"Attorney General Leslie Caldwell likened the computers of botnet victims to a crime scene -- that authorities need access to.
Unlike a regular warrant for search, in which the homeowner is notified by authorities before they enter and search the premises, targets under Rule 41 are notified only after they've been hacked and searched.
Imagine the FBI breaks into and enters your house in order to find out who you are, to tell you that your house was burgled. And after, it's like oh, here's the paperwork that gave us permission to burgle you in the first place."
Invent a drink that befits the name "Little Black Dress" and win five of my e-books (erotica collections). Plus, the drink will be featured in my next anthology -- which is all about "unicorns" (slang term for girls who are into couples). Runners-up get an early copy of the book in DRM-free .epub and .pdf :D
Your support means I can do everything from work on my next book, to being able to give talks about digital privacy to different companies, schools, and organizations. It's everything. Thank you.
The report, from the office of California Attorney General Kamala Harris, states that failing to implement the SANS Top 20 now constitutes a lack of "breach litigation seeks to define, where liability is doled out by determining whether or not the victim company had practiced "reasonable security."
Something missing after "constitutes a lack of"?
One of the best practices to typography on the web is to use relative units like rem and em.
The question is, which should you use? There’s been a longstanding debate between rem supporters and em supporters, believing that you should use one over the other...
Pretty good intro article.
"Superstar sex writer - Violet Blue."
"Helpful, hip, wise and savvy"
"Violet Blue is omnipresent on the Web."
"A connsumate expert, a gentle guide, and the most gorgeous companion."
"America's leading (very) public intellectual sexologist, Violet Blue."
-The Institute for Ethics and Emerging Technologies
"Violet Blue is the leading sex educator for the Internet generation."
- Best Sex Educators 2013, San Francisco Weekly
- Silver Medal Book Award 2011, Second Place - Sexuality/Relationships, Independent Publisher Book Awards, All National Categories (The Ultimate Guide to Cunnilingus 2nd. Ed.)
- My self-published book "Fetish Sex" is #5 bestseller on Amazon (Human Sexuality; December 30, 2011)
- The 40 Bloggers Who Really Matter (London Times, 2010)
- Sex Writer of the Year (Examiner.com, 2009/2010)
- Gold Medal Book Award 2010, First Place - Erotica, Independent Publisher Book Awards, All National Categories (Sweet Love, 2010)
- Named The Best Violet Blue (San Francisco Bay Guardian, 2010)
- Best Sex Blog / Best Sex Blogger (San Francisco Weekly, 2010)
- My book "Lust" is #1 bestseller on Amazon (Erotica; July 20, 2009)
- Best Online Sex Resource for Women (Self Magazine, 2009)
- Best Sex Writer (San Francisco Guardian, 2009 Reader's Poll)
- Playboy's Hottest Female Bloggers (2008)
- Wired's 25 Faces Of Innovation (2008)
- Bronze Medal Book Award, Third Place 2007, - Sexuality/Relationships, Independent Publisher Book Awards, All National Categories (The Smart Girl’s Guide to Porn)
- Gold Medal Book Award, First Place 2007- Erotica, Independent Publisher Book Awards, All National Categories (Best Women’s Erotica)
- Forbes Web Celeb 25 (2007)
- Gold Medal Book Award 2006, First Place - Erotica, Independent Publisher Book Awards, All National Categories (Best Women’s Erotica)
- The Ten Sexiest Geeks (Wired Magazine, 2005)
Violet Blue (tinynibbles.com) is regarded as the foremost sexuality and tech expert and sex-positive pundit in mainstream media (such as The Oprah Winfrey Show, CNN, Attack of The Show).
Violet's books have won many awards. Her book "The Smart Girl's Guide to Porn" is excerpted on The Oprah Winfrey website. Blue connected with an audience of over 4 million readers a month with her SF Chronicle column "Open Source Sex".
Forbes and Oprah Winfrey have both called her podcast (Open Source Sex) "One of the Internet's most popular podcasts." Blue titled her podcast "Open Source Sex" for the intersection of technology and sex, and the free-flowing information exchange of the open source software movement.
Blue is a freelance contributing writer for outlets such as CNN, Forbes, O: The Oprah Magazine, MacLife, and UN sponsored health organization, RH Reality Check. She is regularly cited in print outlets ranging from Wired UK's "Experts Predict The Future" feature to David Levy's book "Love + Sex With Robots." Violet Blue was the sex expert and is featured across two chapters in Tim Ferriss' book "The Four-Hour Body."
