The date of the 2014 Walk has changed to Sunday, October 26 and the location to Grant Park.
The new location provides lots of great walking paths (off the street) and a beautiful canopy of trees.
- Thrive! Meetings & EventsPresident & Chief connecting Officer, 2010 - presentBased in Atlanta, Thrive! Meetings & Events plans exceptional events that are smart, green, and delicious. We believe these core principles should be a part of every event and work in unison to deliver the biggest return on your investment. Founded in 2010, Thrive! produces live marketing opportunities through meetings and events that enhance an organization’s brand, culture, and financial wellness; utilize sustainable practices that minimize negative environmental impacts; and provide healthy, delicious food for all participants – including those with food intolerances, allergies, or other dietary needs. Whether business or social, or somewhere in between, we're committed to helping you develop the vision for your event and execute it with precision, style, and success. We provide more than just chicken and PowerPoints…we’re about making the world healthier one event at a time.
- Vancouver Organizing Committee for the 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Winter GamesMedaling Athlete Transport Manager, 2009 - 2010Planned, coordinated and delivered the transportation system for medaling athletes and headline talent for 2010 Winter Olympic and Paralympic victory ceremonies and field talent. Worked with venue managers and International Olympic and Paralympic Committees (IOC/IPC) to coordinate the safe and efficient transport of athletes and talent in and out of each venue.
- ManheimManager, Event Marketing, 2002 - 2009Maintained and extended the company’s leadership role and image to internal and external audiences by managing and executing events, meetings, trade show appearances. Recommended strategic enhancements and new approaches in regards to event management, which will contribute to this goal, maximize exposure in the marketplace and meet fiduciary goals.
- Atlanta MagazineManager, PR & Marketing, 2000 - 2002Managed and executed marketing and PR campaigns that supported editorial, circulation and sales initiatives, extended brand awareness to advertisers, readers and media, and provided ROI to the publication.
- North Carolina State UniversityBusiness Management - Marketing, 1986 - 1991
- North Carolina State UniversityCommunications - PR, 1986 - 1991
- George Washington UniversityEvent Planning Certificate Program, 1995 - 1995
- Institute for Integrative NutritionCertified Health Coach, 2009 - 2009
Vegan Celebs Dine in Style at 71st Annual Golden Globes
Vegan guests of the 71st annual Golden Globes, held last night at the Beverly Hilton, enjoyed a 100% plant-based dish created especially for
Some of those pricey minibars change for the better
Travelers have a love-hate relationship with minibars: They object to the inflated costs, unhealthy offerings and limited choices but apprec
7 Funny, weird, cool things that hotels give away - The Business Journals
Everyone loves freebies. When you're shelling out hard-earned cash for your hotel room, it's nice when the hotel recognizes that and throws
High-end Vegan - In Photos: Top 10 Food Trends Of 2013
"The new wave of veganism is more about health than animal welfare," says Mike Thelin, co-founder of Feast Portland. "For better or worse, t
Why don’t meeting conferences pay speakers? | Conferences That Work
“All I want is not to be insulted by the people I'm serving by them paying me less than they pay their kids' piano teachers or their own hai
Seth's Blog: Every presentation worth doing has just one purpose
To make a change happen. No change, no point. A presentation that doesn't seek to make change is a waste of time and energy. Before you star