I saved this from a trash bin following a recent data center move. It's an IBM Model M 1985, type 3192-G. Note the 3270 PF keys and other non-standard 101 keys. It probably weighs 20 lbs and is about 2 linear feet. The key presses make a nice solid 'clack'! :D
3 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 6 previous comments
- also, the PA1-3 keys have different functionality depending on the environment. I have only used PA1 in TSO to send an interrupt.
No clue on ExSel, and I think the extra PF20 might have been stolen from another keyboard!Mar 19, 2014
- Thanks. I still haven't gotten around to connecting the one I still have...Mar 19, 2014
- PF8 is scroll down by the way. Does PF20 perform the same action?Mar 19, 2014
- Yeah, PF19 is up and 20 is down. From what Haiduk has told me, that entire left side was usually made up of custom keys that programmers put there for specific tasks. So, the original person of your keyboard may have really needed PF20 for scrolling the page down.
go ahead with that, I'm totally okay with it.Mar 19, 2014
- Xah Lee+1thanks a lot! Solved a lot mysteries about those keys.Mar 19, 2014
- you could always tell when someone was working hard :DMar 23, 2014