Features music from Soul de Marin, Iban Montoro, Jazzman Wax, Ben Hauke, saQi, Thomas Jack, Benjamin Francis Leftwoch, Neighbour, Elan B, Heion, System 7, Banco de Gaia - Official, Force of Nature, Humble Goods, Dean Kenny, Madison Avenue, Kidnap kid, Corduroy Mavericks, Ridney, Artful & Ridney, Tom Mann, Liston, Bo Saris
Find Your Beat!
Explore, Discover, Share!
Stream it -- http://www.dopedenproductions.com/?p=8108
Itunes - https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/gla-podcastgla-podcast/id393750163?mt=2
Other Podcatchers - http://feeds.feedburner.com/MarkFarinaPodcasts
Google Plus is not Twitter, and it's not Facebook. That means that what works on those platforms doesn't work here. I hear lots of people complain that their G+ posts get no engagement. Sometimes they are simply new and have not established a loyal following of active users. But most of the time they are using G+ like it's either Twitter or Facebook (or even Pinterest).
Posting for engagement is one of the main skills to master on G+, and here are the best articles I've found that outline how to do it.
Wouldn't just one of these articles be enough? No. We learn through repetition. And each author brings a different slant to the message. You may need to hear the same advice expressed in a particular turn of phrase for it to click in your mind. So I encourage you to read them all!
Besides, not all of these offer exactly the same advice. Some differ in terms of recommended posting length whether or not you should shorten links. But you will see repeating themes that every single article is adamant about: offer value without click through, follow up on comments, use images, use bold and italics in your formatting, etc.
Most of these posts delve at least somewhat into the why behind the tips, but if you want more technical, detailed explanations, be sure to read the ADVANCED G+ POSTING section at the bottom.
Want to pin THIS list of guides? ►►http://www.pinterest.com/pin/207447126559258195/
Ultimate Google Plus Posting Guide
I love the annotated image of how to format G+ posts for engagement. Maybe you wouldn't use all of those options for every post, but it's a great guide to help you consider possible parts of a G+ post that begs to be +1ed, shared, and commented on.
My favorite quote: If there is content that you’d like to share with your own followers and also with another community, wait a day or two to spread out your sharing and create a new message tailored for each audience and community that you share with.
Want to Increase Social Signals?
The image comparing a brilliant G+ post versus a crappy G+ post really drives home how to increase social signals on G+. But read the commentary for more details about exactly how to win with G+ posts.
My favorite quote: . . . how much time did you spend writing that article? Don’t you think it’s worth spending a couple of minutes to make a quality post that has the chance of stimulating the social signals necessary to put it before more peoples eyes?
Link Litter Makes Me Wanna Puke a Little
You might be unaware that you are posting link litter on G+. If you're getting no engagement, this could be why. Learn what link litter is and how to write quality posts.
My favorite quote: Do you really think people are gonna waste their time reading it if you don’t even think it’s worth taking 1 minute to summarize it for them?
Read it(some adult language)►http://www.seocialsignals.com/link-litter/
6 Ways a Formatted Google+ Post Will Increase Engagement and Interest
Mike explains what you should include in a G+ post but goes on to explain the why behind it so that you understand the strategy.
My favorite quote: The Title of your Google+ share and the commentary you add are just as significant as the rest of your article. It's been said that your Title should be compelling enough to get people to read your second sentence, and then your second sentence should be compelling enough to get people to read the next, and so on through your entire post. Your Google+ share works the same way.
Why Keep Promoting the Fake Mystery of Online Content?
This post here on G+ really opened my eyes to the generous type of posting that will engender relationships. Don't make the reader click to get value. Provide all the value needed right there in the G+ post. This is a totally different way of looking at posting on social media. And I like it!
My favorite quote: Is there some law under which a person must click the link to read the grand secret of the article? Why don't sharers just cheat and reveal the secret upfront, so that people don't have to click at all?
Five Easy Steps to Bake the Perfect Google+ Post
Peg breaks G+ posting into five easy to digest steps. If the whole G+ posting thing intimidates you, start with this tutorial.
My favorite quote: Engage with everyone who comments or shares your material. Communication and engagement can’t and won’t happen if you aren’t there.
