Final figured (in the last year) how to make the cuts needed to make the puzzles I am now selling on my website. Check them out at http://www.HallCastle.com

Tim
This weekend I spent some time gluing some walnut puzzle pieces, alder bases, and poplar bases (new wood choice). Next up, sanding the bases. This 5” random orbital sander has made my life so much easier when it comes to sanding! I’ve found that the 220 grit offers the most flexibility. The 220 grit is all I need for coarse and fine work. Once the incessant sanding was done, I wiped all the sawdust off and applied Danish Oil Finish.

I also created an enclosed alder base that I think makes the puzzle even more challenging. You have to place the pieces in order since they can’t be slid in from the side like with the open base.

#woodworking
#brainteaser
#puzzle
PhotoPhotoPhoto
7/26/17
3 Photos - View album
Shared publiclyView activity