For there is no turning back.
You must now let your heart break
For every senseless death.
Every act of impunity.
Every morsel of violence.
Feel your heart shatter
For every Lumad
Weary from marching
Adroit in maneuvering
Between bullets and smiles
Homesick for mountains and harvest
But spirit unyielding
Leave the fragments of your heart
On the floor of your sorrow
They’re for all the children sleeping
With no refuge
Let your heart explode
For the ones who disappeared
The unburied, the forgotten
The ones who were taken
And fed into the storm
Smash your heart against the relentless waves of
Apathy pounding the shores of
Break, break your heart
Make it your destiny
To heal the world
And become whole again.
“With each passing day there are fewer safe places in Syria,” Paulo Sérgio Pinheiro, chairman of the United Nations panel investigating human rights abuses in Syria, wrote in a recent report. “Everyday decisions — whether to visit a neighbor, to go out to buy bread — have become, potentially, decisions about life and death.” http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015/09/14/world/middleeast/syria-war-deaths.html
And that is to help them break free from the Content Machine. I believe that this is a problem worth solving.
I'd appreciate it if you share my site and services to your friends and colleagues, especially those who are frustrated and overwhelmed with how content creation is taking too much of their time and giving back too little to their business. What many of us might not yet realise is that in order to create content that matters to business, we must make sure it first matters to people.
One of the ways I can help you do this is to develop a Content Crusader Programme that will guide you to become the leading content authority in your niche.
Simply put, you become the business that's known for helping people be better in the things they love and do.
My framework is simple:
- Your strategy for winning in content marketing shouldn’t be based on how much content you can produce. Efficiency in content production is secondary to relevance and utility. There’s nothing more inefficient than efficiently creating content which should not be made at all.
- Prioritise the development of content that educates and elevates because it creates more value for people and will thus drive more conversion to business.
- Focusing on content that helps people make better decisions is what will elevate you into a Content Authority and will distinguish you from the rest of the content makers.
Thank you for this space to share my message. Hope to meet some of you in this quest.
In other words, Memory and Mystery make narratives culturally successful.
For more info, here's a paper on it: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/store/10.1207/s15516709cog0000_68/asset/s15516709cog0000_68.pdf;jsessionid=DF33AEC37929D4A6BB27C8256C31D6BD.f01t04?v=1&t=ihej0pyo&s=16dc20b230f71d3446c97735c2a7aeb8ba19f666
The promise, tool, and bargain made by online advertising no longer serves peoples’ needs.
To quote Postshift co-founder Lee Bryant: “The ‘ethics of ad blocking’ is simple: advertising is an anti-pattern.”
Top-down vertical, repetitive, unasked for advertising do not build brands, do not create relationships, do not serve users’ interests.
What I wrote about the future of content is the same as the future of online advertising: it will always be about things far bigger than online advertising. Advertising needs to transform.
But this transformation in online advertising demands digital transformation in business as well. People blocking ads to protest the intrusiveness and ineffectiveness of current one should motivate businesses to not just rethink ad creation so they can produce ‘better’ ads. The more fundamental challenge is to come up with user-centred, relevant, and imaginative ways to monetise online.
"Fairness, transparency, and openness are at the core of Jyske Bank’s culture – they have to be because some of the bank’s biggest skeptics are its employees – and that brings us back to the newsroom. Remember that employee who called out his bosses for doing a bad job? In most institutions the employee would fear losing his job – but not at Jyske Bank, where open dialogue is encouraged and expected. During the next day’s episode of Inside, all employees hear from that staffer in a taped interview with a Jyske Bank TV reporter. Then the bank’s CEO responds to the criticism in a live, unrehearsed Q&A on the show. And get this: The CEO was not shown the questions before the interview.
Hoegledt explains, “We have to ask him the hardest questions because if we don’t ask him the hardest questions, then employees will get on us and say we are not doing our job. We (in the newsroom) are considered the free press. If you close down the free press, you close down society. If you close down Jyske Bank TV, you close down the bank.”"
