- Jet City ConsultingProject Manager / Security Consultant, 2009 - present Offer licensed private investigative, physical security, logistics & disaster response, recovery, mitigation, executive protection consulting, project management & staffing services. Provide personal security & executive protection services & consulting to Fortune 50 C-level executives and their family members. Routinely provide PSD details to Snohomish County and WA State elected officials, foreign dignitaries, Federal appointees, FEMA officials, celebrities, entertainers and sports team members. Conduct investigations and consultation related to: Corporate Theft Workplace Violence Private Mortgage Insurance (PMI) Critical Infrastructure Protection Asset Location Skip Tracing Staffing & Vetting (background checks) Penetration Testing Interdiction related investigations Experienced Federal law enforcement officer and armed private security manager. Highly adept & experienced in change management, process improvement, restructuring, turnaround success, growing profitability, human resources management and recruiting, writing policy and procedure manuals, base camp operations plans, emergency operations, business continuity & evacuation plans & training. Washington State certified and licensed armed security officer and certified trainer. Recent project work: Project management experience for high risk country extraction / evacuation & PSDT (Haiti). Provided moderate to high risk Executive Protective for Fortune 50 CEO’s, ranking members of the Royal family, sports figures, celebrities, local, State & Federal officials & foreign dignitaries in a primary / lead capacity. Armed workplace violence suppression in plain clothes in Fortune 50 companies such as Wells Fargo, Microsoft, Wizards of the Coast and Waste Management. Provided event security and dignitary protection for the Japanese Consulate in Seattle. Provided armed disaster response security for FEMA / Entergy in Mississippi in May 2011 as a result of the massive flooding of the Mississippi River. Performing sub-contracted armed Physical Security Services to DHS / FEMA related to the Oso mud / landslide #530slide response is Snohomish County. See above reference Sound Transit Security project.
- Securitas Security Services USA Inc.Project Manager, 2011 - 2012 Audited training program, policies, post orders and procedures platforms, conducting gap analysis and updating training programs and post orders to meet current contract language and insure compliance related to Homeland Security, Critical Infrastructure Protection (NIPP), FRA, FTA, Washington State DOL, DOT and other applicable regulations and statutes. Engaged leadership, line staff and personnel throughout both agency and contract security operations groups, including law enforcement agency stakeholders. Interfaced with stakeholders throughout the agencies operations and contract security mechanisms to facilitate inclusion, developed a needs assessment and made recommendations to maximize operational efficiency. Wrote and delivered updated policies, procedures, disaster plans, continuity of operations plans, emergency procedures, post orders and training programs throughout transit security, based on the findings of the gap analysis / needs assessment and comprehensive audit of existing training programs and materials. Conducted physical security assessments of agency locations, along with inspections of post orders and wrote and maintained updated job site instructions, post orders, policies, procedures, disaster procedures and emergency protocols for agency job sites where transit security officers are deployed.
- Federal Emergency Management AgencyDisaster Reservist, 2011 - 2012 Perform key program, technical, and administrative functions during disasters. Perform disaster response and recovery activities, usually at temporary work sites located in disaster damaged areas, including Assess, Inform and Report activities in the External Affairs Office as a Community Relations Specialist. Worked in Connecticut for Hurricane Irene as a CR Specialist in 2011, acting as a liaison between FEMA and local heads of government agencies such as Mayors, Emergency Managers, Chief of Police, Fire Chief and other senior level local officials. In my second rate of Surge Capacity Force Specialist, I served as on-site point of contact at a disaster between FEMA Headquarters and the Joint Field Office (JFO) for all FEMA Surge Capacity matters. Coordinated with staff at the JFO, other Federal Agencies (OFAs) and IWMO staff regarding processing of Surge employees. Responsible for tracking Surge personnel assignments and duty locations while assigned to the JFO and reporting that information to IWMO.
- CuffTec Training LLCLicensed Training Consultant, 2004 - 2012 Assist in development, implementation and instruction of clients Security or Police Officers in methodology or use of defensive tactics, firearms (certification and use), handcuffing and searching, deployment of OC spray, the use of tactical batons and mitigation of aggressive behaviors. Certified instructor in OCAT O/C spray, Monadnock Expandable Baton and Practical and Tactical Handcuffing programs. WA State Certified Instructor in all lawfully required training programs relative to private security guard training. Perform training services to several firms throughout the State of Washington, providing State mandated training. Consult to client firms relative to their static, force protection or physical security needs and/or within guidelines established by law. Provide executive protection consulting services. Provide marketing direction and services relative to retail sales of public safety related products, including firearms, Tasers, ammunition, batons, pepper spray and knives. Designed and implemented shopping cart based web purchase medium from which clients can securely purchase our products. Administer and maintain web site, server, mailing lists, corporate email domain and system.
- Nintendo of AmericaCorporate Security Shift Supervisor, 1998 - 2001 Supervise day shift Operations at Corporate Headquarters as Control Center Officer (OIC). Provide for the safety and security of life and property within Nintendo. Investigate employee-involved incidents of misconduct, injury or acts inconsistent with corporate policy or the laws of the State of Washington. Write and maintain Corporate Security policy manual / post orders. Produce weekly reports to senior management relating to security involved incidents / problems. Supervise contract security personnel and other NOA Officers on duty in lesser capacities. Radio Communications / Operations Coordinator for the Corporation. Purchase, track and maintain inventory of all portable radios and two way communications systems, including design and implementation of repeated systems. Maintain contracts with service providers, from bid through service contract. Write and administer radio communications policies and procedures. Administer corporate conference bridge. Monitor access control systems, burglary and fire alarm systems, campus and company wide. Respond to incidents as needed. Provide armed executive protection details of both NOA Executives and C level executives from visiting firms, including the CEO of Microsoft and the GM of the Seattle Mariners, to include the entire executive board of the Mariners organization. Provide administrative support to Manager of Security as directed.
