Shocking, but... competition is good :) I see greater things come to vanilla Android! Nexus ftw. Read all about Microsofts move:
What's next so.cl picking up steam? I mean Nokia running Cyanogen's Android OS? :o)
#Microsoft #Android #Bing
Some more/better pictures here https://www.idunafotografie.nl/portfolio/bollenstreek/
#netherlands #bollenstreek #noordwijk
Friendly reminder for all you Semantic SEO's that would like to add their latest entities to , only a few more days before Freebase closes it's doors and becomes read only. So if you have some entities you wanted to add, here's your last change.
After that will be the center of the semantic web. Stay up to date on this development at the excellent Semantic Search community here at G+
I'm gonna go out on a limb for a moment and ask a cheeky question:
Is any of you willing and able to help me build a visual graph tool?
This question might seem strange as only last week I wrote a bookmarklet for the RDF2SVG tool by - which is wonderful in it's own right - but which just doesn't cut it for me.
I ran a few pages from my case study through the tool and my monitor sort of exploded because of the amount of markup those pages contain. And even after having zoomed Chrome out until it wouldn't zoom out any further the graph still would fit onscreen (and it became unreadable).
Now I've been walking around with some ideas on how a tool like that should work for a quite long time already but unfortunately I lack the programming skills to build such a tool myself. Therefore I am looking folks who are willing and able to build one with me, which the way I see it, will mostly involve D3.js and JSON.
And in case you're wondering, I'm not out to only benefit myself as the idea also involves open-sourcing the project. So helping me out implies you'll (hopefully) be helping out many.
Mobile takes center stage as Google's Mobile algorithm update will be released April 21st. Here on #plusonly Google+ setup a couple of interesting Hangouts so you know what to optimize to get your site ready for mobile users and top rankings!
#seo #mobileSEO #rankingfactor
Join us for a 4-part web series on making great mobile sites for your small and medium businesses. Learn the correct configurations, go-to tools and optimization strategies to make a big impact on both your customers and search engines. Invite your company's web developers, webmasters, decision-makers and marketers. We'll see you soon!
1. Learn the tools: PageSpeed Insights, Mobile-Friendly Test and Mobile-Usability
2. Bring it in: Viewports, zoom and plugins
3. Focus on the user: Tap targets, margins and font sizes
4. Set it right: Redirects and canonicals
The new World Cup season turned upside down, new Rules & Sponsors. Starting today the new VKWC introducing a better live stream, wider platform and new real big sponsor.
The 5 BIG changes http://www.kitefinder.com/en/kites/blog/1467/world-tour-pkra-changed-in-vkwc
Dakhla Kiteboarding Worldcup 2015
#PKRA #VKWC #karolinawinkowska #kitesurfing #freestyle
Hi, my name is Vincent Velema, born and raised in Noordwijk, the Netherlands.
From being a marketeer with a strong branding background, I have developed myself as an online marketing expert, that hasn't lost touch with branding and general marketing strategy. Building brands, tightening relationships with target audiences, attracting new business and improving bottom end results.
In my network I always find the right professional, at the right time, to get a job done. Entrepreneurial, as an employee, independently, or leading a team to outperform.
In my spare time I like to kitesurf, windsurf, surf and sup, depending on the conditions. I like to travel the world and I am interested in philosophy. I overspend on the latest gadgets ;) and like photography. Feel free to circle me and get in touch. Let's share our passion.
- iProspect NetherlandsSenior SEO & Content Marketing Consultant, 2014 - presentEmployed by iProspect Netherlands in Amsterdam, I support our clients with progressive SEO and Content Marketing solutions. Optimizing technical aspects, linkprofiles and content marketing to grow traffic, conversion; bottom end results! Semantic Search evangelist with a holistic approach to SEO and CM. From strategy to implementation, enhancing digital performance. Working with major company's and brands in a wide array of industries like finance, travel, retail and automotive, helping them outperform. iProspect is a global, award-winning marketing agency that drives digital performance for many of the world’s largest brands. A trusted partner with an in-depth understanding of consumer behavior, iProspect reshapes brand strategies to meet the fast-paced demands of the convergent world with a focus on exceeding the client’s business objectives. iProspect delivers personal, adaptive and valuable digital experiences utilizing proprietary solutions including: paid and natural search, content generation, data & insights, social media management, structured data and feeds, performance display, mobile strategy, video, conversion optimization and affiliates.
- Daarom.comOnline marketeer, 2000 - 2014Providing state of the art SEO and SEA consultancy, with strong knowledge and experience in current and Semantic Search. Advising, implementing, optimizing branding and content marketing strategies with a performance driven approach. Within the semantic web, content, connections and social media play an essential role. Based on marketing and branding, I supply technology, content and conversion strategies. From data density creation on semantic web technology, to remarketing on social media, from technical SEO to link profiling. A holistic online marketing approach flows trough each campaign. Building responsive websites and webshops and optimizing them for conversion. Analyzing data through web analytics and A/B testing solutions complete the available services. Supporting clients to achieve their short-term goals, enabling them to have long-term success.
