#search #measure #analytics
"Yesterday we reported that Google added compare option for search analytics queries but it is more than that. As Jennifer Slegg noticed and posted on Twitter they also added it across the Search Analytics across Queries, Pages, Countries, Devices & Search Types within the report."
- iProspect NetherlandsSenior SEO & Content Marketing Consultant, 2014 - presentEmployed by iProspect Netherlands in Amsterdam, I support our clients with progressive SEO and Content Marketing solutions. Optimizing technical aspects, linkprofiles and content marketing to grow traffic, conversion; bottom end results! Semantic Search evangelist with a holistic approach to SEO and CM. From strategy to implementation, enhancing digital performance. Working with major company's and brands in a wide array of industries like finance, travel, retail and automotive, helping them outperform. iProspect is a global, award-winning marketing agency that drives digital performance for many of the world’s largest brands. A trusted partner with an in-depth understanding of consumer behavior, iProspect reshapes brand strategies to meet the fast-paced demands of the convergent world with a focus on exceeding the client’s business objectives. iProspect delivers personal, adaptive and valuable digital experiences utilizing proprietary solutions including: paid and natural search, content generation, data & insights, social media management, structured data and feeds, performance display, mobile strategy, video, conversion optimization and affiliates.
- Daarom.comOnline marketeer, 2000 - 2014Providing state of the art SEO and SEA consultancy, with strong knowledge and experience in current and Semantic Search. Advising, implementing, optimizing branding and content marketing strategies with a performance driven approach. Within the semantic web, content, connections and social media play an essential role. Based on marketing and branding, I supply technology, content and conversion strategies. From data density creation on semantic web technology, to remarketing on social media, from technical SEO to link profiling. A holistic online marketing approach flows trough each campaign. Building responsive websites and webshops and optimizing them for conversion. Analyzing data through web analytics and A/B testing solutions complete the available services. Supporting clients to achieve their short-term goals, enabling them to have long-term success.
- Concorde Group BVOnline marketeer, 2013 - 2014Growing turnover and profitability through online marketing, being responsible for all consumer and SMB focused web shops. Improving ROI through both margin and efficiency optimization. Growing profits through branding and communications and cutting costs by optimizing business processes. Restructuring propositions. Reorganizing brand portfolio, strengthening existing brand identities and developing a completely new brand from identity to visual design. Managing complete eCommerce overhaul, leading local and offshore development teams to build new SEO and conversion optimized, responsive design, WordPress based web shops. Incorporating the latest semantic search technologies and focusing on conversion through concise design, usability and functionality. Supporting the it team replacing the back office ERP/CRM system, connecting the new web shops to the back office through innovative Soap API's. Setting up, managing and executing the content calendar and sometimes writing copy myself for the blog, social networks and text ads in Dutch and English. Restructuring SEA, Adwords and social advertising. Activating a new email marketing system, with responsive email templates, proper list management and performance insights. Growing reach and engagement on social networks like Google+, Facebook, Twitter and the likes. Implementing a new affiliate system and activating affiliate marketing to further expand reach and combined turnover. Implementing eCommerce centered Google Analytics. Automating the process of retrieving and presenting management information through smart dashboards and reports. Further optimizing online efforts for conversion and profitability.
- Vliegerop BVPart time Marketing Manager, 2010 - 2012Responsible for all marketing communications, leading, managing, developing and motivating the marketing department consisting of 2 marketing assistants and several freelancers. Managing the global 'Peter Lynn' brand, from development to implementation. Providing support and content to local teams. Leading the development of the company's media strategy. Managing the media campaigns and day-to-day activities including content creation, SEO and online advertisement. Leveraging engagement and conversion for the website and across the social media profiles. Monitoring trends in new and social media, developing innovative ideas, implementing, analyzing and optimizing them to support and develop commercial opportunities. This all part time to cater for growing my online marketing company Daarom.com.