Violet lectures about Internet sexuality to cyberlaw classes at UC Berkeley (Boalt; Samuelson Law Clinic), colleges and community teaching institutions, human sexuality programs at UCSF, tech conferences (ETech, LeWeb, Gnomedex and SXSWi), and also volunteers as an advisor and instructor about sexual health to sex crisis counselors.
Oft-quoted and sourced, Violet has been a published writer in the field of sex, technology and these cultures since 1998. She has presented two Google Tech Talks at Google, Inc.
- 1998 Filth Magazine (Feature)
- 1998-2005 Senior Copywriter, Good Vibrations (Print and Web)
- 1999 Gothic Net Magazine (Feature)
- 1999-2000 Columnist/Editor, Necromantic Magazine
- 1999-2005 Columnist/Founding Editor, Good Vibes Magazine
- 2007 O: The Oprah Magazine (Feature)
- 2008 Forbes (Feature)
- 2010 MacLife (Feature)
- 2010 Maclife (Feature)
- 2010 Bizarre Magazine (Feature)
- 2010 Bizarre Magazine (Feature)
- 2000 RH Reality Check (Feature)
- 2007-2010 Columnist San Francisco Chronicle
- 2010 Contributor: Read Write Web
- 2010-present Contributing Editor, Columnist CBS Interactive's ZDNet - Pulp Tech
- 2011 Lotus Magazine (Feature)
- 2011-present CBS News contributor, journalist
- 2012-present CNET contributor, journalist
- 2012-present Zero Day contributor, journalist
- 2002 Ultimate Guide: Cunnilingus
- 2002 Ultimate Guide: Fellatio
- 2003 Ultimate Guide: Adult Videos
- 2003 Adventurous Couple’s Guide: Sex Toys
- 2004 Ultimate Guide: Sexual Fantasy
- 2005 Smart Girl’s Guide to Porn
- 2006 Fetish Sex: An Erotic Guide for Couples
- 2007 Smart Girl’s Guide to the G-Spot
- 2007 Adventurous Couple’s Guide: Strap-On Sex
- 2010 Seal It With A Kiss
- 2010 (Revised) Ultimate Guide to Cunnilingus (with Margaret Cho)
- 2010 (Revised) Ultimate Guide to Fellatio (with Mary Roach)
- 2011 Total Flirt
- 2011 (Revised) Fetish Sex: A Complete Guide
- 2012 (Revised) Smart Girl's Guide to the G-Spot (with Jesse Bering)
- 2000 Sweet Life
- 2003 Sweet Life 2
- 2004 Taboo
- 2005 Best Sex Writing
- 2006 Best Women’s Erotica
- 2006 Lips Like Sugar
- 2007 Best Women’s Erotica
- 2007 Lust
- 2008 Best Women’s Erotica
- 2009 Best Women’s Erotica
- 2009 Girls On Top
- 2010 Best Women’s Erotica
- 2010 Best of the Best Women's Erotica
- 2010 Just Watch Me
- 2010 Sweet Love
- 2011 Best Women's Erotica
- 2011 Sweet Danger
- 2011 Best Women's Erotica 2012
- 2012 One Night Only: Erotic Encounters
- 2013 Best Women's Erotica 2013
- 2013 Voracious: Erotica for Women
- 2004 Naughty Spanking Stories from A to Z, edited by Rachel Kramer Bussell (essay)
- 2005 Naked Ambition edited by Carly Milne, (essay)
- 2005 Everything You Know About Sex is Wrong, edited by Russ Kick (essay)
- 2005 Whipped, edited by Carol Queen (short story: fiction)
- 2006 She’s Such A Geek, edited by Annalee Newitz and Charlie Jane Anders (essay)
- 2008 Best Sex Writing, edited by Rachel Kramer Bussel (essay)
- 2008 101 Sexy Dares authored by Laura Corn (contributed text)
- 2009 Pr0nnovation?: Pornography and Technological Innovation: Monochrom's Arse Elektronika Anthology, edited by Thomas Ballhausen, Johannes Grenzfurthner, Daniel Fabry and Gunther Friesinger (essay)
- 2009 Best Sex Writing, edited by Rachel Kramer Bussel (essay)
- 2010 Do Androids Sleep with Electric Sheep?: Monochrom's Arse Elektronika Anthology, by Thomas Ballhausen, Johannes Grenzfurthner (essay)
- 2010 Best Sex Writing, edited by Rachel Kramer Bussel (essay)
- 2012 "69" (Tyler, editor)
- 2012 Of Intercourse and Intracourse: Sexuality, Biomodification and the Techno-Social Sphere, edited by Johannes Grenzfurthner, Gunther Friesinger, Daniel Fabry (essay)
- 2007 Creatures of the Night
- 2007 Erotic Role Play
- 2008 Open Source Sex Ed
- 2008 Sweet Heat
- 2008 The Modern Safer Sex Guide
- 2008 How to Kiss
- 2012 Fetish Sex: A Complete Guide to Sexual Fetishes
Sunday Sex Reads: AdultFriendFinder breach, Ex Machina, libertarian porn...
