These Digital Design Principles from the UK Gov are so good, I can only hope that everyone reads them, and follows them. Great design principles for commercial services as well as government services. If you're in government, JFDI!
The UK Government releases its Digital Design Principles. These are simple, clear, empowering and beautiful.
113 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 7 previous comments
- I don't think they've really been implemented yet. Then again, I don't visit a lot of UK government sites, so I could be wrong.Apr 7, 2012
- Why the big text? The header and footer have normal size, in between it's too large to read easily.Apr 7, 2012
- As Leonardo Da Vinci said "Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication". This might seem easy on paper, but designing a simple and easy to use interface is really really difficult. If you get it, you win..Apr 7, 2012
- It is a really nice set of principles, but as an alpha release, I am very curious what the final version will look like.
The greatest mistake that is made by organizations is allowing work to be approved, rejected, or modified by people who are entirely unqualified.Apr 7, 2012
- Thanks for sharing! Living in south Korea I see so many initiatives to "go digital" since 10 years ago but never as inspiring as this principals.Apr 8, 2012
- with all of the UK governments public services on single site, I hope its more secure than the Home Office website. The design principle are indeed good tho.Apr 11, 2012