This is important to me. I'm not sure what else to say.
17 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 40 previous comments
- Yup. I just didn't have the energy to go down a second rabbit hole.Apr 19, 2012
- Don't blame youApr 19, 2012
- I think whatis saying boils down to, "It's perfectly safe to be a woman on the Internet, provided you pretend that you aren't one and never link anything you do to any kind of real-world identifying information about yourself."Apr 19, 2012
- I think it seems likeis essentially doing the "Guns don't kill people - bullets kill people" thing. It is certainly true that the internet is merely a medium of communication and is incapable of directly hurting anyone unless like a server rack falls on you or whatever, but that is a total distraction. nailed it pointing out the internet isn't just a technology, but also a collection of social groups.Apr 19, 2012
- I am school, but some of the vitriol does warrant returning for a moment. I was trying to argue an isolated point in the post. I tend to bite into a point and argue it beyond what I should, sometimes to the point of offending or hurting people. It appears that I have done that again, for that I am sorry. Maybe if I were better at communicating, then maybe..but that is not the point. I don't realize I have actually pissed off people most of the time, till I get called a name or the like. That is not excuse, but an explanation. My point got lost in the back and forth, which I suppose is the point several people made to me.
Again, I am sorry if my concentration on rhetoric and side points angered, hurt, or offended. The main take aways of the original post are valid, and I should have emphasized that more in my responses. I got carried away with a singular point, while ignoring the content. Please accept my apology.Apr 19, 2012
- As one human being to another, I just wanna say, don't ever stop rockin'. You are worthy.Apr 19, 2012