It worked great until Niantic stopped showing most portals except at near street-view levels.
My beliefs come straight from the Bible, and interpretations are kept to a reasonable minimum. So, I'm just going to put this out there:
1) As one of Jehovah's Witnesses, I believe any sexual contact outside of an ordained marriage (of one man and one woman) is condemned by God.
2) I believe that the laws of the United States permit ideas and actions that I may disagree with. As long as they do not try to force me to do something I believe is condemned by God, or try to prohibit me from doing something I believe God requires of me, I am required by God to obey those laws, even if it is inconvenient.
3) I believe that the laws of the United States protect an individual's right to believe and practice as they see fit, as long as no harm comes to others, or no laws are broken.
That being said, the government is well within its right to compel its officials and employees to carry out the duties assigned to them, or take pre-defined measures to address non-compliance.
The judge in the Kim Davis matter may have taken legal steps to try and force Ms. Davis to carry out her assigned tasks by issuing an official order. But while that order carried the possibility of jail time, the judge attempted to force the will of the State over an individual's religious beliefs by violating her right to Life, Liberty, and Property. No accommodations were made for her Constitutionally protected (and sacrosanct) Right to Religious Freedom.
TL;DR: Kim Davis should not have been thrown into jail. This is a VERY dangerous precedent, and goes against everything I have grown up respecting and valuing about the good ol' United States of America.
ALL THAT SAID...
Jehovah's Witnesses do not get involved in politics. This means:
1) We do not run for any political office, nor do we vote unless required by the law of the land. We do not favor any political party over another, and point instead to God's Kingdom as the best solution to mankind's problems.
2) We do not advocate for laws restricting the rights of others, even if we disagree with their religious beliefs, way of life, speech, or legally protected actions. We do appeal to the laws of any country to be respected and enforced, and rely on the United Nations as a legal means of addressing the various human rights violations that we may suffer in any given sovereign nation.
- Haddon Township High School1987 - 1992
- Penn MedicineCADD Technician, 2005 - present
Native American Tribe Sues New Jersey for Recognition
A Native American tribe is suing New Jersey officials to demand it be recognized by the state government.
VIDEO: Motorcyclist attacked in Arizona road rage incident |
Nearly a dozen flights were targeted over New Jersey Wednesday night, the FAA says.
concept ships: Guardians of the Galaxy concept art by Atomhawk Design Ltd.
Atomhawk Design Ltd. Keywords: guardians of the galaxy concept art flying ship vehicle sci-fi science fiction spaceship space pod illustrati
Elderly Man Called 911 for Food Because He Couldn't Move - ABC News
What the operator did next will melt your heart.
New Jersey Teen, Dad Arrested on Sex Assault, Child Porn Charges: Prosec...
A New Jersey father was arrested on child porn charges after police executed a search warrant at his home in a sexual assault investigation
The Fraternity No Longer Belongs on the American College Campus
Responding to years of bad press, Dartmouth’s president has banned hard liquor on campus. It’s a bold move, but it doesn’t go nearly far eno
Fish pulled from New World pond | Bangkok Post: news
Workers from the Fisheries Department and Phra Nakhon district are moving about 3,000 fish out of Bangkok’s condemned New World shopping cen
You Can Probably Skip Amazon's New TV Pilots—Except for One | WIRED
Today Amazon is releasing its first wave of pilots for 2015. It's an interesting assortment of projects from people including Ridley Scott,
Boy, 7, Surprised with Awesome Star Wars Prosthetic Arm - ABC News
Just like Luke Skywalker, 7-year-old Liam Porter of Augusta Georgia has been given a brand new arm.
What Stock Photos Tell Us About Designing (really Architects) - It is Al...
My wife is a teacher. So when I saw this, I had to send it to her. Buzzfeed: What Stock Photos Tell Us About Teaching She and her teacher fr
For the Love of God, Stop Wearing Your Bike Helmet the Wrong Way | WIRED
Many of us at WIRED ride bikes as a part of our daily commute, or for sport. So do a lot of other people in the Bay Area. And every few week
How to create AutoCAD Hatches that use curved shapes.
Do you need to create hatched areas in AutoCAD using Circles, Arcs or Splines? Find out how with this quick tip. OK, my title is a bit cheek
German Neo-Nazis Embrace Vegan Cooking, Hipster Clothes
Neo-Nazi German youths are attempting to enter mainstream society by adopting a more stylish and less intimidating image, with some branded
Engineers Retrofit a Tank with Jet Engines to Fight Oil Fires
Hungarian engineers have created the ultimate fire extinguisher from a decommissioned Russian tank combined with the jets from a MiG-21 figh
Remembering Legendary Comedian Jack Benny - Geeks of Doom
j Today is the 40th anniversary of the passing of one of the great early American comedians of his age or any age, the inimitable Jack Benny