Start a hangout
67 followers|38,524 views
Worked at Fields Institute
Attended University of Toronto
Lives in Toronto, Canada
67 followers|38,524 views
- University of TorontoMaster in Applied Science and Engineering - Aerospace, 2013 - 2015Coursework included: - Numerical methods for uncertainty quantification and propagation. - Atomistic modelling of materials.
- University of TorontoAerospace Engineering, 2008 - 2013
- Georgian CollegeElectrical Technologist, 2004 - 2007
Aerospace & Automation Engineer | Data Scientist
I can salsa ;)
Aerospace/Electro-Mechanical Engineer/Data Scientist
- Fields InstituteData Scientist, 2015• Collaborated with the Canadian Women’s Rugby Sevens team in analysing their player and game data to identify performance indicators that best predict match outcomes. • Applied machine learning algorithms using MATLAB, R, and Python to successfully analyse the contribution of each player to the success of the team. • Optimized players’ positions on the field using clustering analysis based on players’ strengths and weaknesses. • Maximized the training effectiveness of the team and facilitated decision making strategies for the coaches.
- University of TorontoTeaching Assistant, 2014 - 2015• Engineering Design Course: Supervised 15 students to design and build an automated robot through the development of electronic circuit boards and PIC/Arduino code. Led team to first place in design competition. • Design and Simulation of Materials Course: Conducted laboratory sessions to teach ANSYS to solve structural, heat transfer, and fluid flow problems using Finite Element Methods. • Provided students with oral and written feedback to help them reinforce their knowledge and skills.
- Messier-Bugatti-DowtyPerformance Engineer, 2011 - 2012• Successfully performed engineering calculations to complete the landing gear design and load analysis for Bombardier Aerospace Global airplane in accordance to FAR/JAR 25 specifications. • Performed sensitivity analyses to determine the effects of landing gear designs on the performance and dynamics of the aircraft to ensure suitability for safe flight. • Examined critical forces and vibrations of aircraft during various maneuvers including taxiing and landing to guarantee airworthiness. • Employed MSC Software (Adams & Easy5) to carry out multibody dynamics simulations as well as controls simulations for landing gear systems. • Developed relevant analyses documentation for clients ensuring careful verification of standards and regulations. • Helped in the design and development of electrical and hydraulics schematics of the steering and retraction/extension landing gear control systems using AutoCAD and Visio. • Created post-processing tools using MathCAD and VBA to automate the report publication process improving the efficiency of the Performance department.
- University of TorontoResearch Assistant, 2010 - 2010• Successfully redesigned a circuit board to drive different types of electric motors for educational and robotics applications. • Used testing instruments such as oscilloscopes and function generators to ensure a safe design of the circuit board. • Designed and implemented the firmware and Graphical User Interface (GUI) of the circuit board using C/C++, Assembly, and Visual Basic to control and monitor the motors using a computer. • Created documentation for the project including the user manual, testing protocols, and development reports. • Offered a teaching assistant position for the Engineering Design course due to outstanding work performance.
- Stepan Canada IncMaintenance Manager Assistant, 2006 - 2008• Aided in programming and troubleshooting of PLCs and HMI systems for the control of chemical processes. Worked with the engineering team to design and implement automated systems for hazardous processes and improve safety for the operators. • Supported the maintenance crew in troubleshooting and overhauling rotary equipment. • Coordinated and delegated daily maintenance activities to ensure the smooth and complete functionality of the plant and reduce downtime. • Successfully implemented the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) and trained personnel on its use, improving the productivity of the Maintenance Department by 30%. • Developed and incorporated the Preventive Maintenance programs into the CMMS by working alongside Stepan plants across the USA. • Performed maintenance tasks such as calibration of instruments, and modified piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&ID) as well as Engineering drawings using AutoCAD. • Exceptional work performance rewarded with increased responsibilities and salary.
- Georgian CollegeEngineering Tutor, 2005 - 2007• Explained complex engineering concepts including PLC programming, advanced motor controllers, and CAD design using easy-to-understand terms. • Developed action plans and study material based on students’ academic goals and needs. • Completed a tutoring certificate from the College Reading & Learning Association (CRLA) to mentor students with learning disabilities. • Awarded two scholarships based on my involvement in the College community as a tutor.
Mexico City, Mexico - Guayaquil, Ecuador
Tomas Mawyin's +1's are the things they like, agree with, or want to recommend.
Job Seeker's Ultimate Toolbox- Resume & Business Letter Checklists
Download our free resume checklists to make a strong resume, and use our resume and business letter guides to be 100% sure that you're ready