I'm very glad to announce the launch of ANTIFRAGILE'16 , the 3rd Int.l Workshop on Computational Antifragility and Antifragile Engineering. Madrid, Spain, May 23-26, 2016 More information will be made available through the ANTIFRAGILE homepage, https://si...
- Catholic University of LeuvenPh.D. (Engineering), 1996 - 2000
- University of BariComputer Science, 1982 - 1987
- PhD (engineering) Catholic University of Leuven (Belgium, 2000; greatest distinction)
- Laurea in Scienze dell’Informazione (MSc, computer science) University of Bari (Italy, 1987; greatest distinction)
- 2013 IBM Faculty Award winner
- Researcher with the Performance Analysis of TelecommunicationSystems (PATS) research group of the University of Antwerp and the iMinds research institute.
- Responsible for PATS’ branch on Adaptive and dependable systems.
- Formely researcher for six years in Tecnopolis and Tecnopolis/SASIAM (School for Advanced Studies in Industrial and Applied Mathematics) where he served as a researcher, lecturer, and tutor, and took part into several projects on parallel computing and computer vision funded by the Italian National Research Council.
- Formerly researcher
for eight years and part-time professor for three years with the Catholic
University of Leuven (Belgium).
- CV: published about 100 reviewed research papers, 25 of which in international research journals, and the book “Application-layer fault-tolerance protocols”, edited by IGI Global
- Member of the program committee of several international conferences.
- Co-responsible of the course "Software Resilience" of University of Antwerp
- Co-chair of three editions of ADAMUS (the Workshop on Adaptive and DependAble Mobile and Ubiquitous Systems, http://www.adamus.ua.ac.be)
- Chair of ANTIFRAGILE, the International Workshop on Computational Antifragility and Antifragile Engineering.
- Editor-in-chief of the International Journal of Adaptive, Resilient and Autonomic Systems.
- Editor of the ERACLIOS blog (Elasticity, Resilience, Antifragility in CoLlective and Individual Objects and Systems)
- Twitter: @EnzoDeFlorio
- University of AntwerpPost-doctoral researcher, present
- University of Leuven
- Tecnopolis CSATA Novus Ortus
- School for Advanced Studies in Industrial and Applied Mathematics
- Buzz (current)
Una guida alla lettura delle “Noccioline di resilienza”
Ho pubblicato ad oggi 10 post in questa sorta di rubrica rappresentata dalle “Noccioline di resilienza”. E’ venuto il momento di mostrare il
Antifragility Webinars: Practice Beyond the Rhetoric! | Simplicity Itsel...
By Simplicity Itself Team. Register Below. In his book “Antifragile: Things That Gain from Disorder,”, Nassim Nicholas Taleb introduced the
SERENE 2014 Workshop: Paper "Enhancing Architecture Design Decisions …
SERENE 2014 - 6th International Workshop on Software Engineering for Resilient Systems http://serene.disim.univaq.it/ Session 1: Design of R
SERENE 2014 Workshop: Panel on "Views on Runtime Resilience Assessmen…
SERENE 2014 - 6th International Workshop on Software Engineering for Resilient Systems http://serene.disim.univaq.it/ Panel: Views on Runtim
SERENE 2014 Workshop: Paper "Verification and Validation of a Pressur…
SERENE 2014 - 6th International Workshop on Software Engineering for Resilient Systems http://serene.disim.univaq.it/ Session 3: Verificatio
Snowflake-shaped networks are easiest to mend - tech - 03 October 2014 -...
Power grids and other networks with the branching quality of snowflakes are easiest to fix when damaged links can't simply be restored in th
Parte l'avventura di Hierarchy Group: online il primo sito dedicato alla...
Negli ultimi decenni si sono registrati enormi progressi in numerosi settori della biologia, dall'individuazione delle basi molecolari dello
Nice and Complex | The Good, the Bad, and Chaos in Children’s Card Games
Photo by Cassius Coolidge. As I am writing this, I have a Skype interview early in the morning for the job that, out of all those I've appli
Elasticity, Resilience, Antifragility in CoLlective and Individual Objec...
"What system is the most resilient": it probably sounds like a silly question, but before jumping to conclusions I invite you to consider a
Hoeyberghs: "Door kinderen naar school te sturen, vinden ze later géén job"
De excentrieke plastische chirurg Jeff Hoeyberghs moeit zich in het onderwijsdebat. Zijn driejarig zoontje Louis hoeft wat hem betreft niet