Greater Baltimore Medical Center
Marketing Specialist, 2014 - present
From Summary: Providing project management of internal and external communications from conception to completion, including written content for publications, brochures, collateral, advertising, websites and other promotional pieces to support GBMC services and programs. Working with a wide range of internal clients to deliver clean, consistent messaging to internal and external audiences.
Roland Park Vision Services
Optometric Technician, 2013 - 2014
Running pre-screening tests including VEP and OCT (certified) scans of patient eyes for treatment of potential problems. Write glasses prescriptions for patients and customers.
Carrabba's Italian Grill
Waiter/Server, 2013 - 2013
• Experience serving in a major chain restaurant business, representing numerous restaurants under the Bloomin Brands name
• Memorize and present an ever-changing menu of foods and wines while passing updating menu tests
• Working with a team to help out wherever needed based on a culture of shared values
Red Brick Station
Waiter/Server, 2011 - 2012
• Worked and exceled with guest interaction and needs using public speaking skills
• Working under pressure for extended periods of times to satisfy numerous parties and satisfying their needs
• Memorized and interpreted a large, flexible food menu to satisfy customer’s needs.
MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center
PR Intern, 2012 - 2012
• Worked on helping to rebrand the hospital under the new MedStar corporate and incorporating it inside and outside of the hospital.
• Wrote web documents for news publications for both inside and outside media sources.
• Created presentations and documents that was used for presentations, flyers, and bulletins.
• Edited and updated projects using Mac-based software like InDesign.
Mercy Medical Center
Marketing Intern, 2010 - 2010
• Worked in Marketing and Public Relations Department building and writing articles that comprised the new Mary Catherine Bunting Center’s website, informing guests of new amenities and services offered.
• Checked blueprints and locations of signs located through Mercy’s new hospital for mistakes. – Precision and perfection was a necessity to the new hospital.
• Worked under strict time limits and deadlines to accomplish multiple tasks