I forgot to post this earlier in the week, but had started this weeks song challenge with two instrumental cues in mind. This was the first, my 2nd in a series of Frax HD animations. Depth on Fire - Frax HD Exploration #2 with iOS Sounds
Lotta fun doing this one
We talked about it tonight on "My Show" with
Many of you who have known me for a while, know that I'm a huge music lover. I always have been. There was a time when that love disappeared for a while. But when I started over 2 1/2 years ago, that love rebounded in a huge way. Every single Friday night has shown me that love all over again, and our page and community is stronger than ever!
For four long months now, I've been on a long-term layoff. I've struggled to find just the right job in my area. Now, there is a tremendous opportunity at which is right in my backyard!
The position is all about social media and marketing (my strengths) and I want to ask each of you to help me in a big way today.
1. First, I'd like to see if we can try trend #sweetwatersound ! I want to show the VP there the POWER of Google+!
2. Second, I'd like to ask if you'd consider attacking some of the posts on their page (feel free to add it also if you like) with comments (and mentioning I sent you there). I know you are all incredible, and you know I don't ask too much for myself that often.
3. Third, I'd like to ask my very best friends (who have known me here for some time) to consider sharing our story - how we met, the things we've done together, how my music page has affected you, the impact I've made on you etc - directly to the man at Sweetwater who can make a difference. He's Jeff McDonald, Vice President of Human Resources. His email is: firstname.lastname@example.org That's public, so I don't think it would be a problem if he received a few great letters on my behalf. (It would be terrific if a few Googlers weighed-in!)
4. Lastly, I would consider it a personal favor if anyone helped spread this post for me. The last time I was in a jam, so many of you were incredible, helping me to trend #GetSeanAJob that started on my behalf. Well, this is now the longest layoff of my life, and my need is urgent: I need to work again, and I know I could make a huge impact for Sweetwater, here and across all their social media platforms. If you do decide to share this, thank you, and you know I have nothing but love for you all!
#workingagain #seekingwork #musicindustry
images via Sweetwater, Google image search
Position: Social Media/Digital Marketing Expert
Sweetwater is seeking an experienced social media and digital marketing specialist to join our creative web marketing team. Your primary focus will be nurturing relationships and conversations with our customers throughout the internet - including Facebook, Twitter, google+, Instagram, forums, blogs, and other customer and music-related websites. You will help coordinate display advertising, giveaways, news stories, and other partnership opportunities with our network of advertising and affiliate partners. You will have a key role in identifying and evaluating new online opportunities.
We are looking for someone with great energy, intelligence, creativity, strong writing skills, and a deep understanding of social marketing and etiquette. You must also have a significant understanding of and a true passion for pro audio gear and musical instruments, and have the gift to share that excitement sincerely with our customers.
An ideal candidate will have significant experience with online marketing and be able to share examples of successful ideas and campaigns you have executed for other brands.
Join us next Thursday The 27th, as we talk to Tim Jones and friends, about there recent forays into artist collaboration. Find out more about how Tim's recent set of collaborative works came about with some of the most respected Indie Artist's on Google Plus.
, & have all added there immense talents to some of Tim's songs as of late.
I thought what a great conversation it would be, if we couldn't get them all in a room, to talk about the subject. Go over some of the nuances of what it took for them to work with each other, how did this project affect them as individual artist? Each one of these folks are very well known and respected here on the Google Plus platform.
Each of them having major talents and large fan followings of there own. But what happens when you take this individual talent and have to work with someone else? This is just some of the things we will be touching on when we get them all in the room together with me this next Thursday night..
I am a multi-instrumental singer/songwriter who has been writing and performing for over twenty years. My primary instruments are guitar and keyboard. I also love using the iPad as a playing service and production tool. I'm very interested in midi orchestration, sound design, songwriting, and creative process.
I have played in a number of midwest based bands, most extensively as a guitarist for Dream West and Kansas City-based Half Price Buddha. I have also been fortunate to be a session musician for a number of local folk artists.
For a number of years, I was a freelance graphic designer, and still very much enjoy creating web graphics for small businesses and websites. I currently split my time between music and working as IT professional. My technical background has helped my design and musical pursuits greatly, and I always enjoy consulting with others to help them achieve their creative ends.
The online community at Google+ has given me some great opportunities to perform and network. My work has been used for organizations like +VirtualPhotoWalks, +theTravelingGuitarFoundation, and on a March of Dimes compilation album (yet to be released). I have performed for the Artist In the Plus music festivals, the TGF Music Festival, Billy Wilson Show, the Circle with Terry Lynn Melody, the Song Lounge, and also enjoy sharing music through StreetJelly. I always enjoy meeting new people and talking about how our creative goals can benefit one another. Please don’t hesitate to say hello!
Circles I'd Like To Be A Part Of
Singer/Songwriters and Composers
Poetry and Lyrics
- University of Missouri–ColumbiaPsychology, 1992 - 1996