- Concorde Group BVOnline marketeer, 2013 - 2014Growing turnover and profitability through online marketing, being responsible for all consumer and SMB focused web shops. Improving ROI through both margin and efficiency optimization. Growing profits through branding and communications and cutting costs by optimizing business processes. Restructuring propositions. Reorganizing brand portfolio, strengthening existing brand identities and developing a completely new brand from identity to visual design. Managing complete eCommerce overhaul, leading local and offshore development teams to build new SEO and conversion optimized, responsive design, WordPress based web shops. Incorporating the latest semantic search technologies and focusing on conversion through concise design, usability and functionality. Supporting the it team replacing the back office ERP/CRM system, connecting the new web shops to the back office through innovative Soap API's. Setting up, managing and executing the content calendar and sometimes writing copy myself for the blog, social networks and text ads in Dutch and English. Restructuring SEA, Adwords and social advertising. Activating a new email marketing system, with responsive email templates, proper list management and performance insights. Growing reach and engagement on social networks like Google+, Facebook, Twitter and the likes. Implementing a new affiliate system and activating affiliate marketing to further expand reach and combined turnover. Implementing eCommerce centered Google Analytics. Automating the process of retrieving and presenting management information through smart dashboards and reports. Further optimizing online efforts for conversion and profitability.
- Vliegerop BVPart time Marketing Manager, 2010 - 2012Responsible for all marketing communications, leading, managing, developing and motivating the marketing department consisting of 2 marketing assistants and several freelancers. Managing the global 'Peter Lynn' brand, from development to implementation. Providing support and content to local teams. Leading the development of the company's media strategy. Managing the media campaigns and day-to-day activities including content creation, SEO and online advertisement. Leveraging engagement and conversion for the website and across the social media profiles. Monitoring trends in new and social media, developing innovative ideas, implementing, analyzing and optimizing them to support and develop commercial opportunities. This all part time to cater for growing my online marketing company Daarom.com.
- Het WatersportverbondPart time Coordinator opleidingen, 2008 - 2010Managing the complete overhaul of the instructor and trainer educational system to the NOC*NSF and VWS developed competence driven educational system. Product management of instructor and trainer courses for kitesurfing, windsufing and sailing disciplines. Working together with freelancers and volunteers to develop course materials, artwork and content. Developing online solutions for student progression tracking and support. Responsible for promotion of courses and training program's.
- Het WatersportverbondPart time Coordinator surfsporten, 2003 - 2008Productmanagement of all surfsports related products and services. Developing programs to attract newcomers to the sport, grow general event and competition participation, support professional athletes, surfclubs, volunteers and other stakeholders. Developing and implementing communication strategy, including the development of targeted websites like 'ikwilsurfen.nl' and 'regiocup.nl' for introduction and competition specific promotions.
- Kiteboard Open - KSNFounder & Organizer, 2005 - 2007Founder and organizer of the biggest European kiteboard event Kiteboard Open or KBO. Developing a completely new concept for kiteboard/beach lifestyle events, implementing a strong brand driven marketing and communications strategy. Making the difference by expanding the available 'wind or no wind' activities, a persuasive presentation and dedicated online marketing. A unique, durable approach that will ensure KBO to be the most appreciated event in kiteboarding for years to come.
- Telegraaf Media GroepMedia adviseur Autotelegraaf, 2002 - 2003Consultative selling of the new 'AutoTelegraaf.nl' advertising solutions. Selling advertising packages for the completely renewed Autotelegraaf.nl automotive classifieds online platform. Focussing mainly on the new online advertising solutions, later expanding with print, magazine and teletext advertising solutions. Guiding customers in optimizing their online presence for maximum efficiency.
- Serpent Model Racing CarsMarketing Manager, 1998 - 2002Responsible and accountable for designing and implementing the marketing plans to drive revenue and profitability. Create and execute marketing communication strategy from brand development to creative and content development and implementation. Managing the marketing department consisting of a graphic designer and a marketing/PR assistant. Marketing communications of the global Serpent Motorsports brand focused on online marketing. Amongst which the development of a cutting edge multilingual online social network / community website. Built on the Microsoft .ASP and Exchange messaging platform. Managing the offshore (Czech) development team.
How Search Works - The Story – Inside Search – Google
Search starts with the web. It's made up of over 60 trillion individual pages and it's constantly growing. Google navigates the web by crawl
Official Google Webmaster Central Blog: Using markup for organization logos
Webmaster level: all. Today, we're launching support for the schema.org markup for organization logos, a way to connect your site with an ic
Official Google Webmaster Central Blog: Surfacing your business's contac...
Tuesday, April 08, 2014 at 1:29 AM. Webmaster level: All. Every day, searchers use Google to find information about businesses. Common queri
One Thing Productive People Do Before Reaching for their Phones
In a recent study reported in TIME magazine, people check their phone on average 110 times a day. Some people checked it as much as 900 time