Start a hangout
1,676 followers|880,931 views
Works at Tony Gates Consulting
Attended Troy University, Troy, AL
Lives in Rancho Cordova, CA
1,676 followers|880,931 views
The holiday shopping season kicks off this weekend with the annual orgy of spending and violence known as Black Friday. And while there are sure to be plenty of sales worth checking out, the truth is, some things just aren’t worth buying during the holidays.
Add a comment...
Emmy-winning actor David Canary has died at the age of 77, according to his obituary in the Wilton Bulletin, the actor's local Connecticut paper. Canary played twins Adam and Stuart on the hit soap show, on which "Live with Kelly & Michael" host Kelly Ripa played his daughter. "So sad to learn of the passing of the great David Canary.
Add a comment...
Add a comment...
Mgmt Consultant, Speaker, and Super-Connector at Tony Gates Consulting
Tony is a results-oriented leader and West Point graduate with 14 years with Pfizer – including sales, training, and district management, 11 years in the military - including command of troops, and 2 years with Insituform Technologies. He also has a Masters Degree, expertise in organizational analytics and operations, and is experienced in community, government and public affairs/relations. In addition, Tony has hands-on experience in business operations, sales and marketing, and knows how to assemble, train, and motivate teams of successful sales representatives and managers. He can dive into an organization that is under-performing, diagnose the issues, formulate a plan for success, and implement it. Tony is now putting his experience to work as a Regional Sales Manager for Logic PD and runs his own consulting practice, Tony Gates Consulting. Tony also writes a blog on business, sales, social media and leadership called "That's the Point!", and is an accomplished speaker. Tony served his country as an Army officer in the Field Artillery. Specialties: • Leadership • Sales Management • General Management • Business Development • Solution Provider • Sales • Marketing • Sales Training • Leadership and Management Training • Meeting Facilitation • Executive and Group Coaching • Social Media Speaking/Training • Keynote and Motivational Speaking • Certified Medical Representative • Certified Fitness Instructor and Personal Trainer • Cardiovascular Disease / Diabetes Therapy Consultant • Army / Field Artillery Officer • Airborne and Ranger Qualifications
- Tony Gates ConsultingMgmt Consultant and Speaker, 2008 - presentI'm at http://www.tonygates.com/. You can also check me out at http://www.about.me/tonygates44. Serves as Principal in an organization dedicated to organization and individual potential maximization. Tony Gates Consulting does this by providing a variety of tools and resources that include sales and sales management consultation, sales training program creation, improvement, and implementation, personal and professional coaching, executive coaching, meeting facilitation, social media, technology implementation (especially the Internet of Things) as well as keynote and motivational speaking.
- Pleasant Grove High SchoolHead Track & Field Coach, 2014 - presentLead and coordinate ALL aspects of the boys and girls Varsity and Jr Varsity Track and Field Program for Pleasant Grove High School. • Develop and establish a high-quality program founded on sound Track and Field principles, strong team values, and the ethics of hard work, commitment, loyalty, honesty, respect and sportsmanship. • Recruit, select, and develop a Track and Field staff which includes all coaches and support staff. • Develop in each athlete the desire to participate in athletics after high school • Partner with the athlete, the parents and the academic staff to ensure the academic excellence of each athlete • Manage and develop all levels of the program. • Develop off-season training programs and summer opportunities for player performance improvement. • Purchase equipment with money allotted to Track and Field in the High School Athletic Budget. • Collect, maintain and inventory all equipment in the program. • Communicate all information regarding the Track and Field program to school, parents, and community. • Supervise expenditures of the monies generated by fundraising activities and deposited in Track and Field ASB account. • Organize the implementation of annual Awards Night after the season is completed.
- Logic PDRegional Sales Manager, 2014 - 2014Responsible for sales of Logic PD offerings in a territory extending from Southern California to the Pacific Northwest. Logic PD collaborates with clients to help them launch products that accelerate their growth and capture value in the Internet of Everything (IoE). Logic PD helps at any stage in the product lifecycle by being the complete product innovation and product realization company for connected devices in the world’s most demanding markets. From system integration expertise to embedded and connected device offerings, Logic PD helps its clients identify opportunities, reduce risk, control costs to deliver innovative products to market faster. The company is headquartered in Minneapolis, with offices in Austin, Boston and San Diego.
