- Moto Loco LLChttp://www.motolocosb.net, 2012 - presentApprenticeship is a system of training a new generation of practitioners of a structured competency based set of skills. Apprenticeships ranged from craft occupations or trades to those seeking a professional license to practice in a regulated profession. Apprentices (or in early modern usage "prentices") or protégés build their careers from apprenticeships. Most of their training is done while working for an employer who helps the apprentices learn their trade or profession, in exchange for their continuing labor for an agreed period after they have achieved measurable competencies. For more advance apprenticeships, theoretical education was also involved, formally via the workplace and also by attending a local technical college vocational schools or university while still being paid by the employer often over a period of 4–6 years.
- Holographic Ecology Foundationdj + graphics + social /ˈmav(ə)rik/, 2005 - presentApprenticeship is a system of training a new generation of practitioners of a structured competency based set of skills. Apprenticeships ranged from craft occupations or trades to those seeking a professional license to practice in a regulated profession. Apprentices (or in early modern usage "prentices") or protégés build their careers from apprenticeships. Most of their training is done while working for an employer who helps the apprentices learn their trade or profession, in exchange for their continuing labor for an agreed period after they have achieved measurable competencies. For more advance apprenticeships, theoretical education was also involved, formally via the workplace and also by attending a local technical college vocational schools or university while still being paid by the employer often over a period of 4–6 years.
- Santa Barbara City CollegeAuxiliary Aid for Disabled, 2011 - present"Auxiliary aids" is defined by 3 CFR 102.103 as services or devices that enable persons with impaired sensory, manual, or speaking skills to have an equal opportunity to participate in, and enjoy the benefits of, programs or activities conducted by the agency. For example, auxiliary aids useful for persons with impaired vision include readers, Brailled materials, audio recordings, and other similar services and devices. Auxiliary aids useful for persons with impaired hearing include telephone handset amplifiers, telephones compatible with hearing aids, telecommunication devices for deaf persons (TDD's), interpreters, notetakers, written materials, and other similar services and devices.
- La Capannina Italian RestaurantRestaurant Apprentice, 1993 - 1998started as a dishwasher and worked my way up to assistant manager. learned how to manage a restaurant from the inside out. continued my college education in business management with an emphases on psychology & a passion for art. promoted to assistant manager 1997 which consisted of managing the front of the house employee's schedule's, customer service & reservations, wine & liquor inventory, managing daily financial transactions & maintaining harmony between the front of the house, the kitchen staff, & the patrons.
- Trattoria MollieFine Dining Server, 1998 - 2003fine dining server + private events + apprenticeship
- Arnoldi's CafeServer, 2003 - 2005assistant manager which consisted of managing the front of the house employee's schedule's, customer service & reservations, wine & liquor inventory, managing daily financial transactions & maintaining harmony between the front of the house, the kitchen staff, & the patrons.
- Trattoria VittoriaAsstiant Mananger, 2005 - 2007assistant manager which consisted of managing the front of the house employee's schedule's, customer service & reservations, wine & liquor inventory, managing daily financial transactions & maintaining harmony between the front of the house, the kitchen staff, & the patrons.
- SBtherapy.comResident Deejay, 2002 - 2007graphics for social media network + posters for events + dj a few promotional events
- Couchez nightclubResident Deejay, 2005 - 2007graphics for social media network + posters for events + dj a few promotional events
- EOS lounge & nightclubResident Deejay, 2007 - 2008graphics for social media network + posters for events + dj a few promotional events
- Aikido of Santa BarbaraDojo Cho, 2005 - 2007Uchi-deshi usually live in the dōjō or the home of the teacher, or in separate accommodations near the dōjō. He serves the teacher all day, every day. Duties may include cleaning and secretarial work. In contrast to uchi-deshi, students who live outside are referred to as soto-deshi (Kanji: 外弟子 Hiragana: そとでし literally "outside students"). Historically, an uchi-deshi was typically chosen and groomed to become the next head of a school of martial arts when a direct family member was not available.
