How do people play solo ttrpgs? I want to figure out how Icould run through some classic D&D modules solo play using something like The Black Hack etc?
6 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
- I remember I had a couple old TSR modules with the transformers thing. A red strip of plastic you had to hold over parts of the text. It was basically a witch way book but used dice.19w
- Casey G.+1I do solo gaming occasionally. I use Scarlet Heroes, an OSR game made for one PC, whether solo or with a GM. I haven’t tried playing an established adventure. I either play something like Mad Monks of Kwantoom, which is written for solo play, or use the solo adventure generation tools in Scarlet Heroes to play on the fly.
And yeah, is the solo gaming expert.19w
- There's at least one D&D isotope that includes solo play rules. Tunnels and Trolls maybe?19w
- Tunnels & Trolls has extensive solo modules which are basically Choose Your Own Adventure where sometimes the outcome of a fight or a Saving Roll determines which choice you make19w
- Thanks for the shout-out!
My Miso RPG could help with that. It is a generic framework.
used it to play the Star Wars Edge of the Empire Starter Box.
Miso RPG: dieheart.net - Need Some Rules-Lite Solo RPG Framework for 2017? Here Is Miso RPG
Carsten's blog: https://solospelunking.wordpress.com/category/miso-rpg/19w
- Just run it like you're writing an "actual play" example for a rulebook19w
- On the right hand side is a list of tutorials: http://tabletopdiversions.blogspot.com/
Modules are a little harder to go through and still be surprised. Some people have been working on it, such as 1) reading the module, extracting the components, then using those components in random tables or 2) by being the GM and simulating the players.