- De La Salle University-ManilaMajor in Humanities, Minor in Political Science, 1989 - 1993
- De La Salle University-ManilaBachelor of Secondary Education, 1989 - 1993
- De La Salle University-ManilaDevelopment Studies, 1993 - 1995
- Hogeschool van AmsterdamMultimedia Design, 2003 - 2006
- I want to enable you to start smaller but with compelling focus; re-energise your efforts by placing people and relationships back at the core of content marketing; and develop content in a way that it helps you validate learnings about your business.
- Empowering your target audience with compelling content that makes them smarter, transforms you into an authority in their eyes. My goal is to help you conquer content mediocrity and attract your ideal audience -- to nurture meaningful relationships with your audience by optimising content for discovery and conversion. Specifically, I'll develop and harmonise three essential elements of your social and online marketing: customer personas, relevant content offering, and touchpoints for engagement and conversion.
- I’ll also help your brand become social by design: Social is not what you do -- it’s what you are. For that to happen, we need strategy, planning, and courage. I won’t stop at at making you better in social media -- I’ll help you become a better business because of it.
- My passion for social and content is anchored by my solid experience in business analysis and requirements management. This enables me to apply an integrated approach to your projects and provide holistic solutions: you'll always get that extra value you deserve.
- Social Sense ConsultancyOwner / Social Business Analyst, Online Strategist, 2009 - present
- Call for ActionAssociate: Social Business Strategist
- Media CatalystBusiness / Content Analyst, 2006 - 2009
- De La Salle UniversityLecturer
Waarom de organisatiecultuur van Call for Action werkt - MT Management T...
Geen kantoor, da's de eigenzinnigheid van Call for Action. En klanten die niet weten wat ze willen, hoeven niet aan te kloppen.
Digital and social activism: no small change - Social Strategy & Con...
The social upheaval that exploded in Tunisia and Egypt is spreading across the Arab World. At the time of this writing, dissent is snowballi
Newsletter June - Leadership & Social Entrepreneurship
Ready for the upcoming Philippine Independence Day Picnics? One will be held on June 6 at Spaarnwoude Recreational Park - Houtrak, and anoth
4 hype-free steps to financing your social enterprise
Financing your social enterprise in the beginning is less about how to quickly get your ROI. Always keep in sight the return on objective (R
Leadership and social entrepreneurship is good business
Leadership and social entrepreneurship programme: business for social good makes good business sense.
Twenty years later: Ata-Manobos again, flee from military operations on ...
The Ata-Manobo Lumads repeated history as they fled from heavily militarized villages on foot and upon reaching access roads, boarded trucks
Radical change to Performance Reviews wins Atlassian prestiguous Human C...
I'm chuffed that the Human Capital Institute (HCI) and the Management Innovation eXchange (MIX) announced that Atlassian is a winners of the
Key business areas that drive social media success - Social Strategy &am...
Social media strategy is not an island. It is intricately connected to different business activities which, in turn, shape its success.
A cheaper but smarter way to increase organic reach on Facebook
There's a strategic way small businesses can increase organic reach on Facebook for free and yet stay relevant.
Snowden at SXSW: The NSA set fire to the future of the Internet
In his first extended comments to the public, Edward Snowden calls on the development community at South by Southwest to create more usable
Will Keywords be Replaced by Topics for Some Searches?
Will Google return results on whether or not there's a probability they are related by topic to a query, and a probability that they are a g
Who is building the institutions of the Twenty-First Century ?
A talk I gave at Meaning 2013 looking at startups and corporates and the lack of innovation in org design they both suffer from; plus, how w
How do you use social media to promote a boring product? - Schaefer Mark...
Is your product boring? Social media still might fit in your plans, as this example shows.
How to Build a LinkedIn Marketing Plan that Delivers Ongoing Results
Are you happy with how you are using LinkedIn?LinkedIn offers companies multiple marketing opportunities, but which ones are right for your
HOW TO NURTURE LEADERSHIP AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP IN MIGRANT WORKER’S SOCIE...
Globalization has pushed us to great discoveries and innovation each and every single moment. The world is seen as borderless with thousands