The Marketing Arm
SVP, Digital Strategy & Innovation, 2011 - present
As Vice President of Digital Strategy for The Marketing Arm (NYSE: OMC), I oversee, create, and execute digital strategy and programs for the agency’s clients.
4 areas of responsibility within this role including:
* Lead digital, social and emerging media strategy for the Centralized Agency Resources (CAR) division of The Marketing Arm, servicing all business units
* Social strategy and lead the creative/concepting team for TMAs social agency, Fanscape
* Lead strategist/architect of TMAs embedded crowdsourcing practice with 2 platforms developed & launched, Flockstar & Crowdsworth
* Provide industry POV's, speak & represent TMA digitally for media outlets & industry conferences
* Current clients include: Bacardi Limited (Dewar's) Mars (Snickers), GameStop, AT&T, Hilton Worldwide, Frito-Lay, State Farm, American Airlines
SVP, Digital Strategy & Emerging Technology, 2010 - 2011
Red Urban is a progressive Omnicom (DDB) digital agency providing captivating digital solutions from conception through execution.
* Partner with client brands & agency partners to define integrated & measurable digital/social/mobile strategies
* Responsible for building social media practice within The Component Group (Omnicom) including creation of the Red Urban Digital Value Index
* Provide insight & recommendations on how to leverage emerging technology (Mobile, Augmented Reality, 3D, Proximity Solutions, etc.) to drive specific results tied to acquisition, engagement & advocacy
* Focused on extending digital into retail as well as enabling commerce & mobile loyalty
* Responsible for Social Analytics service offering & analysis
* Provide POV on emerging technologies & trends
* Lead Social Audit & Strategy sessions focused on planning, application, strategy, integration & measurement
* Responsible for media strategy, management & optimization via social channels
* Extensive experience defining & deploying integrated domestic & international social media programs across multiple consumer social channels including: Facebook, (Custom Apps/Tabs, Promotions, commerce), YouTube (Custom & Integrated Channels) Twitter (Promotions, Tweet Chats), USTREAM.TV (Live Stream & Integration), Xbox Live (Cross Promotion, Avatars), Gaia Online, MySpace, etc... as well as 100's of Fortune 1000 deployments of Branded Social solutions from full-scale on-premise or cloud based communities (Forums, Blogs, Groups, Wiki's, etc..) as well as mobile web & apps as well as hyper-local proximity solutions in support of integrated campaigns
* Experience identifying & activating blogger networks
* Clients Included Volkswagen, Hasbro (Nerf, Playskool), Electronic Arts (EA Sports), Dr. Pepper/Snapple Group (Hawaiian Punch, Let's Play, Venom) Neiman Marcus and Topps
Chief Marketing Officer, 2009 - 2010
INgage Networks f/k/a Neighborhood America is a Social Media SaaS provider focused on comprehensive social solutions
* Marketing Efforts led to growth during an economic downturn
* Efforts opened new market segments while gaining significant traction with industry analysts and capturing market share from competitors
* Analyst outreach program resulted in inclusion in many industry reports as well as delivering the first reference in Gartner's Magic Quadrant
* Led creation of customer acquisition strategy including implementation of lead qualification methodology
* Redefined digital strategy including the creation of a digital marketing department
* Rebranded a 10 yr old company within a 6 week time period with internal resources to better prepare for global expansion
* Created GTM strategies targeting specific vertical market segments (Finance, CPG, Healthcare)
* Executed step function SEO & SMO improvements and drove value definition and MBO's to secure adequate budget
* Efforts led to record increases in traffic, unique views and true visibility into logo account visits
* Developed comprehensive GTM strategy aligning with Microsoft outlining joint international expansion
* Incorporated market research and customer strategy focus to drive optimal value position with prospective customers as well as led strategic planning sessions with Fortune 25 organizations
* Drove elements of product innovation including market position, GTM strategies and product enhancements
Formerly the CMO & VP, Sales. Sales responsibilities included:
* Direct Sales ownership including development of sales methodology and GTM strategy for a geographically distributed sales force targeting enterprise and public sector accounts.
* Channel/Alliance - Own the programmatic build-out of our channel sales strategy including strategic and programmatic direct partner interaction and enablement.
VP, Sales & Marketing, 2005 - 2009
Telligent is a recognized leader in the enterprise social collaboration space that provides social software & analytics.
During my tenure revenue grew 7x with a 600% increase against revenue generated prior to my arrival. Results led to a $20 Million investment from Intel Capital. http://bit.ly/r4ixQ
Responsible for the sales & marketing as well as client engagement strategy, planning and execution of the various Product, Services and Advertising Sales business units of Telligent Systems. Led interactive/social strategy engagements with our Enterprise client base.
* Built the team from 1 inside rep to a highly functioning Domestic & International sales force that consistenly exceeded quota
* Drove profitability and revenue with consistent QoQ growth
* Implemented sales standards & forecasting methodology
* Defined client engagement standards & sales workflow
* Engaged directly with clients & led interactive strategy sessions with a number of Fortune 1000 organizations
* Focused on the development of strategic anchor accounts to drive high volumes of aggregate revenue
* Instrumental in growing strategic partnership with Microsoft including Managed Partner Status & alignment with various industry specific sales organizations including: High Tech Manufacturing, Consumer Packaged Goods, Automotive, Health Care & Chemical.
* Defined Telligent, CodeSmith, SixFires GTM strategy for the various products & services
* Team efforts drove awareness to a co-leadership position in the Q1 2009 Forrester Wave Report for Social Solutions
* Owned Lead Generation & Brand Standards driving record lead throughput which directly contributed to bottom-line revenue
* Defined PR strategy for online & offline outreach, case studies, press releases, analyst relations & media tours
* Conducted competitive, target market & positioning analysis for the various product offerings
Founder/VP, Sales & Marketing, 2001 - 2005
Co-Founder & Partner in the creation of Smooth Fusion, Inc. Smooth Fusion specializes in web/mobile/social application development in support of agency (WPP, Interpublic, Omnicom) & client (Microsoft) initiatives.
* Defined strategy for corporate marketing initiatives (Products & Services)
* Defined Account Management process, strategy, and execution
* Responsible for build-out and oversight of the northwest region including staffing and business development
* Managed channel partner and supply chain relationships (E-commerce)
* Managed strategic accounts (Microsoft) and relationships (Agencies - Y&R, Wunderman, DDB Direct)
* Contributed directly to Microsoft Preferred Vendor Status
* Founder/Partner in the formation of Smooth Fusion, Inc.
Full Moon Interactive
Director, Professional Services, 2000 - 2001
Fullmoon Interactive was a full service interactive agency and part of the eMarketplace network of internet properties. Clients included AOL, Dell, Citigroup, Gillette & American Express.
* Managed the professional services of the Texas division of Full Moon Interactive
* Defined strategic direction for professional service teams including analysis of utilization, and profitability
* Built and maintained strategic teams to achieve organizational objectives
US Army Reserve
E-5 Sergeant, 1992 - 2000
Served as a 91B Combat Medic. Highlights included:
* Graduating jump school (Ft. Benning)
* Army Commendation Medal
* 2 Army Achievement Medals
* Primary Leadership Development Training
* Battalion Soldier of the Year in 1994.