Father (33) vs. Son (5) | Street Photography in Málaga, SpainThis is the story of how a father and son walks the same distance with their cameras, and how they perceive their surroundings in totally different ways. Enjoy a moment through a 5 year old kids perspective on Málaga, Spain - share if you like.
Being a parent of two young boys I realize more and more how different we are as generations. Chase them away from iPad´s, iPhone´s, other smartphones and computers, I often think about how things felt simpler when I grew up. The same story I heard 30 years ago from my parents. The same story I promised that I would never tell if I ever got kids - well… Here I am, telling the same story after all.
As I had my oldest son to myself a couple of days, I asked him if he wanted to join me for a photo walk in Málaga. Surprisingly he was really up for it!
We geared up light; I with my Canon 5D MK II w/Canon 50mm f/1.4 and him with his Canon Powershot compact.
We walked guite a distance for a 5-year old, had some food and drinks, captured our different photos and discussed them on the train back home.What did I learn?
1. That my 5 year old kid can capture really cool photos!!
2. That we literally have a different perspective due to some height differences.
3. That we perceive our surroundings differently. Walking the same route it´s evident that what catches my attention doesn´t necessarily catch his. Seeing the world through a child´s perspective is a really interesting experience.
4. That I really found joy in sharing my hobby with my kid.
5. That my sons generation isn´t so different from my own. They are just dependent upon us parents to stimulate them with "healthy" activities. As parents we are role models, and by watching us spend a lot of time on gadgets and computers every day shows them that it´s ok.
Thanks for your time - I wish you a great day and share on if you like!See more street photography at www.lumiophoto.com #streetphotography #streetphotographybw #malaga