IBM General Manager Marc Dupaquier urges partners to better align themselves with IBM through evolution and SoftLayer adoption.
- CRN.comSenior Editor, 2013 - presentSenior Editor Tom Spring covers the wild and woolly channel world of PC system makers Dell, Lenovo, Panasonic, and white-box computer makers. His beats also include keeping tabs on IBM, AMD, Intel, and Nvidia. Tom's tech chops include 14 years with IDG's PCWorld magazine as Executive News Editor. Prior to that, Tom was Technology Editor for Framingham's MetroWest Daily News covering business technology news. Tom earned his stripes at several daily newspapers in Boulder, Co. where he enjoyed a wide selection of craft beers after work. Tom's work has been honored by the Society of Professional Journalists, American Business Media, American Society of Business Publication Editors, and the Western Publishing Association. In 2012 Tom was also voted “Dad of the Year” by his two adorable children.
- PC WorldEditor, 2011 - 2013
- Big BrotherBlack Sheep, 2004 - 2011
- Little BrotherConformist, 2000 - 2004
- LifeHard Knocks, 2000 - present
- Northeastern UniversityMA Journalism, 1998
- Naropa UniversityWriting & Poetics, 1995
Leaked Lenovo Memo Aims To Quell F.U.D. Over IBM Server Acquisition | CRN
A leaked memo to Lenovo's server sales team Tuesday tells staff to dismiss industry trash talk its rivals are spinning over the pending acqu
Rocket Science And The Channel: What VARs And A Mission To Mars Have In ...
Adam Steltzner, lead engineer at NASA's Mars Science Laboratory, at XChange Solution Provider 2014 shared lessons the channel can take away
10 Hottest Smartphones From Mobile World Congress 2014 | CRN
Here's a roundup of the hottest smartphones that made their debut at Mobile World Congress this week, including the Samsung Galaxy S5 and th
HP Leads The Pack In IDC's Q4 Worldwide Server Revenue Results | CRN
HP and IBM tie in global server revenue race for market share, but HP shines moving into positive territory as its competitors Dell and IBM
Microsoft Renames SkyDrive, Intros OneDrive For Business | CRN
Forced to rebrand its cloud storage OneDrive, Microsoft is rolling out features for Android devices and luring businesses.
Partners: Lenovo's $2.91 Billion Acquisition Of Motorola Mobility Is A G...
Solution provider say Lenovo's $2.91 billion acquisition of Motorola Mobility's smartphone business opens the door for corporate customers t
What's Next After x86? Lenovo Channel Chief Speaks Out
Lenovo's channel is in for big changes after it adds IBM's x86 server line into the mix. What does Chris Frey, Lenovo's channel chief, have
CES 2014: HP Outlines Android, Chrome Vision For The Channel
CRN talks with Hewlett-Packard's Thomas Jensen, head of HP's PPS channel sales, during CES 2014 about the company's Android vision and multi