- We Are WearablesFounder, 2014 - presentWe Are Wearables connects people and businesses to the world of wearable tech through events, workshops, collaboration and resources. We Are Wearables Toronto is Canada's largest Wearable Meetup and a thriving community of wearable enthusiasts. Check out the latest events, featured videos and articles on www.wearewearables.com.
- MobileSyrup & BetakitWriter, 2013 - presentTechnology writer focused on wearable tech, 3D printing and the internet of things. On a mission to raise the profile of Canadian startups and tech stories. Write regularly for MobileSyrup & BetaKit. Have contributed to Techvibes, blogTO and the GridTO.
- Self EmployedFreelance Consultant - Mobile, Wearables & Emerging Tech, 2011 - presentProviding management consulting, strategic guidance, market & consumer insights, industry trends, project management and training related to mobile, wearable tech, and other emerging platforms
- App-PromoConsultant, 2011 - 2013App Promo is a leading app marketing firm whose goal is to increase mobile and tablet application success for start-ups, developers, publishers and Fortune 500 brands by helping them with the business of their applications. App Promo offers services in app marketing, app strategy, app monetization and app store optimization.
- Rogers CommunicationsSenior Mobile Project Manager, 2010 - 2011Consulting and project management for digital initiatives on mobile and tablet platforms for media brands rooted in print, radio and television.
- TranscontinentalProduct Manager: Mobile, Tablet & eReader, 2009 - 2010Mobile strategist and technology product owner counseling senior executives, publishers, brand managers, sales teams and advertisers on mobile opportunities across various platforms including mobile messaging, mobile web, applications (iPhone/BB/Android), Bar Codes (QR, coupons), eReaders and Tablets.
- VeriSignSenior Project Manager, 2005 - 2009Product and project management in Mobile Marketing and Media (WAP, Messaging, Mobile Web, Web & Smartphone Applications) platforms for North American clients including Media Companies, Content Providers and Wireless Carriers.
- SBR GlobalBusiness Analyst, 2004 - 2005Productivity improvement and project management support in the Banking, Retail, and Utilities sectors.
Tom Emrich is a writer, consultant and community builder. He founded We Are Wearables, a community dedicated to fostering adoption and facilitating innovation in the wearable space by rallying people together to learn, discuss and celebrate this new wave of computing. Tom writes about wearables and other emerging tech like the Internet of Things and 3D Printing for a number of sites including MobileSyrup, BetaKit and Designers of Things of which he is the Editor. He has a background in product marketing, development and strategy and has created many apps for mobile and wearable platforms including Google Glass apps Glass Eats and Stay Glassy, TTC. He is also a Google Glass Explorer.
- University of Waterloo2000