How To Create The Perfect Google+ Post
This is another non-scary post that lists the to dos for G+ posts that get engagement.
My favorite quote: Don’t just copy your meta description either, this should be optimized for Google+ users. The summary should explain what you are sharing and why the user would want to read it!
Google+ Posting Guide [Infographic]
Confused about Who to Share With? Sharing and notifciations are a very tricky part of posting on G+. I actually printed out this graphic and referred to it often before I memorized it. If you are confused about sharing public versus sharing to circles or if you have made people unhappy with your notifications, please study this helpful infographic.
My favorite quote: If you include a specific circle, they will be notified.
The Anatomy of a Perfect Google+ Post
A crystal clear outline of what the perfect G+ post needs, presented both in text and in an annotated visual example.
My favorite quote: This formula has been proven time after time to get significant engagement for content. It’s not a magic formula that will give you over night success though. It’s simply a guideline for making your posts stand out amongst a sea of content.
Pin it► http://www.pinterest.com/pin/207447126558881668/
ADVANCED G+ POSTING
Want to go deeper to understand the mechanics behind G+ posts and how they create social signals?
This Changes Everything: Social Signals, Your Website, and Google+
If you care about social signals from an SEO perspective, this is a must-read. Sometimes our desire for engagement is at odds with the SEO benefits. After you understand the mechanics behind a G+ post, it may change the way you share. It all depends on your goals.
My favorite quote: Image posts stand out more in the stream and always elicit more activity than just a standard link post.
The follow up to Dustin's This Changes Everything is another must-read so that you get the full picture of how to post on G+.
Multiple links: Preserving the social signal on Google+
My favorite quote: A Google+ post published with multiple links in the body will not credit any of the links. But, it is possible to include multiple links in the body of a Google+ post and still increase the +1 count of an intended post.
Google Plus: Preserving Attribution
Sadly, the workaround that devised (above) stopped working.
Pro Tip: The Proper Way to Share Your Post!
In this snippet from a HoA, and give some simple tips for sharing public versus to circles.
If I missed your favorite how to post on G+ article, please share it in a comment.
- Moto Loco LLChttp://www.motolocosb.net, 2012 - presentApprenticeship is a system of training a new generation of practitioners of a structured competency based set of skills. Apprenticeships ranged from craft occupations or trades to those seeking a professional license to practice in a regulated profession. Apprentices (or in early modern usage "prentices") or protégés build their careers from apprenticeships. Most of their training is done while working for an employer who helps the apprentices learn their trade or profession, in exchange for their continuing labor for an agreed period after they have achieved measurable competencies. For more advance apprenticeships, theoretical education was also involved, formally via the workplace and also by attending a local technical college vocational schools or university while still being paid by the employer often over a period of 4–6 years.
- Holographic Ecology Foundationdj + graphics + social /ˈmav(ə)rik/, 2005 - presentApprenticeship is a system of training a new generation of practitioners of a structured competency based set of skills. Apprenticeships ranged from craft occupations or trades to those seeking a professional license to practice in a regulated profession. Apprentices (or in early modern usage "prentices") or protégés build their careers from apprenticeships. Most of their training is done while working for an employer who helps the apprentices learn their trade or profession, in exchange for their continuing labor for an agreed period after they have achieved measurable competencies. For more advance apprenticeships, theoretical education was also involved, formally via the workplace and also by attending a local technical college vocational schools or university while still being paid by the employer often over a period of 4–6 years.
- Santa Barbara City CollegeAuxiliary Aid for Disabled, 2011 - present"Auxiliary aids" is defined by 3 CFR 102.103 as services or devices that enable persons with impaired sensory, manual, or speaking skills to have an equal opportunity to participate in, and enjoy the benefits of, programs or activities conducted by the agency. For example, auxiliary aids useful for persons with impaired vision include readers, Brailled materials, audio recordings, and other similar services and devices. Auxiliary aids useful for persons with impaired hearing include telephone handset amplifiers, telephones compatible with hearing aids, telecommunication devices for deaf persons (TDD's), interpreters, notetakers, written materials, and other similar services and devices.
