- Erasmus UniversityFaculty, 2009 - presentI teach art. Predominantly introductory courses for general education.
- HalliburtonPerformance Artist, 2001 - 2008I was a choreographer on the large-scale opus "Dance of Destruction"
- Koninklijk ConservatoriumNew Media Studies, 1994 - 1998My BFA was in Choreography and I began my graduate studies at Koninklijk in the dance department. It wasn't the best fit. I was befriended by Louis Andriessen from music, without whom I'd probably never have finished. After a Summer 1996 visit to Miller Puckette at UCSD I moved from Dance to New Media where I received my MFA in 1998.
- Hong Kong Academy for Performing ArtsChoreography, 1988 - 1991HKAPA is an amazing school and Hong Kong is an incredible world city. I had traveled quite a bit with my mother's work in the past, but this was more of an away from home and on my own experience. The dance and choreography here was rigorous. I'm glad I had the one year with Kaprow before this. I think that really opened my perspective enormously. In physical terms I worked the hardest of my life at HKAPA and was in the best condition in my life. I think there was actually a moment when I had flawless technique. Yet it was really the "side projects" and experiments and photo adventures and performance installations that seemed to mean the most to me, that were the most creative for me, and ultimately have become the through-line of my life and work.
- University Of California San DiegoPerformance Art, 1987 - 1988I have known so many artists who possess such unrelenting confidence. Yet my life and work have always been defined by doubt. Of all the doubts and regrets there is none greater than having left UCSD after only one year. I was lucky enough to study with Allan Kaprow during that year and his ideas have, gradually over time, woven ever deeper into the core of my being. Perhaps the simplicity and honesty of Kaprow is something that must be worked on for a lifetime, and perhaps that year of "introduction" to "art & life" was enough. Still, I'll always wonder what work I might today be doing if I'd finished my baccalaureate at UCSD with Kaprow.
- St. Joseph's ConventGeneral Education, 1983 - 1987My mother was a diplomat in the Reagan Administration and I wound up spending the bulk of my high school years at St. Joseph's Convent in Castries, St. Lucia.
- I Rez Therefore I Am (current)
- Vanessa Blaylock (current)
- Vimeo (current)
- Virtual Public Art (current)
- Practice Based.Re/search (current)
- Practice Based.Re/cipes (current)
- PB.Re/act (current)
- Practice Based.Re/sources (current)
- Practice Based.Re/sonate (current)
- Vanessa Blaylock (current)
- Medici University (current)
- 1560 (current)
- Counterfactual Identities (current)
- Aunt Renie (current)
- Edie Pink (current)
- Edie's Farm (current)
- MOOC Magazine! (current)
- VB Diptychs (current)
- 艺术画廊薛台北 (current)
- Worlds Ninja (current)
Slow Journalism: Deep Storytelling in the Digital Age
The fast pace of the modern lifestyle has not only changed the way we send and receive information, but has transformed the way journalists
Tuesday Babble and Live Litterature hosted by Freda Frostbite
Efter några dagar i SL med otroligt mycket bild och musik kan det göra gott att ägna orden lite intresse. Det här är i voice och på engelska
When Apmelsprivatabankman picked up her own copy of the Card Deck with S...
Apmelsprivatabankman: hello everyone HOPE Leissa: Hello again all, Hello Apmel :) Rinzler Riot (rinzlerkitty): hello apmelsprivatebankman Em
Pussy Riot Seek Over $330,000 From Russia in ECHR Appeal
In their appeal to the European Court of Human Rights (ECHR) members of the punk group Pussy Riot demanded €250, 000 ($335,000) from Russia