Are those bandwidth caps from your cable or DSL provider really necessary? Will they help ease congestion, or raise money to roll out more infrastructure? We talked to people who work in the industry to find out.
79 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 14 previous comments
- The whole discussion around caps just makes me sick to my stomach. It's another case of them just taking an inch at a time until we're eventually paying by the minute amongst different tiers again like back in the AOL/Prodigy days.
It'll be another example of an industry being unable to police itself until the government is forced to come in and regulate and do a horrible job. Just F'n sad...Jul 17, 2012
- Bandwidth caps are imposed to keep cable company's movies services from been over taken by internet tv. Cord cutting is on the rise! People are waking up to these rip off cable packages.
When you compare America's isp's to Japan, South Korea, Britain. whom have 50 meg to 150GB. You have to wonder were is the investment going to? Bandwidth caps are just an excuse to keep Netflics and other competing services down!Jul 17, 2012
- Americans need to "kick up a stink"! Before these greedy money grabbing Isp's make American look the "Third world of broadband".Jul 17, 2012
- This was a great special. I could watch another hour just on this subject alone - need more specials like this!Jul 17, 2012
- America is already the third world of broadband. Beneath us are the savages who don't have Internet access... lol.Jul 17, 2012
- Daniel Golightly. You are correct! I didn't want to rub salt in the wounds by saying it. American broadband industry is one big cartel back by weak brown envelope talking Politicians!Jul 17, 2012