Profile

Cover photo
Tom Grelinger
57 followers|22,801 views
AboutPostsPhotosVideos

Stream

Tom Grelinger

Shared publicly  - 
 
Probably one of my best pictures that I have taken.
1
Add a comment...

Tom Grelinger

Shared publicly  - 
 
It is hard to imagine this turning in a sea of green as spring finally takes hold soon.
1
Add a comment...

Tom Grelinger

Shared publicly  - 
 
Exciting end to the #MSU  vs #Michigan  game. #MSU  prevails.
1
Add a comment...

Tom Grelinger

Shared publicly  - 
 
Exciting #MSU  and #Wolverine  college basketball game. One can hope that #SB49  will be just as exciting.
1
Add a comment...

Tom Grelinger

Shared publicly  - 
 
Very rainy night here.
1
Add a comment...

Tom Grelinger

Shared publicly  - 
 
I might take a bit of flack for this, but I received a call yesterday identifying themselves as a professional fundraiser for a charity to take care of families where a member suffers from a particular form of cancer. While there are hundreds if not thousands of worthwhile charities that should be supported, the key piece is how much money from a cold call like that goes to the charity. In this case, it is 15%. The rest, 85%, ends up in the hands of professional fundraisers. If you look at a few websites, money for the cause should be 65% (rated a C by some web sites) to 75% or 85%. 
In the case of yesterday's call, my reaction to 15% was to state that this was horrible and as quickly as possible to hang up without being too much ruder.
So, in the future, if you get calls from charities associated with law enforcement (in that case, it was 10% went to the cause), always ask. In both cases, I now have done so, I get a big pause before they'll provide the information. They don't try to avoid giving the figure, but from what I can tell, they realize that they're unlikely to get a contribution.
1
Add a comment...
In his circles
111 people
Have him in circles
57 people
Johan Montesinos's profile photo
Time Warner Cable's profile photo
Jasmine Glaese Bowles's profile photo
John Schnake's profile photo
Roxy Xrouz's profile photo
Stacey Patton's profile photo
Lijianchao Li's profile photo
Marti Lawrence's profile photo
Matt Sawka's profile photo

Tom Grelinger

Shared publicly  - 
 
Cool photo of the Big Island of Hawaii.
 
Aboard the International Space Station​, +European Space Agency, ESA  astronaut Samantha Cristoforetti took this photograph of Hawaii and its volcanoes. Detail: http://go.nasa.gov/1DVc6Oh  
66 comments on original post
1
Deborah Barry's profile photo
 
very cool!!!
Add a comment...

Tom Grelinger

Shared publicly  - 
 
Finally broke down and put the #Advent music away and started listening to the #Christmas playlist.
1
Add a comment...

Tom Grelinger

Shared publicly  - 
 
Go #Jayhawks. Way to go against UCSB tonight.
1
Add a comment...

Tom Grelinger

Shared publicly  - 
 
Strange that #ESPN  and #ESPN2  are not displaying on my TV but #WatchESPN  is working and other channels on the TV are working.
1
Add a comment...

Tom Grelinger

Shared publicly  - 
 
Would love to get my fingers (and toes/heels) on this baby.
1
Add a comment...
People
In his circles
111 people
Have him in circles
57 people
Johan Montesinos's profile photo
Time Warner Cable's profile photo
Jasmine Glaese Bowles's profile photo
John Schnake's profile photo
Roxy Xrouz's profile photo
Stacey Patton's profile photo
Lijianchao Li's profile photo
Marti Lawrence's profile photo
Matt Sawka's profile photo
Work
Occupation
Manager/Software Architect
Links
Contributor to
Story
Introduction
I enjoy living in the middle of the country, am a believing Catholic who yet struggles like anyone else trying to do better towards God and my fellow human beings.
Basic Information
Gender
Male