- Rhythm Dance & Fitness Studiosdj + graphics + social /ˈmav(ə)rik/, 2004 - 2012graphics for social media network + business cards + posters for events + dj a few promotional events
- Moto Loco SBdj + graphics + social /ˈmav(ə)rik/, 2010 - 2011graphics for social media network + business cards + posters for events + dj a few promotional events
I have a multi-directional approach to the art of social media and business management. I create an interface for groups of people to connect both physically and digitally with ease. I help maximize the talent of an individual in multiple groups, using a wide range of social media networks and traditional management systems. Over the years I have developed successful strategies that adapt quickly to the constant rapid changes in business, social media, its impact on society and its complex subcultures. Filtering information is a key aspect in identifying and making the most of emerging trends.
In my personal Facebook profile I share ideas and study the responses in order to make informed decisions about building and fading trends. In my Twitter account I use a series of hash-tags to direct and promote artists in a haiku-like style. This facilitates SEO and backlink traffic. Instagram is my archival gallery of digital photographic images that stimulate my creative process. Pinterest highlights pivotal points in my social network and my personal life. Foursquare supports me in creating an intimacy between brick and mortar businesses and the social network, through my personal life journey.
As a Multimedia artist, YouTube is my venue for exploring and experimenting with sound, images and video. I have created a series of mixtapes that combine social commentary, humor, satire, and music of different genres, to weave an hour-long story. Through SoundCloud, Mixcrate and Mixcloud I promote my repertoire to develop and expand my reputation in the entertainment industry. My personal blog is hosted on Tumblr and is the high-gloss magazine of my life.
Google is the foundation of my digital business because I can access my office from anywhere, on any computer. Using this business model, I can be in transit and instantly respond to all facets of my work. LinkedIn is my Curriculum Vitae and helps me stay up-to-date with current business trends in diverse industries.
- AKI GoletaKenkyukai International., 2013 - presentAKI Goleta is an Aikikai dojo having its affiliation through Aikido Kenkyukai International. Our Aikido has been passed from Morihei Ueshiba O'Sensei to Seigo Yamaguchi Shihan to Yoshinobu Takeda Shihan (8th Dan) to Lia Suzuki Sensei (6th Dan) to us. We are committed to transmitting this gift as accurately as possible and to the best of our abilities. AKI Goleta has been in existance since the fall of 2008 and all classes are currently led by Matt Bridi (3rd Dan). Matt has been training Aikido since 1993 and has been a student of Lia Suzuki Sensei since 1996.
- Senshin CenterAikido Elite, 2011 - 2012Senshin Center is a newly formed dojo in the Goleta/Santa Barbara area and is dedicated to three tenets: The accurate transmission of Aikido; the overall physical, emotional, and spiritual wellness of its members; and the continuing betterment of our local community.
- St. Genevieve Elementary SchoolJesuit Prep School :(, 1987 - 1992St. Genevieve Elementary academic program builds a strong foundation of basic skills – in core subjects such as mathematics, language arts, science, and social studies – while recognizing individual differences and learning styles. Religion Studies classes and real-world experiences, such as community service projects and liturgical worship, develop in our students a true sense of a faith community. Students at our school are encouraged to discover the joys of creative expression – through art, music, and physical education. Holistic values, morals, and character formation are integrated in every aspect of our curriculum, which extends through every aspect of our daily life.
- Santa Barbara Jr. HighGirls ;~), 1992 - 1993Santa Barbara Junior High School has a long and proud history. Many local citizens are graduates and have memories of their middle years spent at this handsome, historical landmark. Built in 1932, the school is situated in the heart of the Eastside community of Santa Barbara. Santa Barbara Junior High is the home of the Marjorie Luke Theatre, a cultural and community performing arts center that caters to youth performing arts organizations. The library media center is at the heart of the school with extensive up-to date book, reference, audio visual and computer resources to support all levels of the curriculum. Students from the elementary feeder schools of Washington, Cleveland, Montecito Union, Franklin, Cold Springs, Peabody, and Roosevelt make up the population of 840 students. Santa Barbara Junior High is committed to promoting opportunities for academic excellence and developing personal and civic responsibility in a safe, tolerant and caring environment.