- Wackenhut Services Inc.Field Operations Sergeant / Emergency Response Team, 2005 - 2006 Operations manager of armed Federal Protective Security Officers providing protective services, tactical emergency response and site based force protection, incident response, and first level criminal investigations to Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), American Red Cross and disaster relief NGO’s in support of disaster relief operations Emergency Response Team covering FEMA regions 4 & 7 following Hurricane Katrina, Rita and Wilma. Enforce Federal Property Management Regulations, Code of Federal Regulations and US Criminal Code on Federal leased or real property. Protect FEMA / relief employees and interests. Emergency response, threat mitigation and physical security. Address personnel issues, train new Officers, and manage workload, administrative duties relative to personnel and site management, client relations with FEMA and ARC personnel. Managed operations of several FEMA DRC (Disaster Recovery Center) locations throughout Broward and Miami-Dade Florida, as well as the physical security provided to FEMA Base Camp Premier in Chalmette, Louisiana. The Base Camp housed over 1000 military members, up to 30000 civilians and NGO personnel as protectorates. Interfaced with local government, Federal and State agency representatives to insure the continuity of operations of the camp and the care, welfare, safety and security of the evacuees housed there by FEMA.
- Whatcom Security AgencyRegional Director, 2006 - 2009 Provided direction and supervision to 257 subordinate managers and personnel providing physical security, critical infrastructure and force protection services to clients throughout the metropolitan Seattle area - Whatcom Security Agency’s Snohomish, King and Pierce County branch. Provide special protective services within the scope of the physical security and protection matrix afforded to company clients, including executive protective details (PSD), private investigative services, physical security assessments, site surveys, narcotics, gange and prostitution interdiction. Conduct threat assessments and investigations related to critical infrastructure protection (port security, hospital security and public utility clients) in cooperation with regional intelligence units and law enforcement agencies. Vendor management, including contracts with two way radio and cell phone providers, vehicle fleet management and other contractors to maintain business continuity and contracted operations, to include GETS and WPS account management for the entire company. Profit / Loss responsibility for my region. Profitably managed $12 million dollar annual operating budget. Schedule personnel assets in to 3000 man hour rotations throughout my region using Celayix eTime software with less than 1% overtime. Provide seminars and training courses to client employees in workplace violence prevention, crime prevention and personal safety issues. Provide training to company employees in defensive tactics, officer safety and related issues, as part of a certification process and to maintain on going training requirements regulated by law. Institute and deploy training programs and certify personnel in required skill sets per client needs and Washington State law. Audit of client specific performance concerns, and problem resolution to insure client retention and satisfaction. Project manager for public utility security accounts – high threat targets such as dams, power plants and water pipelines. Interface with JTTF, RIG and other agencies regularly. Project manager for security of LNG pipeline construction from Canadian border through WA State. Project manager for blue chip high tech company security program. Project manager of high risk armed patrol and alarm response services. Project manager for two large medical clinics and one regional public hospital security forces / programs. Managed guard staff providing security to public housing. Project manager for chemical weapons depot clean up and disposal project (DOD).
- Federal Reserve SystemFederal Police Officer, 2004 - 2005 Enforce Federal law; investigate crimes against the United States Government (Federal Reserve System), affect arrests for criminal activity and valid warrants as a fully commissioned and sworn Federal Law Enforcement Officer. Conduct security inspection, physical and personnel security assessments. Emergency response, anti-terror and anti-sabotage activities and terrorist attack / disaster recovery responsibilities. Provide for security of foreign dignitaries (Central Bank officials from foreign countries), District officials & the District President, Federal Reserve Board of Governors members and employees of the Federal Reserve System. Investigate monetary losses. Provide tactical security operations for high value cash transfers and custody transfers.
- Securitas Security Services Inc.Federal Security Contractor, 2003 - 2004 State / Federally certified / licensed armed Security Officer. Provide armed security for Federal buildings and facilities throughout the Seattle region. Respond to incidents, control facility access, conduct inspections and searches. Enforce safety and security regulations through FPMR and Title 18 USC under supervision of Department of Homeland Security (FPO's).
- First Response Inc.Operations Supervision, 2001 - 2003 Provide armed security and alarm response services to Shoreline School District #412, US Bank, Starbucks Corporation and other high risk clients, including ATM servicing companies, the City of Redmond, the City of Shoreline and the City of Seattle, along with the Department of Defense. Responsible for implementing Field Training program to new and existing employees. Development of training programs and deploying them throughout regional operations bureau. Supervision of overall alarm response and patrol division operations subordinate employees as the second in command of the regional operations bureau. Provide counseling and disciplinary action. Write reviews. Maintain division workload statistics.
- SimCity Mobile
I've been involved in law enforcement, private and government security and investigations since 1987. I have experience as a Federal law enforcement officer and in all types of security environments, from section 8 interdiction projects, to corporate security and FEMA disaster response and recovery security. I am a State certified instructor in many industry disciplines, and maintains a wide array of certifications and credentials.
I'm a member of the Advisory Committee to the School of Criminal Justice at Everest College.
From 2007 to 2014, I served as a founding Board member of the Snohomish County Business Watch, a non-profit group dedicated to business crime prevention in our community.
I am currently seeking contract or full time employment opportunities in Seattle, New Orleans or the Charleston metro areas.
- Cascade High SchoolGeneral, 1987 - 1991
- Shoreline Community CollegeCriminal Justice, 1992 - 1992
- University of PhoenixCriminal Justice Administration, 2004 - 2004
- Federal Law Enforcement Training CenterFederal Police Officer Certification, 2004 - 2004