LOVE AFTER LOVE
The time will come
when, with elation,
you will greet yourself arriving
at your own door, in your own mirror,
and each will smile at the other’s welcome,
and say, sit here. Eat.
You will love again the stranger who was your self.
Give wine. Give bread. Give back your heart
to itself, to the stranger who has loved you
all your life, whom you ignored
for another, who knows you by heart.
Take down the love letters from the bookshelf,
the photographs, the desperate notes,
peel your own image from the mirror.
Sit. Feast on your life.
Where: Pedro de Medinalaan 1, 1086 XK Amsterdam
Reserve your spot now: http://e3events.nl/sign-up-form/
"...is the attempt to create an impression of widespread grassroots support for a policy, individual, or product, where little such support exists. Multiple online identities and fake pressure groups are used to mislead the public into believing that the position of the astroturfer is the commonly held view."
"Astroturfing is the practice of masking the sponsors of a message or organization (e.g., political, advertising, religious or public relations) to make it appear as though it originates from and is supported by grassroots participant(s). It is a practice intended to give the statements or organizations more credibility by withholding information about the source's financial connection. The term astroturfing is a derivation of AstroTurf, a brand of synthetic carpeting designed to look like natural grass, a play on the word "grassroots." ...
Some studies suggest astroturfing can alter public viewpoints and create enough doubt to inhibit action.
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, and comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt
Kindness is considered more a weakness than a measure of strength and success in the modern world. But you see, if there is too much of this 'invulnerability', then there is too much vulnerability needing to be nurtured. To be kind to oneself, to others, in work and business...to have kindness as a value proposition and a brand -- why not?
"Before you know what kindness really is
you must lose things, feel the future dissolve in a moment
like salt in a weakened broth.
What you held in your hand,
what you counted and carefully saved,
all this must go so you know
how desolate the landscape can be
between the regions of kindness." - Naomi Shihab Nye
I know. I know and so I take. And so I give.
- De La Salle University-ManilaMajor in Humanities, Minor in Political Science, 1989 - 1993
- De La Salle University-ManilaBachelor of Secondary Education, 1989 - 1993
- De La Salle University-ManilaDevelopment Studies, 1993 - 1995
- Hogeschool van AmsterdamMultimedia Design, 2003 - 2006
- I help your brand evolve from Content Maker to Content Crusader -- to create content not because it’s marketable, but because it matters. Empowering your target audience with compelling content that makes them smarter, transforms you into an authority in their eyes. My goal is to help you conquer content mediocrity and attract your ideal audience -- to nurture meaningful relationships with your audience by optimising content for discovery and conversion. Specifically, I'll develop and harmonise three essential elements of your social and online marketing: customer personas, relevant content offering, and touchpoints for engagement and conversion.
- I’ll also help your brand become social by design: Social is not what you do -- it’s what you are. For that to happen, we need strategy, planning, and courage. I won’t stop at at making you better in social media -- I’ll help you become a better business because of it.
- My passion for social and content is anchored by my solid experience in business analysis and requirements management. This enables me to apply an integrated approach to your projects and provide holistic solutions: you'll always get that extra value you deserve.
- Social Sense ConsultancyOwner / Social Business Analyst, Online Strategist, 2009 - present
- Call for ActionAssociate: Social Business Strategist
- Media CatalystBusiness / Content Analyst, 2006 - 2009
- De La Salle UniversityLecturer
Waarom de organisatiecultuur van Call for Action werkt - MT Management T...
Geen kantoor, da's de eigenzinnigheid van Call for Action. En klanten die niet weten wat ze willen, hoeven niet aan te kloppen.
Digital and social activism: no small change - Social Strategy & Con...
The social upheaval that exploded in Tunisia and Egypt is spreading across the Arab World. At the time of this writing, dissent is snowballi
Newsletter June - Leadership & Social Entrepreneurship
Ready for the upcoming Philippine Independence Day Picnics? One will be held on June 6 at Spaarnwoude Recreational Park - Houtrak, and anoth
4 hype-free steps to financing your social enterprise
Financing your social enterprise in the beginning is less about how to quickly get your ROI. Always keep in sight the return on objective (R
Leadership and social entrepreneurship is good business
Leadership and social entrepreneurship programme: business for social good makes good business sense.
Twenty years later: Ata-Manobos again, flee from military operations on ...
The Ata-Manobo Lumads repeated history as they fled from heavily militarized villages on foot and upon reaching access roads, boarded trucks
Radical change to Performance Reviews wins Atlassian prestiguous Human C...
I'm chuffed that the Human Capital Institute (HCI) and the Management Innovation eXchange (MIX) announced that Atlassian is a winners of the
Key business areas that drive social media success - Social Strategy &am...
Social media strategy is not an island. It is intricately connected to different business activities which, in turn, shape its success.
A cheaper but smarter way to increase organic reach on Facebook
There's a strategic way small businesses can increase organic reach on Facebook for free and yet stay relevant.
Snowden at SXSW: The NSA set fire to the future of the Internet
In his first extended comments to the public, Edward Snowden calls on the development community at South by Southwest to create more usable
Will Keywords be Replaced by Topics for Some Searches?
Will Google return results on whether or not there's a probability they are related by topic to a query, and a probability that they are a g
Who is building the institutions of the Twenty-First Century ?
A talk I gave at Meaning 2013 looking at startups and corporates and the lack of innovation in org design they both suffer from; plus, how w
How do you use social media to promote a boring product? - Schaefer Mark...
Is your product boring? Social media still might fit in your plans, as this example shows.
How to Build a LinkedIn Marketing Plan that Delivers Ongoing Results
Are you happy with how you are using LinkedIn?LinkedIn offers companies multiple marketing opportunities, but which ones are right for your
HOW TO NURTURE LEADERSHIP AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP IN MIGRANT WORKER’S SOCIE...
Globalization has pushed us to great discoveries and innovation each and every single moment. The world is seen as borderless with thousands