Start a hangout
47 followers|65,490 views
Worked at Wells Fargo Advisors
Attends University of Maryland University College
Lives in Columbia, MD
47 followers|65,490 views
Tony hasn't shared anything with you.
People are more likely to share with you if you add them to your circles.
I help people who's wealth is concentrated among a few assets.
- Wells Fargo AdvisorsFinancial Professional, 2014 - 2016
- Online Trading AcademyEducation Counselor/Presenter, 2013 - 2014• Take students through a comprehensive planning process that includes analyzing: Retirement Assets, Real Estate Holdings, Cash Flow/Budget, Tax Free Assets, and Taxable Assets• Education Plan Design to meet short and long term financial goals• Provide continuous support to students in the areas of: Trade Plan Design, Retirement Needs Calculations, Pattern Recognition, Supply and Demand Zone Identification, and Learning the TradeStation and FXCM Platforms
- Capital Financial Group/H. Beck, Inc.Product Specialist, 2013 - 2013I spend most of my time interacting with wholesalers from Mutual Fund Companies, Fixed & Variable Annuity Providers, Fixed & Variable Life Insurance Providers, 3rd Party Money Managers, & Public & Privately Traded REITs. I have the opportunity to work with each of the above organizations to learn about their offerings & strategies as well as what they believe separates them from the competition. Needing to know all of the offerings as a Product Specialist vs. only getting to know the ones you like as an Advisor, really opens your eyes to what the market place can provide individual investors.
- Online Trading AcademyEducation Counselor, 2012 - 2013- Help With Creating A Trading Plan- Help In Identifying Trading Patterns That Are Consistent Across Stocks, Futures, Forex & Options- Create Trading Strategies for Cash Flow & Wealth Preservation- Connect Traders With Other Traders Through Our Mastermind Community
- CIC Wealth ManagementAssociate Partner, 2012 - 2012I joined CIC Wealth Management to help the owner build a new pipeline. With the help of the owner, I met with Centers of Influence & I tried something I had never done before, I scheduled private dinners at restaurants to meet prospective clients. After meeting with a number of prospects and filling the pipepline, my job was done. We parted ways as friends.
- Silver Arrows Capital Management, A Member of ASNInvestment Officer, 2010 - 2011After reviewing other firms, I decided that the best move for my clients was to become an Independent Financial Advisor. So instead of going completely independent, I plugged into an existting Registered Investment Advisor (RIA), Advisory Services Network (ASN), which is based in Atlanta, GA. This gave me the ability to focus on my clients & continue to grow my practice while compliance was taken care of by ASN. Being independent, aloud me to provide my clients unbiased advice & find the right managers for each asset class without being tied to specific firm. I closed this practice b/c my family & I were looking to relocated to South Florida.
- Merrill LynchFinancial Advisor, 2003 - 2010I moved to Merrill Lynch b/c at this time, Morgan Stanley didn't allow it's advisors from the Dean Witter side to use alternative investments (hedge funds, private equity & managed futures) in their portfolios. I had been following the Harvard Endowment & looking at their asset allocation as well as their returns & came to the conclusion that the use alternative investments actually lowered the overall risk of a portfolio. This is also when I started to do seminars as well as meet with Centers of Influence (CPA's, Estate Attorneys, M&A Attorneys & Divorce Attorneys. I was focusing my practice on indviduals with $1,000,000 or more in investable assets & determined that I would have a better chance at acqiring those clients through Centers of Influence's vs. trying to reach them via a cold call. I enjoyed my time at Merrill Lynch. I alwasy thought I was going to retire from Merrill Lynch. But then 2008 came & Merrill was acquired by Bank of America. This is when the culture began to change & I saw individuals that had been with the firm for decades, leave. This is when I decided to look at other alternatives to run my practice.
- Morgan StanleyFinancial Advisor, 2000 - 2003I spent the majority of my day cold calling individuals at their residence to request a meeting to review their current retirement plan. Once I had a meeting, I would want understood what their goals, needs, time horizon & risk tolerance was. I would then review their portfolio to determine what asset classes they had exposure to & what asset classes they were missing in their portfolio. After I understand their indivudal situation, I would build a plan that would address their risk tolerance & time horizon as well as their cash flow needs.
- Ameriprise FinancialFinancial Advisor, 1999 - 2000This was the beginning of my financial services career. This is when I was introduce to "cold calling." This was a great experience, but during this time, the financial advisers primarily provided financial plans that ultimately led to the recommendation to use annuities or life insurance for an individuals retirement needs. My interest was in the markets & I didn't want to build a practice that was insurance focused, which is why I looked elsewhere.
Father of 4 | Passionate about Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu & Fitness
My name is Tony Kosack and I live in Columbia, MD with my four children, ranging in ages from 5 to 18. I've been involved with martial arts for more than two decades, holding a 2nd degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do & recently re-starting my journey in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. I enjoy reading books, websites and blogs on successful traders, hedge fund managers & technical analysis. I'm also into fitness. I train using free weights and kettlebells.
- University of Maryland University CollegeFinance, 2012 - present
- Tallahassee Community CollegeFinancial, Insurance, Investment, Income Tax, Retirement & Estate Planning, 2006 - 2007
- Wharton School of the University of PennsylvaniaMerrill Lynch Financial Advisors Leadership Program, 2005 - 2005
- Howard Community CollegeGeneral Studies, 1996 - 1997