- JustgivingData scientist, 2014 - presentProduct adoption
- JustgivingBusiness Intelligence analyst, 2014 - 2014
- PageGroupData Analyst and Reports writer, 2011 - 2014Developed activity reports, for the first time in a company history, to provide a clear visibility of business clients activity across different disciplines, brands, regions and continents. Furthermore reports provide valuable insights in operational activities. Data insights allow to plan meetings better with clients and to represent different brands of Page Group. Started working with different departments (Marketing, Accounts, Finance and others) in an organisation to allow to make smarter decisions using analytics, to make decisions on facts not opinion. Thus bringing Business Intelligence to front house. Main responsibilities: KPI reports (weekly/monthly/yearly) - this role involves creating new KPI reports for business (gathering business requirements, writing requirements specifications, creating data models, report authoring) as well as automating current reports and data checks to facilitate increasing key performance indicators due to evolving business needs. Ad Hoc reports – writing SQL queries and presenting insights using MS Excel pivot tables and VBA to facilitate fastest delivery of a report. Choosing report delivery tool on case by case requirements analysis. Report delivery tools vary from Excel spreadsheets, Profile 7 saved lists, Crystal reports and IBM Cognos applications. Projects - Business Intelligence reports, identifying and coding records, new software testing and roll-out, system upgrades. Back office project/migration project – I was responsible for validating, amending and writing project plan scripts. Distributing cleansing tasks to colleagues. Data cleansing reports – presenting system/database defects on a spreadsheet. Collating results and providing them to other departments to cleanse. Data Warehouse - improving current databases (live snapshots and analytical databases) by reviewing scheduled tasks, SSIS packages, data and view loads, stored procedures, triggers and system logs.
- Oxford Brookes UniversityModule assistant, 2008 - 2010Module assistant for Key Business Competences and Skills for placement search modules. Main responsibility was to help lecturer during the seminars and lectures. Other duties involved marking first and second years students weekly assignments, assisting lecturer with the preparation for the lecture and seminars. Basic administrative responsibilities. Collecting and analyzing module feedback forms and presenting findings to the lecturer. Allocating students to the seminar leaders, tests and exams. Booking rooms for the exams, tests and extra classes. Communicating with students and helping them to improve their knowledge on how to use MS Excel.
- Oxford Brookes UniversityPAL leader, 2008 - 2010Run seminars of student groups 5 to 30. Present main subject of the lecture and showing students how to apply theoretical knowledge.
- Oxford Brookes UniversityStudent Ambassador, 2010 - 2010
- Statybu TrikampisManager for quality and environment standards (ISO 9001 and 14001), 2008 - 2008Ensuring main office is working according to ISO standards as well as inspecting construction objects. Constructions object permission gathering, preparing/overseeing new projects. Preparing bid documents for the construction projects. Manager for internal audit group involved preparing tasks for the team and overseeing audit. It included document preparation for external audit by Bureau Veritas. Created organisation brochure.
- Kaunas university of Technology Panevezys InstitutionModule assistant, 2004 - 2004Teaching Adobe Flash ActionScript programming to classes of 20+. Main techniques on how to develop fast, reliable, user friendly websites using ActionScripting with Flash features.
- Oxford Brookes UniversityBusiness and Information systems, 2007 - 2010Object Oriented Software Development Requirements Specification Formal Specification (Honours Component) Information Systems Design (Honours Component) Advanced Artificial Intelligence (Honours Component) Software Project Management (Honours Component) Safety Critical systems (Honours Component) Theory of Computation Scripting for applications Accounting for Business Strategic Management Accounting for Decision Making Decision Support Systems
- University of BedfordshireFoundation year / Business, 2006 - 2007
- Kaunas University of TechnologyInformation Technology, 2005 - 2006Introduction to Digital Logic Information Technologies and Programming Fundamentals Academic and Professional Language Course (English) Language for Specific Purposes (English) Mathematics 1 Micro- and Macroeconomics Philosophy Physical Culture 1 and 2
- The Witcher Battle Arena
The conference will be hosted via Google Hangouts on Air with simultaneous broadcast on YouTube. We will post the live link to the video on this event site.
Watching these series for a while now, so just thought that I will share this Verge playlist of Small Empires series. Most interesting insights in start ups. Favorite quote (episode: Small Empires: Shapeways and the business of 3D printing): - most importan...
How Netflix Uses Analytics To Select Movies, Create Content, & Make ...
Read on to learn more about the future of television programming and how analytics is helping Netflix become a better business and service.
The Internet is a sacred place, you choose the best of it!
I think Netflix User Interface Update for TV-connected Devices is the best of the Web. Vote with me in The 18th Annual Webby People's Voice
Programming Mobile Applications for Android Handheld Systems
Programming Mobile Applications for Android Handheld Systems is a free online class taught by Dr. Adam Porter of University of Maryland, Col
The A/B Test: Inside the Technology That's Changing the Rules of Busines...
Want to build a perfect website? Forget instincts—trust the data. Forget the designers—trust the audience.
Sony launches 8 million flower petals from a volcano to promote its 4K TVs
In a flashy effort to illustrate just how much detail is packed into its 4K TVs, Sony has released a new commercial that features 8 million