I was pointed at this by Klein and his colleagues on the most recent episode of The Weeds in which they discuss these tax plans & their implications at length as well as electronic medical records systems. Great episode! http://2.t-dub.net/1SvYfTa
A great piece from over on which sparked an excellent discussion.
Our (American, but this mindset has been exported extremely effectively) growth-or-failure mindset has infected our entire society. A bigger house/car/meal is always presumed to be better without even examining other characteristics such as quality. Much of it undoubtedly has come from this kind of "business" thinking, but the pattern of thought needs to be addressed everywhere. For instance, learning to value sustainability raised chicken despite the fact that they are smaller and more expensive (meaning that one has to shrink one's consumption of chicken).
- Rotary InternationalLead Developer, Web Department, 2013 - presentI lead the Development Team for Rotary International's Web Dept., maintaining and enhancing the Rotary.org website serving the public and our 1.3M Rotary Club Members!
- Rotary InternationalWeb Developer, 2012 - 2013
- Network NinjaSoftware Ninja, 2012 - 2012
- eSpark LearningDevelopment Lead, 2011 - 2012
- Summit Media Group, Inc.Sr. Web Developer, 2009 - 2011
- Nonprofitable.orgLead Developer, Co-founder, 2009 - 2010
- Chicago Technology CooperativeLead Developer / Project Manager, 2007 - 2009
- Teaming For Technology, AmeriCorpsTechnology Consultant, 2006 - 2007
- Michigan State University, Residence Halls AssociationDirector of Technology, 2003 - 2006
- Michigan State University, Computer Science DepartmentUndergraduate Researcher, 2003 - 2005
- Jimmy John'sDriver, 2003 - 2005
- City of East Lansing, Information SystemsIT Intern, 2001 - 2001
- City of East Lansing, Senior CenterComputer Instructor, 2000 - 2001
- Michigan State UniversityComputer Science, 2001 - 2006
- East Lansing High School1997 - 2001
How to hide commands typed in a Linux shell? - Unix & Linux Stack Ex...
Is there a way to hide what I'm typing in a shell, so the terminal doesn't echo my keystrokes, while still keeping the output of the command
Dear Client: You can give great design feedback. | Viget
Your feedback is critical to the success of your project, and the way you share it matters.
Backstage Blog - "Congratulations, you have a lot of code!" Remedying An...
At SoundCloud we have been building for the Android platform since 2010. Much has changed since then: the team has grown, the list of featur
The science behind a good cup of coffee | Ars Technica
Here’s the data behind making a healthy, flavorful cup of joe—from beans to brew
One Girl Who Travels – savvy travel tales of one girl
Jan 2016: O'hare sunrise. So I have only one loyalty when it comes to travel which is simple – my wallet. I have an active frequent mileage
Introducing Vector Networks — Figma Design — Medium
Before I co-founded Figma my background was in game development, not in design. I remember being very surprised when I f…
For the second time, we are witnessing a new geological epoch | Ars Tech...
Welcome to the Anthropocene.
Attempt no landing there? Yeah right—we’re going to Europa | Ars Technica
Ars learns some exclusive details about a daring lander for Jupiter’s icy moon.
IBM is trying to solve all of computing’s scaling issues with 5D electro...
Animals use blood for cooling and power delivery. Why can't computers, too?
The Crazy-Daring, Concrete Bus Stops of the Soviet Era — Vantage — Medium
Crazy and Daring, These Concrete Soviet Bus Stops are Tributes to their Unknown Designers ¶ From Brutalism to sheer whi…