- UCLUndergraduate and Examinations Tutor, present
- Kingston UniversityPrincipal Lecturer, 1 - 31
- University of SunderlandSenior Lecturer, 1 - 30
- University of Hull
- Université de Paris III (Sorbonne-Nouvelle)
I am currently working on an EdD dissertation provisionally entitled eReader, I married him: readership in the late age of Print.
The aim of my research project is to understand better the sorts of technologies that people are using to read books today. By ‘technologies’ I mean devices like ebook readers (e.g. Amazon's Kindle), tablets (e.g. iPads) and mobile phones. However, I also mean conventional print books as these too are technologies.
I love hearing readers' stories about their experiences of reading and learning more about not just the sorts of books they read but the technologies, places and everyday practices of reading too.
- University of Sheffieldpresent
- University of HullFrench, 1983 - 1987
- Edinburgh University