- La Capannina Italian RestaurantRestaurant Apprentice, 1993 - 1998started as a dishwasher and worked my way up to assistant manager. learned how to manage a restaurant from the inside out. continued my college education in business management with an emphases on psychology & a passion for art. promoted to assistant manager 1997 which consisted of managing the front of the house employee's schedule's, customer service & reservations, wine & liquor inventory, managing daily financial transactions & maintaining harmony between the front of the house, the kitchen staff, & the patrons.
- Trattoria MollieFine Dining Server, 1998 - 2003fine dining server + private events + apprenticeship
- Arnoldi's CafeServer, 2003 - 2005assistant manager which consisted of managing the front of the house employee's schedule's, customer service & reservations, wine & liquor inventory, managing daily financial transactions & maintaining harmony between the front of the house, the kitchen staff, & the patrons.
- Trattoria VittoriaAsstiant Mananger, 2005 - 2007assistant manager which consisted of managing the front of the house employee's schedule's, customer service & reservations, wine & liquor inventory, managing daily financial transactions & maintaining harmony between the front of the house, the kitchen staff, & the patrons.
- SBtherapy.comResident Deejay, 2002 - 2007graphics for social media network + posters for events + dj a few promotional events
- Couchez nightclubResident Deejay, 2005 - 2007graphics for social media network + posters for events + dj a few promotional events
- EOS lounge & nightclubResident Deejay, 2007 - 2008graphics for social media network + posters for events + dj a few promotional events
- Aikido of Santa BarbaraDojo Cho, 2005 - 2007Uchi-deshi usually live in the dōjō or the home of the teacher, or in separate accommodations near the dōjō. He serves the teacher all day, every day. Duties may include cleaning and secretarial work. In contrast to uchi-deshi, students who live outside are referred to as soto-deshi (Kanji: 外弟子 Hiragana: そとでし literally "outside students"). Historically, an uchi-deshi was typically chosen and groomed to become the next head of a school of martial arts when a direct family member was not available.
- Rhythm Dance & Fitness Studiosdj + graphics + social /ˈmav(ə)rik/, 2004 - 2012graphics for social media network + business cards + posters for events + dj a few promotional events
- Moto Loco SBdj + graphics + social /ˈmav(ə)rik/, 2010 - 2011graphics for social media network + business cards + posters for events + dj a few promotional events
I have a multi-directional approach to the art of social media and business management. I create an interface for groups of people to connect both physically and digitally with ease. I help maximize the talent of an individual in multiple groups, using a wide range of social media networks and traditional management systems. Over the years I have developed successful strategies that adapt quickly to the constant rapid changes in business, social media, its impact on society and its complex subcultures. Filtering information is a key aspect in identifying and making the most of emerging trends.
In my personal Facebook profile I share ideas and study the responses in order to make informed decisions about building and fading trends. In my Twitter account I use a series of hash-tags to direct and promote artists in a haiku-like style. This facilitates SEO and backlink traffic. Instagram is my archival gallery of digital photographic images that stimulate my creative process. Pinterest highlights pivotal points in my social network and my personal life. Foursquare supports me in creating an intimacy between brick and mortar businesses and the social network, through my personal life journey.
As a Multimedia artist, YouTube is my venue for exploring and experimenting with sound, images and video. I have created a series of mixtapes that combine social commentary, humor, satire, and music of different genres, to weave an hour-long story. Through SoundCloud, Mixcrate and Mixcloud I promote my repertoire to develop and expand my reputation in the entertainment industry. My personal blog is hosted on Tumblr and is the high-gloss magazine of my life.
Google is the foundation of my digital business because I can access my office from anywhere, on any computer. Using this business model, I can be in transit and instantly respond to all facets of my work. LinkedIn is my Curriculum Vitae and helps me stay up-to-date with current business trends in diverse industries.
- AKI GoletaKenkyukai International., 2013 - presentAKI Goleta is an Aikikai dojo having its affiliation through Aikido Kenkyukai International. Our Aikido has been passed from Morihei Ueshiba O'Sensei to Seigo Yamaguchi Shihan to Yoshinobu Takeda Shihan (8th Dan) to Lia Suzuki Sensei (6th Dan) to us. We are committed to transmitting this gift as accurately as possible and to the best of our abilities. AKI Goleta has been in existance since the fall of 2008 and all classes are currently led by Matt Bridi (3rd Dan). Matt has been training Aikido since 1993 and has been a student of Lia Suzuki Sensei since 1996.