Meet indie erotica's perfect couple: Filthy Housewives and Bisexual Husbands. Two of Britain's top creatives have teamed up to make one of t
Carlo Mollino’s private Polaroids | Violet Blue ® :: Open Source Sex
Carlo Mollino (1905-1973) was an architect, designer, photographer and writer, not to mention a race-car driver and a pilot. His buildings i
Sex News: 50 Shades of Black, 2257 a bit unconstitutional, Instagram’s b...
Got indies? Meet indie erotica's perfect couple: Filthy Housewives and Bisexual Husbands. On the 27th of April, The Singing Sailor Underwate
Kink Your Kindle: A sci-fi space opera, paranormal horror, hot crime noi...
This edition of Kink Your Kindle features some absolute showstoppers in the world of new erotic fiction -- and the fiction genre, period. I'
Weekend Sex Reads: Pentesting IoT sex toys, #opDeathEaters, demystifying...
Use Privacy Stickers to cover your laptop, PC, and tablet webcam -- get more online self-defense techniques in my book, The Smart Girl's Gui
Sex News: Sharknado does 50 Shades, Anita Ekberg, GitHub targeted by Big...
Check out my new indie books, Filthy Housewives and December's Holiday Kink (Amazon) Asylum, the company best-known for combining sharks and
How to get a free copy of my next book, Filthy Housewives | Violet Blue ...
My next erotica collection Filthy Housewives ($3.89) is an anthology of seven written-to-order stories, and all profits are split with the a
Orgasmatronics: ‘Less pants, more science’ | Violet Blue ® :: Open Sourc...
Indie sex toy company Orgasmatronics knows that sex toys from the future, sent from a mad scientist's lab, are the best sex toys. It has a t
This weekend: Final days to fund Oh Joy, Sex Toy, The Book | Violet Blue...
If you're unfamiliar with Erika Moen's comics - Oh Joy, Sex Toy - then you should really drop everything and see why her comics have attaine
Sex News: Google AdWords sex crackdown, Agender, sex crimes and dolphin ...
A recent e-mail from the Google AdWords Team to advertisers employing its popular service for getting visitors to websites, warns of upcomin
Sex News: the battle for dot-gay, Apple’s female trouble, 3D printer dil...
Life is beautiful: The Outdoor Co-ed Topless Pulp Fiction Appreciation S...
I discovered The Outdoor Co-ed Topless Pulp Fiction Appreciation Society while making my regular stop over at Unscathed Corpse, and quickly
Sex News: Scarlett Johansson, 50 Shades lawsuit, sex worker opsec | Viol...
Image via This Week's Cover: 'Masters of Sex'. File under Fifty Shades of Shady. Jennifer Lynn Pedroza and Christa Beebe claim in court that
Sex News: Sin City 2 poster, Somaly Mam ousted, slut discourse, sex crim...
Image via Sin City sequel poster with Eva Green deemed too risqué by US censor Daily Beast -- several years late to the conversation, and on
Sex News: The Elliot Rodger PUA murders and #YesAllWomen, Oculus Rift po...
Because Facebook won't take down the "Elliot Rodger is a Hero" page. Get your shit together, @facebook. #YesAllWomen
Privacy Basics In the Era of Facebook and Revenge Porn
By Violet BlueGoogle’s Eric Schmidt once said, “If you have something you don’t want anyone to know, then maybe you shouldn’t be doing it in
As SF Pride 2012 Begins, Silicon Valley Fails The AIDS Memorial Quilt: N...
Here in the heart of tech and location of the world's newest millionaires, on the eve of San Francisco's 2012 celebration of gay Pride, the