- plista GmbHDirector of Data Engineering, 2015 - presentI am leading the teams including data science, data analysts, core developers, system architects and devops. We are responsible for the recommendation technology and to scale the system worldwide to real time.
- plista GmbHHead of Data Engineering, 2012 - 2015I am the teamlead for ~15 engineers including mathematics, data analysts, core developers, system architects and devops. My team is responsible for the recommendation technology and to scale the system to real time.
- easy-coding.deOwner, 2003 - 2014I founded the platform easy-coding, which has forum, wiki and some community-driven developments. I developed many open source components, one of them is a search framework on Apache Solr, Lucene and Nutch. In top days the forum has 5k uniques/day.
- plista GmbHSoftware Engineer, 2008 - 2012I was responsible for the recommendation technology and to scale the system to real time.
- Mikroplan GmbHSoftware Engineer, 2003 - 2004I was responsible for inhouse cms development, network setup and hardware assembly.
- 5mm GmbHSoftware Engineer, 2008 - 2008I built the recommendation technology for plista.
- Touratech AGFreelance Software Engineer, 2005 - 2008I built a gps and satellite tracking gateway for geospatial data which handles millions of datapoints.
- TBR SolutionsOwner, 2003 - 2008I created a doorway-tool which generated pseudo-websites with pseudo contents for a given keyword. Aim was not to being detected by fraud tools. Successful sites had >10k visitors a day.
I am the Director of Data Engineering at plista - a recommendation and advertising platform, founded in Berlin, Germany.
Team leading is an inspiration to me. I love my team and all the wonderful things we are able to achieve.
Technologies about big data, machine learning and real time bidding are my passion .
Coding was my job for so many years. Now I still have some hobby projects or enjoy working together with my team. I like clean code!
Scalability means reality ;) Let's go for ideas working on a bigger scope.
Conferences are places where I meet so many smart people. I am also workshop organizer and speaker for beginners and professionals.
Research is so important in that field thats why we cooperate with academic researchers.
Open has a big meaning for me. I love open source and my current research shifts into Open Value Creation.
plista is a great company to work for. We are hiring ;)
- RheinMain UniversityInformatik, 2005 - 2008Specialized in C++ and Webapplications with PHP.
- Karl Rehbein Schule HanauGymnasium, 1996 - 2005
"OpenAI is a non-profit artificial intelligence research company. Our goal is to advance digital intelligence in the way that is most likely to benefit humanity as a whole, unconstrained by a need to generate financial return."
'Facebook on Friday open sourced a handful of software libraries that it claims will help users build bigger, faster deep learning models than existing tools allow.
The libraries, which Facebook is calling modules, are alternatives for the default ones in a popular machine learning development environment called Torch, and are optimized to run on Nvidia graphics processing units. Among the modules are those designed to rapidly speed up training for large computer vision systems (nearly 24 times, in some cases), to train systems on potentially millions of different classes (e.g., predicting whether a word will appear across a large number of documents, or whether a picture was taken in any city anywhere), and an optimized method for building language models and word embeddings (e.g., knowing how different words are related to each other).