agreements including possibility to annul veto power in UN Security Council for Russia, go down to G7 (by striking Russia from G8) etc.
2. Begin investigation about legality of assets abroad from Russian officials, so far Tax report was sufficient in Europe for houses several million Euros or Pounds, some officials would not be able to make so much money in 100 years.
3. Stop any talk about visa free relationship with Russia.
4. Annul US and European visas for family members of Russian government officials including wife's and children.
5. Begin installation of long range radars in Eastern part of Europe for missile defense.
6. Begin assessment for trade alternatives in Europe for Russian goods including Gas and Oil. #ukraine #crimeainvasion #crimea #russiainvadesukraine #russia