On The Other Hand, TerryLynn prevailed after several months of very hard work, building audience organically, supporting other promising artists, giving back to the community as much as she gained from it. And all of this WITHOUT the blessing of the holy "Staff Pick" accolade. Take a look at the leader board right this minute (6/25 at 11:20 EDT) and notice that two of the top three artists are Staff Picks.
People who know about SEO and the mechanisms of real crowd sourcing know that a single "official" endorsement is easily worth 1000 fans clicking away furiously to support their favorite artist. So whine away! This lady won her accolades fair and square - working her fingers to the bone to take home the prize.
Okay now, tell the truth. With all the passwords you have to manage just to do your job and stay in touch with friends and family, you cannot possibly have a separate password for every account you manage, can you? Some systems want you to have the password...
I would like very much to be able to migrate some of our organization's activity on Skype and WebEx over to use Google Hangouts. In some contexts it works very well. In others, not so much.
When I use a desktop browser to set up Google calendar invitations, it's an easy matter to provision a Hangouts call.
But from my Android mobile device, the calendar doesn't provide access to the Hangout call. In particular, if I want to log in from the desktop and use the Android phone for audio, I tend to have problems finding a ready link from the mobile device for the call I want to join. (It's possible that my calendar app on the phone is Samsung rather than stock Google Calendar app, I'll check that.)
But the point is, even with the Google Hangouts app, I have a very hard time finding the gestures that will allow me to join a hangout that I've sourced from my desktop or from the calendar.
We've got to do better than this. I really want to migrate a lot of the chaotic multi-platform traffic onto Google Apps for various reasons. But if my people have to struggle with getting set up or with reliably finding the call, then we're no better off than with Skype or WebEx.
#googlehangouts #userexperience #googleapps
Phone - Samsung Galaxy s6
OS - Android
Calendar event created from web calendar interface - using Chrome, and Google Calendar
It's pretty much all one-platform operation here.
Created meeting, provisioned a Hangout to go with the event.
On the phone, looking at the event in the calendar app - I see event title, time, location, reminder, and description fields. No field to join the hangout.
- Schoolhouse EarthManaging Director, presentOversee programs and staff. Create and manage alliances with other learning organizations and community leaders committed to excellence in education.
- xMatters IncTraining Manager, 2012 - 2013Curate, create, and deliver training material for customers and internal audiences.
- Sun MicrosystemsDeliver training for Java, Perl, Solaris Internals, and ad-hoc technology matters.
- CiscoDeliver training to internal engineering audiences.
- Meru Wireless NetworksDeliver training on installation, setup, and maintenance of high-density, high throughput wireless networks.
- Cable & WirelessPerform data analysis, develop software, train salesforce in the operation of customer-facing software products.
- VerityDeliver training to customers and internal audiences
- The Computer ClassroomDeliver training on Unix, networking, programming, and other IT infrastructure issues.
2015 STAGE: Chekhov Vaudeville Shorts. ART Plays Around. Friday Mar 20th...
Best out of virtual worlds. Potential of virtual worlds. Media, Education, Learning Games Collaboration Resources, Virtual meetings.
Parenting and Pregnancy Advice for Moms and Dads - HuffPost Parents
Get information about raising a child from pregnancy to high school graduation. Read personal stories, get expert parenting tips or share yo
HIdden Money Hoards Revealed...and Other Transparency News
You may have heard that a consortium of journalists, working on a cache of 2.5 million recently spilled files, has cracked open the secrets