^^ 😑😑 ^^
one plus one
Shared publicly•View activity
View 12 previous comments
- Think you have an excellent name for grocery stores!!..lol..they screw us - our health and our pocketbooks - and don't even kiss us..Sorry, but your comment struck me funny..
Tom, do you have complete faith in all the foods that are labeled organic? So many reports about foods being "labeled" organic and that is about it, not that they come from pesticide-free, antibiotic-free farms, etc. Again, the consumer is fooled into thinking something is good for them, grown and/or raised naturally, when such is far from the truth. And, our pockets are emptied even more.
Know it is not good for me, but since Gordie passed and I am preparing usually for only myself, am not as "careful" with the ways I prepare my food as I used to be. I have always been a "meat and potatoes" person, have stir-fry quite often myself, but I usually cut up strips of boneless chicken breast in it, not beef so much. Also, enjoy fish...haddock fillets, salmon steaks, etc..but reading about what is in our ocean waters, am not buying as much as before. There is a fish store on the Northside but haven't visited. However, their fish comes out of the same water...poison!
Imagine perhaps when you are preparing meals you are preparing for Carolyn and her family, but cooking for one is not enjoyable, not in the least.
Admire you, Tom, for being able to turn your back on bread...that is one of my great downfalls.
When Gordie passed suddenly, I knew I was responsible for my own future health, knew I had to eat properly, not become a toast-and-tea-widow- thus I prepare a proper dinner daily for myself. What good it does, really, I don't know.
But, what to eat is getting to be a more complicated issue than years ago.
Enjoy your Saturday evening, Tom, and am sure you will be glad when your "kids" are home on Sunday...Feeling lonely without them, for sure.33w
- Tom MacDonaldOwner+1HA HA-NOPE-No faith in em at all however take my chances Bev-the prices as of late at least at WalMart are not too bad-limited quantities but they are there.
WalMart also carry eggs advertised as grain fed only-called Nova
Re bread-at one time in the 80's I could eat a half a loaf per meal-am sticking with my no bread remedy and it's working-it was too easy with Fran planking it down in front of me
Saw a warning the other day re caution in eating fish as there is so much plastic in the ocean that each and every fish is ridden with thousands of minute pieces of plastic non visible to the human eye with advice not to eat any FWIW
Here's one link from the past
bbc.com - Fish eat plastic like teens eat fast food, researchers say - BBC News33w
- You sound like myself with my eating fish...take my chances..lol..
Tom, I can imagine Fran was a bit concerned when you decided to forego eating bread..her first thoughts being, perhaps...what am I going to give him for a lunch snack..lol..Don't know what I would do if I couldn't have a sandwich, at least once in a while or my morning toast and jam/peanut butter..lol..
Am sure you are a happy fellow tonight, Tom, to have your "kids" back home, safe and sound. But, am sure we were all surprised when we woke up to so much snow on the ground this morning!!! Poor man's fertilizer, they say..as long as this is the last "gift".
Take care and enjoy the stories Alex, Julia and Ryan will be telling you...33w
- Tom MacDonaldOwner+1ha -no-only recently gave it up-was just at Harold's earlier and bought some for the kids as I brought them a BBQ chicken for their return from the big smoke-plenty of stories-they couldn't wait to tell me-both Julia and Alex did well-tomorrow night I take him to the Emera Centre for his first Cougar tryout for this coming hockey season-plenty of new hopefuls
Was very hectic for them with both Alex and Julia with two different schedules and only one vehicle
Pondering-what will I put my smuckers jam on without bread ha33w
- Tom MacDonaldOwnerSaw a post wherwe you commentedre poundage-can't find it now -will look later-have much to do tonight-evening kiddo33w
- Papa is happy now, his brood is back home and there are still many things Alex and Julia want to tell him. And, I am sure, Tom, you can't wait to hear all their stories. You will get a chance perhaps for a few on the way to and from the Emera Centre on Monday night with Alex.
Guess perhaps two vehicles will be needed for future games, etc. in Halifax, especially if both Alex and Julia are playing...time for Papa to either lend his vehicle or go along....think it best if Papa goes along..lol..
Tom, hope you found something to put your Smucker's jam on..but Harold's bread would be the best solution..hmmm good...lol.
Morning, Tom....have a good day...Hopefully we won't wake up to see the ground white again.