Hat #3: TOOLS
Social Media Managers wear many hats. In our case, we wear 7 every day, and many more whenever it’s needed.
There are many factors to take into account such as image management, #content distribution, #automation automation, online conversations, public relations, #monitoring, and much, much more.
We rely on key tools to effectively provide us with essential information that we can use to your advantage on a day-to-day basis.
Hat #1: INSIGHTS
First things first: perform a daily overall check.
Everything we do online leaves a footprint and we use that to measure performance, assess and take action!
What do we need to change in a strategy? What channels are working better so we can focus our attention on them? What needs to be improved in terms of communication?
Hat #4: CREATE
The days of delivering plain advertisement are now long gone.
#Content #Marketing and Story Telling have become key players for building online long-term relationships.
Telling stories that people can relate to while featuring what a brand is all about, can make an audience experience a feeling of bonding.
Hat #2: ENGAGEMENT
Commenting is good. Replying to comments is even better!
Having a presence on social media requires time and dedication, not only for promoting our own content but also encouraging and supporting others too.
Nowadays we can establish online relationships with people and brands, so stepping into the conversation is a great way to broaden our possibilities towards #Branding awareness.
- UnedTechnical Competencies for Community Managers, 2014 - 2014HTML, Content Management Systems (CMS), SEO optimization (blogs & websites), Google Analytics, Google Webmaster Tools, Flickr, Adobe Photoshop CC, Adobe Premier Pro CC Digital Video & Multimedia Marketing
- UnedCommunity Management, 2012 - 2013Social Media Marketing, Community Management, Reports and analytics, Monitoring, SMO, SMM, Digital marketing, Media Plan & KPIs
- Camara Oficial de Comercio e Industria de MadridNew techniques and tools for SEO (Workshop), 2013 - 2013Search Engine Optimization, Google positioning strategy, Social Media Optimization, Google Webmaster Tools, Google Analytics, Google AdWords & Remarketing
- Polytechnic University (Bogota, Colombia)Marketing & Advertising, 1992 - 1996
- Taller 5Graphic Design, 1994 - 1995
Co-Founder Partner at www.brieffin.com
21 years of professional experiences have taught me, well, 21 years of lessons. I have been working with lots of people from every corner of the world and building great relationships.
During the last 6 years, I’ve been working as a social media manager and branding strategist, creating social media campaigns on an international basis. Being an active networker on social platforms, implementing social strategies and developing online public relations, is a fun way to make a living and what I enjoy the most are the amazing opportunities that online communication brings.
I am a marketer and it’s true that “marketing will always be marketing” and that social media will never replace it, but it will always enhance it. Now we are able to be personally and actively involved in this marketing world, and this has changed marketing forever.
Honest communication, creativity to develop, adaptation to situations, flexibility and acknowledging people’s needs, and making strategic action plans to achieve a goal, are the five key components that I always incorporate in my day to day life as a person, and as a devoted social branding strategist, marketer, manager, networker and blogger.
Things can only get better: making social branding thoughtfully and strategically.
- Brieffin ConsultingCo-Founder & Partner, 2015 - present
- Samy Arman | DPhil. Holistic Health Therapist & Life Coach | SpeakerSocial Branding | Social Media Strategist, 2015 - 2015
- MGR Consulting GroupProject Coordinator | Social Media Manager | Blogger, 2014 - 2015
- Loesche GroupSocial Media Manager | Social Branding, 2009 - 2015