Last fall, I started researching the topic of risk in philanthropy for a conference session. I wrote a post soliciting feedback on the topic and cited a couple of the resources I’d found useful. Some of the best thinking I’ve found comes from the team at…
- Tony Macklin ConsultingAt-Large Pro, 2008 - presentPhilanthropist, philanthropoid, philanthropy geek working at the intersection of meaningful giving and community results. I primarily serve donor families and donor groups, grantmakers, and the associations and advisors that serve them.
- Roy A. Hunt FoundationExecutive Director, 2011 - 2015
- Central Indiana Community Foundationvarious roles, ending as AVP, 1996 - 2008
- Indiana Department of Commercelow-level bureaucrat, 1989 - 1995
- Macklin's ClothingHaberdasher's son, 1981 - 1989
NCFP - Avoiding avoidance: Addressing and managing conflict in family ph...
NCFP is dedicated exclusively to families who give and those who work with them, providing the resources, expertise and support families nee
The Most Daring, Fraudulent, Incredible Crowdfunding Campaigns Online No...
Meet the worlds fastest got tub and Furbys slightly less evil cousin, among others.
Can Food Trucks Help Solve Pittsburgh's Food Desert Dilemma?
Food trucks are commonplace in cities such as Los Angeles or New York, but Pittsburgh has had a hard time embracing the mobile eateries. All
Kiva City Pittsburgh launches Thursday - Pittsburgh Business Times
Kiva City Pittsburgh formally launches Thursday morning.
Social Giving: Emerging Trends in Philanthropy, Grant Managers Netw...
SOCIAL GIVING: EMERGING TRENDS IN PHILANTHROPY @Pg33k on Twitter
Starting with 'Yes" or Getting to "Yes" - Wise Philanthropy
About 25 years ago, the results of a Harvard research project on negotiation techniques were published, in a non-academic format,...
The Seven Imperatives to Keeping Meetings on Track
Everyone knows good meeting practice -- but few actually follow it.