And the stories the grifter tells aren’t real-world narratives — reality-as-is is dispiriting and boring. They are tales that seem true, but are actually a manipulation of reality. The best confidence artist makes us feel not as if we’re being taken for a ride but as if we are genuinely wonderful human beings who are acting the way wonderful human beings act and getting what we deserve. We like to feel that we are exceptional, and exceptional individuals are not chumps.
- Universitatea de Vest din TimisoaraJurnalism + Engleza, 2003 - 2007
- Liceul Teoretic William Shakespeare Timisoara1991 - 2003
- I've read them all
- I consider them (very) interesting
- I generally agree with the sentiment of the posts I link to. For example, if there's a big story out there, I'll choose the post that best reflects my view on the issue and link to that. However, sometimes I just post stuff because I feel I need to draw your attention to it. Generally when I don't agree with something I link to, that will be made painfully clear in the bit above the link.
- My opinion on the matter (written in normal text, like here)
- An excerpt from the linked story which I consider most relevant for its contents (this will be in italics, like here)
- GSMArena.comWriter, 2014 - present
- UnwiredView.comEditor, 2010 - 2014
- Download SquadBlogger, 2010 - 2011
Tinder is secretly ranking how "desirable" you are
Tinder secretly scores the "desirability" of every user, and it seemingly uses that score to match up people of similar "desirability," acco
Young People Used These Absurd Little Cards to Get Laid in the 19th Century
Victorians loved to communicate via calling card. It was the proper, dignified way to communicate with other people. But wouldn’t you know,
PSA: Default Apps For Browser, Phone, SMS, And Assist Action Have Their ...
The thing about Marshmallow is that it added a lot of granular control over your apps, but it did so in such a confusing and redundant way t
An Open Letter To Motorola: Start Promising A Concrete Period Of Update ...
Last week, Motorola announced its plans in regard to devices it would be upgrading to Android Marshmallow. Missing from that list were the 2
Your Car Can Be Hacked. So What Are Auto-Makers Doing About It?
When I watched some security researchers hack into several cars without even touching them, my head exploded a little bit.
Pervert uses AirDrop to 'cyber-flash' fellow commuter
Ever heard of "cyber-flashing?" Us neither, to be honest, but it's certainly got the police's attention. As the BBC reports, British Transpo
Did Samsung alienate its most loyal fanbase by calling them shallow?
Did Samsung alienate its most loyal fanbase by calling them shallow? For the record my primary device is fully paid for with my own hard ear
How Beats Tricks You Into Thinking It Makes a Premium Product
The sneaky designers at Beats by Dre employ a clever trick to make you think that the company’s plastic headphones are durable products wort
Duracell Will Sell You A Giant Wireless Charging Plug (Yes, You Read Tha...
Wireless charging is nice. It really is - setting your phone down and picking it back up, without having to plug it in and remove the plug e
Almost All of the World's Top Hotel Chains Use Easily Hackable Hardware
Hotel internet is so far from secure--it's downright scary. You should know this by now. However, a new report from cyber security researche
Your brain can be conned into believing you committed a crime
How much do you trust your brain? We're asking, because a new study published in Psychological Science provides scientific evidence that it'
The Spectacular Sight of Subway Cars Being Dumped Into the Ocean
Of all the things you'd expect to find at the bottom of the ocean, a small village of old New York subway cars may not cross your mind. But
Four Ideas to Fix Beijing's Smog Airpocalypse, And One That Will Work
The worst smog of the year so far swept into Beijing this week, coating the city in a grainy, deep grey murk on par with what the city endur