- Palo Alto SoftwareChairman and founder, 1987 - presentWorld's leading business plan software since 1995, publisher of LivePlan the web app at www.liveplan.com and Business Plan Pro, Windows software. At www.paloalto.com
- Free the NumbersFounder, presentThe unspreadsheet. Simple lists and numbers with no formulas, functions, or fuss. The rows and columns add up automatically, so you don't have to. At freethenumbers.com
- Have PresenceCo-founder, presentSocial media for business owners. Practical, strategic, goal-oriented, with business objectives and business results. Monthly ROI reports. At havepresence..com
- Free the Numbers, the unspreadsheet, simple lists and tables without programs, formulas, functions, or fuss. This is me giving back to people after several decades of me doing spreadsheets.
- Have Presence, thoughtful, strategy social media for business owners. You run your business, we run your social media.
- Timberry.com, where I have background and information on me speaking, teaching, writing, social media, etc.
- And, of course, as I have for the last 25 years, I'm still focusing on business planning for Palo Alto Software, the company I started in 1987.
- And Palo Alto Software's latest product, LivePlan, is a web app for business planning and ongoing management.
- Stanford Graduate School of BusinessMBA, 1979 - 1981
- University of OregonMA Journalism, with honors, 1974
- University of Notre DameBA Literature, magna cum laude, 1966 - 1970
Are you Running a LIFO Time Management Strategy? How Bad Is It?
Do you do what I do? I suspect a lot of us do. With me it’s not just what’s urgent or important, but also what’s on the screen, which window
Required Reading on Business Owners Making Critical Mistakes
For a good time take a look at the answers to this question on Quora: What are some classic examples of a founder letting his or her ego get
Peanuts by Charles Schulz, November 18, 1960 Via @GoComics
One of the many great comics you can read for free at GoComics.com! Follow us for giveaways & giggles.
Do You Want Your Daughter to be a Successfui Entrepreneur?
I stumbled on this question on Quora: How should I raise a 12-year-old girl to be a successful entrepreneur? I have four grown-up daughters.
Make Your Website Real-time For Free (Putting Social First, of Course)
Today Rebelmouse dropped the $9.99 monthly fee on using Rebelmouse to power your own website at your own domain. Here’s the announcement pos
5 Shark Tank Lessons Every Startup Should Understand
I’m a member of an angel investment group based where I live in Oregon. And I watch Shark Tank, the TV show, in which a select group of seas