- Het WatersportverbondPart time Coordinator opleidingen, 2008 - 2010Managing the complete overhaul of the instructor and trainer educational system to the NOC*NSF and VWS developed competence driven educational system. Product management of instructor and trainer courses for kitesurfing, windsufing and sailing disciplines. Working together with freelancers and volunteers to develop course materials, artwork and content. Developing online solutions for student progression tracking and support. Responsible for promotion of courses and training program's.
- Het WatersportverbondPart time Coordinator surfsporten, 2003 - 2008Productmanagement of all surfsports related products and services. Developing programs to attract newcomers to the sport, grow general event and competition participation, support professional athletes, surfclubs, volunteers and other stakeholders. Developing and implementing communication strategy, including the development of targeted websites like 'ikwilsurfen.nl' and 'regiocup.nl' for introduction and competition specific promotions.
- Kiteboard Open - KSNFounder & Organizer, 2005 - 2007Founder and organizer of the biggest European kiteboard event Kiteboard Open or KBO. Developing a completely new concept for kiteboard/beach lifestyle events, implementing a strong brand driven marketing and communications strategy. Making the difference by expanding the available 'wind or no wind' activities, a persuasive presentation and dedicated online marketing. A unique, durable approach that will ensure KBO to be the most appreciated event in kiteboarding for years to come.
- Telegraaf Media GroepMedia adviseur Autotelegraaf, 2002 - 2003Consultative selling of the new 'AutoTelegraaf.nl' advertising solutions. Selling advertising packages for the completely renewed Autotelegraaf.nl automotive classifieds online platform. Focussing mainly on the new online advertising solutions, later expanding with print, magazine and teletext advertising solutions. Guiding customers in optimizing their online presence for maximum efficiency.
- Serpent Model Racing CarsMarketing Manager, 1998 - 2002Responsible and accountable for designing and implementing the marketing plans to drive revenue and profitability. Create and execute marketing communication strategy from brand development to creative and content development and implementation. Managing the marketing department consisting of a graphic designer and a marketing/PR assistant. Marketing communications of the global Serpent Motorsports brand focused on online marketing. Amongst which the development of a cutting edge multilingual online social network / community website. Built on the Microsoft .ASP and Exchange messaging platform. Managing the offshore (Czech) development team.
Hi, my name is Vincent Velema, born and raised in Noordwijk, the Netherlands.
From being a marketeer with a strong branding background, I have developed myself as an online marketing expert, that hasn't lost touch with branding and general marketing strategy. Building brands, tightening relationships with target audiences, attracting new business and improving bottom end results.
In my network I always find the right professional, at the right time, to get a job done. Entrepreneurial, as an employee, independently, or leading a team to outperform.
In my spare time I like to kitesurf, windsurf, surf and sup, depending on the conditions. I like to travel the world and I am interested in philosophy. I overspend on the latest gadgets ;) and like photography. Feel free to circle me and get in touch. Let's share our passion.
Google Article Rich Snippets Guide Updated for Accelerated Mobile Pages
Google's guidelines for article rich snippets have been substantially expanded just as Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) are about to debut.
Customer Journey Maps: How Experience Mapping Reveals Invaluable Insights
Journey maps tell the story of customers' experience with your brand: from initial contact, through engagement, and into a long-term relatio
How Search Works - The Story – Inside Search – Google
Search starts with the web. It's made up of over 60 trillion individual pages and it's constantly growing. Google navigates the web by crawl
Official Google Webmaster Central Blog: Using markup for organization logos
Webmaster level: all. Today, we're launching support for the schema.org markup for organization logos, a way to connect your site with an ic
Official Google Webmaster Central Blog: Surfacing your business's contac...
Tuesday, April 08, 2014 at 1:29 AM. Webmaster level: All. Every day, searchers use Google to find information about businesses. Common queri
One Thing Productive People Do Before Reaching for their Phones
In a recent study reported in TIME magazine, people check their phone on average 110 times a day. Some people checked it as much as 900 time