- Senshin CenterAikido Elite, 2011 - 2012Senshin Center is a newly formed dojo in the Goleta/Santa Barbara area and is dedicated to three tenets: The accurate transmission of Aikido; the overall physical, emotional, and spiritual wellness of its members; and the continuing betterment of our local community.
- St. Genevieve Elementary SchoolJesuit Prep School :(, 1987 - 1992St. Genevieve Elementary academic program builds a strong foundation of basic skills – in core subjects such as mathematics, language arts, science, and social studies – while recognizing individual differences and learning styles. Religion Studies classes and real-world experiences, such as community service projects and liturgical worship, develop in our students a true sense of a faith community. Students at our school are encouraged to discover the joys of creative expression – through art, music, and physical education. Holistic values, morals, and character formation are integrated in every aspect of our curriculum, which extends through every aspect of our daily life.
- Santa Barbara Jr. HighGirls ;~), 1992 - 1993Santa Barbara Junior High School has a long and proud history. Many local citizens are graduates and have memories of their middle years spent at this handsome, historical landmark. Built in 1932, the school is situated in the heart of the Eastside community of Santa Barbara. Santa Barbara Junior High is the home of the Marjorie Luke Theatre, a cultural and community performing arts center that caters to youth performing arts organizations. The library media center is at the heart of the school with extensive up-to date book, reference, audio visual and computer resources to support all levels of the curriculum. Students from the elementary feeder schools of Washington, Cleveland, Montecito Union, Franklin, Cold Springs, Peabody, and Roosevelt make up the population of 840 students. Santa Barbara Junior High is committed to promoting opportunities for academic excellence and developing personal and civic responsibility in a safe, tolerant and caring environment.
- Santa Barbara High SchoolSex, Drugs & House Music, 1993 - 1997Welcome to Santa Barbara High School, an incredible California landmark. Our beautiful school is the culmination of all the great things in the city of Santa Barbara. Our 130-year history allows us to see how pioneers in aviation engineering, economics, theater, athletics, and service to our community came to be. We met the 20th century’s needs by providing our nation with great thinkers and community supporters, we enter the 21st century with high hopes and big dreams for the youth and the potential they possess . We celebrate the scholarship, diversity, and community service our students achieve every day, and we foster the spirit of ingenuity that our ever-changing world requires of its new leaders.
- Santa Barbara City CollegeBusiness Adminstration & Psychology, 1997 - 2003Santa Barbara City College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges (ACCJC) of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges, 10 Commercial Blvd., Suite 204, Novato, CA 94949 (415) 506-0234 an institutional accrediting body recognized by the Commission on Recognition of Postsecondary Accreditation and the U.S. Department of Education. In 2010, the ACCJC reaffirmed the College's accreditation. In 2012, the Commission placed the college on warning status for governance related issues. This action is only related to this area of performance and not to the college's exemplary academic and student support programs. The college retains its accreditation status during this period.
- University of California, Santa BarbaraItalian Cultural Studies, 2003 - 2005Home to 5 Noble laureates and 11 national institutes and centers, our campus combines breathtaking natural beauty with immense intellectual vitality.
- Aikido of Santa BarbaraAikido USAF, 2000 - 2007Aikido of Santa Barbara teaches a non-competitive, non-combative physical art that places emphasis on non-violent resolution, tolerance of others, and overall social harmony. ASB mission is to enhance the physical, mental, and spiritual health of youth and families by cultivating their minds and bodies through the knowledge and practice of the traditional Japanese art of Aikido.
- The Cultural SchoolAikido with Ki, 2009 - 2011The goal of Aikido with Ki training is not to fight, but to live in peace and make this planet a better place. It is based on nature's laws, where right is might, and emphasizes love, harmony, and a positive attitude. Neither size, weight, nor sex have anything to do with the execution of powerful Aikido. Ota Sensei emphasizes the art of Falling (Ukemi) with graceful, yet powerful defense techniques. Many of his students have advanced to high ranking black belts, including Steven Ota and William Buckner.