- Earth Guard Pest ServicesDirector of Sales and Marketing, 2013 - 2014Director of Sales and Marketing for Earth Guard Pest Services. Earth Guard Pest Control Services is an independent, family-owned company providing comprehensive pest control and extermination services for residential and commercial buildings in the Sacramento valley and foothill communities. We will take care of all your pest control problems so you can keep your home and family safe and healthy. And we do it without contracts and cancellation fees!
- Fix Auto SacramentoDirector of Sales and Marketing, 2013 - 2014Director of Sales and Marketing for Fix Auto Sacramento. An auto accident can be a big disruption in your daily routine. At Fix Auto Sacramento we understand this, which is why we offer the convenience of one-stop shopping for vehicle repair, whether it's a door ding, fender bender or major collision. In addition to repairing all types of auto body damage, Fix Auto claims experts communicate with insurers every day and thoroughly understand their processes. This means no unnecessary delays, so you can get back on road and on with your life.
- Insituform TechnologiesArea Director of Business Development, 2006 - 2008Manage a Team of Business Development and Account Managers who cover the states of California, Colorado, Washington, Oregon, Nevada, Wyoming, Montana, Utah, Idaho, Hawaii, and Alaska for the premier trenchless technology underground pipeline rehabilitation company in the world. Responsible for the motivation, training, and development of strategies and tactics that enable them to grow sales performance. Also responsible for communication and coordination with two supported Region General Managers to help drive operational performance.
- JAG ConsultingCommunity Advocate, 2006 - 2006Work in the Omaha Community to make it a better place to live. Speaks to students in Omaha and Millard Public Schools, UNO, and Creighton University. Appointed to the Omaha City Planning Board. Assist in selection of an Executive Director for the Nebraska AIDS Project and a Regional Director for the Midwest Region of INROADS. Serves with the ADL and runs annual Prejudice Elimination Workshop. Work with both the Millard and Omaha Public School Districts in the implementation of LB 1024, a state law that requires the reorganization and consolidation of 11 area school districts into a learning community.
- PfizerDistrict Manager, 1992 - 2006Manage a District consisting of 13 Territory and 2 Institutional/Specialty Representatives. District includes the states of Nebraska, Iowa, and South Dakota and has 4 Veterans Administration, 3 Indian Health Services, and 2 Department of Defense institutions. Responsible for the sales performance of assigned products. These products have included Lipitor, Viagra, Norvsc, Glucotrol XL, Tikosyn, Zyrtec, Zyrtec-D, Cardura, Aricept, Caduet, Accupril, and Zmax. Also responsible for supervising District operations including hiring, coaching, ongoing skill and capability development, integration, and teamwork of District Representatives.
- U.S. ArmyCommissioned Officer, 1981 - 1992Held positions of increasing scope and responsibility, including command of troops, in the areas of nuclear weapons, cannon artillery, logistics, administration, and planning and operations. I attained the rank of Major and currently hold the rank of Lieutenant Colonel, U.S. Army Reserve, Retired. I am also Ranger and Airborne qualified.
Rancho Cordova, CA
All over the world - Rancho Cordova, CA - Cheyenne, WY - Alamogordo, NM - Ankara, Turkey - Vicenza, Italy - Pfullendorf, Germany - Guenzburg, Gemany - Clark AB, Philippines - Beale AFB, CA - Suisun City, CA - St. Louis. MO - New York, NY - West Point, NY
Leader - West Pointer - Solution Seller - Mgmt/Business Consultant - Speaker - Social Media Evangelist - Child of the World - Super Connector - Track Coach - Cheer Dad - Cigar and Golf Lover
Tony Gates is a results-oriented leader and West Point graduate specializing in consulting, coaching, speaking, sales and sales management and training. He's also a social media evangelist and difference-maker who's focused on the bottom line. Tony is now exploring new opportunities to put his experience to work and running his own consulting practice, Tony Gates Consulting. He's an accomplished keynote and motivational speaker who also writes a blog on business, leadership, sales, and social media called "That's The Point!" Tony is known for his love of golf and is proud to be a "Big Daddy!"
George C. Marshall High School, Ankara, Turkey record holder for 180 Yard Low Hurdles and the 880 Yard Relay.3rd fastest 180 Yard Low Hurdle time in New Mexico high school history.
- Troy University, Troy, ALMasters in Public Administration, 1991 - 1992
- United States Military AcademyB.S. in Engineering, 1977 - 1981