- Santa Barbara High SchoolSex, Drugs & House Music, 1993 - 1997Welcome to Santa Barbara High School, an incredible California landmark. Our beautiful school is the culmination of all the great things in the city of Santa Barbara. Our 130-year history allows us to see how pioneers in aviation engineering, economics, theater, athletics, and service to our community came to be. We met the 20th century’s needs by providing our nation with great thinkers and community supporters, we enter the 21st century with high hopes and big dreams for the youth and the potential they possess . We celebrate the scholarship, diversity, and community service our students achieve every day, and we foster the spirit of ingenuity that our ever-changing world requires of its new leaders.
- Santa Barbara City CollegeBusiness Adminstration & Psychology, 1997 - 2003Santa Barbara City College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges (ACCJC) of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges, 10 Commercial Blvd., Suite 204, Novato, CA 94949 (415) 506-0234 an institutional accrediting body recognized by the Commission on Recognition of Postsecondary Accreditation and the U.S. Department of Education. In 2010, the ACCJC reaffirmed the College's accreditation. In 2012, the Commission placed the college on warning status for governance related issues. This action is only related to this area of performance and not to the college's exemplary academic and student support programs. The college retains its accreditation status during this period.
- University of California, Santa BarbaraItalian Cultural Studies, 2003 - 2005Home to 5 Noble laureates and 11 national institutes and centers, our campus combines breathtaking natural beauty with immense intellectual vitality.
- Aikido of Santa BarbaraAikido USAF, 2000 - 2007Aikido of Santa Barbara teaches a non-competitive, non-combative physical art that places emphasis on non-violent resolution, tolerance of others, and overall social harmony. ASB mission is to enhance the physical, mental, and spiritual health of youth and families by cultivating their minds and bodies through the knowledge and practice of the traditional Japanese art of Aikido.
- The Cultural SchoolAikido with Ki, 2009 - 2011The goal of Aikido with Ki training is not to fight, but to live in peace and make this planet a better place. It is based on nature's laws, where right is might, and emphasizes love, harmony, and a positive attitude. Neither size, weight, nor sex have anything to do with the execution of powerful Aikido. Ota Sensei emphasizes the art of Falling (Ukemi) with graceful, yet powerful defense techniques. Many of his students have advanced to high ranking black belts, including Steven Ota and William Buckner.
Best Advice: This Poem Tells You Everything You Need to Live
This post is part of a series in which LinkedIn Influencers share the best advice they've ever received. Read all the posts here.The best ad
CustomMade is an online marketplace connecting customers who want one-of-a-kind creations with professional and passionate Makers of those g
The World's Largest Poetry Site - Discussion & Poem Contests
Poetry published by over 400,000 amateur and expert poets in the world's largest poetry website. Browse, publish, and get critical feedback
Brammo's High-Performance Electric Motorcycle Gets an Upgrade for 2014
Brammo did for electric motorcycles what Tesla did for electric cars, and created a piece of high performance technology that's environmenta
The Ground Breaking Mathematics That Proves Free Energy Is Possible Has ...
It has been said that the ability to prove that free energy is possible is non-existent because it defies various physical laws. But what if
These Fascinating Maps Show The Origin Of Words We Use All The Time
U.S. playwright Rita Mae Brown said: "Language...
10 Unusual Ways to Release Oxytocin Into Your Life
I disgust myself. When I was six I used to make fun of one kid for being heavier than me. When I was seven I made fun of a kid for being Chi
‘Get lucky’ con l’arpa: così Anna conquista la Rete
La hit dei Daft Punk è stata rilanciata in mille modi, ma la performance con l'arpa della giovane musicista Anna McLuckie al talent show The