Join us for this week’s #CMGRHangout panel on Friday, December 18th at 2pm EST/11am PST to discuss how to identify and apply behavioral patterns that help to influence how to build strong communities.
and will be hosting the hangout with , , and as panelists. and will be moderating the Twitter chat using #CMGRHangout .
1. What are good resources for someone who wants to start looking at behavior research?
2. How can you identify behavior patterns within your existing community?
3. Research shows people don't like uncertainty in their relationships. How can we build certainty into our communities?
4. Research shows bad behavior propagates when a dominant social group accepts it. How does this impact community policies?
5. How can we take research on habit formation and apply it to our community workflows?
6. What are other key behavior patterns we can study for building strong communities?
RSVP & Watch the Hangout
RSVP here to let us know you’re going to watch. This will add the event to your calendar and remind you to attend! If you want to be on air, please let us know in advance by commenting here.
Let’s discuss ways you can attend:
Watch: You do NOT need to join the hangout. Just stay on the Google+ Event and you’ll see the video on YouTube. (Don’t worry, it will be there and start playing as soon as the broadcast begins.)
Talk and Be Seen: If you decide you want to talk, not just watch, please let us know in advance. (We will only invite a few people for this event, so let us know why you would like to attend.)
Chat: You can watch here and/or follow the conversation on Twitter using #CMGRHangout .
If you join us on the hangout, a wired internet connection is preferred and if you have a headset with mic or earbuds, that works best for the audio. You will also need a working webcam.
- Be The Change RevolutionsPurveyor of Purpose, 2014 - present
- CreatingIsCo-Founder, 2014 - present
- Social Media Club NYCEvent Logistics, 2013 - present
- My Community Manager: Providing social media consulting and training to organizations and brands looking to grow their online communitiesFounder. Mentor. Consultant. Speaker, 2011 - present
- The Huffington PostDirector of Community, 2012 - 2014
- Talent CultureCommunity Manager, 2012 - 2014
- Lake County Social Networking: Creating Meaning Connections in the greater Chicago area.Founder/Chief Connector of People, Ideas and Brands, 2009 - 2013
- AstekSenior Community Manager, 2011 - 2012
- Social Media Club Chicago. Living the moto: If you get it, Share it.Director of Communications/Community Manager, 2009 - 2012
- ZaarlyChicago Dream Team Captain, 2011 - 2011
- Director of Community at Huffington Post
- Organizer of Community Manager Appreciation Day 24 Hour Hangout #cmgrhangout #CMAD
- Leadership Team for Social Media Club NYC Past: Social Media Club Chicago
- Community Manager for TalentCulture
- Meeting Professionals International - Chicago Area Chapter
- Founder of My Community Manager
- Founder of Community Manager UNconference #cmgrUN
- Co-Founder of Chicago Community Manager Group
- Founding member of Lake County Social Networking
- Western Kentucky University
- Arizona State University
- Buffalo Grove High School
- @tamcdonald AKA Tim McDonald (current)
- Tim McDonald on My Community Manager (current)
- Tim McDonald on TalentCulture (current)
- Tim McDonald on The Huffington Post (current)
- Tim McDonald on HuffPost Live (current)
- Tim McDonald 12 Most (current)
- Tim McDonald on Buzz (current)
- Tim McDonald on Storify (current)
- Tim McDonald on Listly (current)
- Meddle.it (current)
- CreatingIs (current)
Boozman: States need more flexibility in nutrition bill
States need to be given more flexibility in how they administer child nutrition programs as the funding bill comes up for renewal this fall,
How Community Management Revealed Itself to Me | @tamcdonald
Tim McDonald shares his story of how Community Management revealed itself to him starting all the way back in 4th Grade.
Dial Up the Magic of This Moment: Philosopher Joanna Macy on How Rilke C...
"Death is our friend precisely because it brings us into absolute and passionate presence with all that is here, that is natural, that is lo
Werner Herzog on Creativity, Self-Reliance, Making a Living of What You ...
"If your project has real substance, ultimately the money will follow you like a common cur in the street with its tail between its legs."
#CMGRHangout presents: Community Management for a Cause
#CMGRHangout with us on Friday, August 22nd at 2pm EST to learn from those who spend their days focused on helping a cause through community
How a Podcast Built a Business: The Lou Mongello Story |
Social Media Marketing Podcast 106, in this episode Lou Mongello shares how his hobby podcast turned into a full-time business.
Seth's Blog: Experiencing something other than the prevailing system
Sandeep points us to 'Sign', a restaurant in Toronto where every waiter is deaf and the only way to order is with ASL. This isn't a tourist
Secret Recipes to Growing a Small Niche Business Like Crumbs Into a Larg...
As someone involved in retail, restaurants, franchising and certainly connected to the baked-goods industry, I've been asked to share my tho
Isaac Asimov on Optimism vs. Cynicism about the Human Spirit
Why cynicism is, above all, a disservice to our own happiness. "As long as there is one upright man, as long as there is one compassionat
Tim McDonald Speaks on the Power of #RCUS | Business Innovation Factory
"We want our Collaborative Innovation Summit filled from stage to seats with people sharing transformation ideas and stories," says BIF Crea
Don’t Protest the Collaborative Economy –Lead It | Web Strategy by Jerem...
Yesterday, thousands of infuriated taxi drivers across dozens of European brought each of their cities to a standstill. The taxis launched t
GoPro Official Website: The World's Most Versatile Camera
World's most Versatile Camera | HERO3+ Black Edition
5 Myths Socially Conscious Entrepreneurs Need To Ignore | Fast Company |...
Whether you call it Shared Value or Benefit Corporations, the future of capitalism--companies that care--is creating a meaningful competitiv