This animation tracks Rosetta’s journey through the Solar System, using gravity slingshots from Earth and Mars to reach its final destination: Comet 67P/Churyumov–Gerasimenko.
Rosetta made three flybys of Earth, on 4 March 2005, 13 November 2007 and 13 November 2009, and one of Mars, on 25 February 2007.
Rosetta has also visited two asteroids, taking extensive close-up images of 2867 Steins on 5 September 2008 and 21 Lutetia on 10 July 2010. Once the spacecraft is woken up from deep space hibernation on 20 January 2014, it will head for rendezvous with the comet in May.
In November the Philae probe will be deployed to the comet surface. Rosetta will follow the comet to its closest distance to the Sun on 13 August 2015 and as it moves back towards the outer Solar System. The nominal mission end is December 2015.
- UC BerkeleyEnglish, 2005 - 2007Bachelor of Arts - Literary Criticism, theory of authority, rhetoric
- TUI UniversityComputer Science, 2008 - 2009Bachelor of Science - Java, Ruby, Algorithms / Big-O Notation, Closing the Digital Divide, Compiler Design (Java), Regular Expressions
- Power2PracticeTechnical Support Analyst III, 2014 - present- Proposed and helped develop a secure API for data import from Web-based EMR application - Responsible for developing the data model for a QuickBooks plugin - Responsible for researching underlying data and code issues for support tickets
- Google (with Nelson Staffing)Master Flagger, 2013 - 2014Helped to vet and route engineers at Google
- Brocade Communications SystemsSWE Sourcer, 2012 - 2012Sourced and recruited software engineers
- Island Marine FuelWebsite Developer, 2005 - 2012Design and coding for the Island Marine Fuel Website: http://www.islandmarinefuel.com
- SafewayDatabase Standards Analyst, 2005 - 2005Worked with the IT dept to ensure standards, SOX compliance
- Spruce TechnologiesIT Manager, 2000 - 2001- Designed and created e-commerce system - Corporate Website upgrade, re-engineering & management - Department personnel management and development
- Sonic SolutionsIT Manager, 1996 - 2000- Designed, developed, and deployed a products Website (e-commerce solution) - Designed and created a searchable Online Help system - Proposed and successfully led a development team on a cross departmental project that created a Web-based replacement to the legacy floppy-based key file system for all Sonic software products
Rosetta #CometLanding webcast by European Space Agency
Watch European Space Agency's Rosetta #CometLanding webcast on Livestream.com. Live webcast from ESA mission control, when Europe's Rosetta
Cold fusion reactor verified by third-party researchers, seems to have 1...
Andrea Rossi's E-Cat -- the device that purports to use cold fusion to generate massive amounts of cheap, green energy -- has been verified
A woman finally wins the Fields Medal after 50 years. Why did it take so...
Almost half of maths undergraduates are now women, but winning recognition at the very top of the profession has been a battle
Siri’s Inventors Are Building a Radical New AI That Does Anything You As...
Viv was named after the Latin root meaning live. Its San Jose, California, offices are decorated with tsotchkes bearing the numbers six and
If You Think You're Productive During Lunch, Think Again
Got a case of the brown-bag blues? Time to rework your approach to lunch--which can be the most useful time in your day, if you do it like S
I Won't Hire People Who Use Poor Grammar. Here's Why.
If you think an apostrophe was one of the 12 disciples of Jesus, you will never work for me. If you think a semicolon is a regular colon wit
Just a few years of early musical training benefits the brain later in l...
(Credit: Auditory Neuroscience Laboratory) Older adults who took music lessons as children but haven’t actively played an instrument in deca
Google entangles Minecraft with quantum physics | KurzweilAI
qCraft (credit: Google) Thanks to Google, Minecraft players can now toy with quantum teleportation and Einstein’s spooky action at a distanc
Why Google Just Made iPhone King | Wired Business | Wired.com
Google Maps and Google's Gmail help make Apple's smartphone the best in the world. Why is the company helping its rival? Ads and confidence.
Apple Just Ended the Era of Paid Operating Systems | Wired Business | Wi...
By giving away OS X Mavericks for free, Apple confirms a sea change in the tech industry: The operating system, once at the vanguard of prof
Queen Elizabeth Rips Chris Christie on Gay Marriage
LONDON (The Borowitz Report)—Moments after approving a new law legalizing gay marriage in England and Wales, Queen Elizabeth II of Britain u
JetBrains :: World's Leading Vendor of Professional Development Tools
JetBrains, creator of the best Java IDE - IntelliJ IDEA - is a technology-leading software development firm specializing in the creation of
Telecosm: How Infinite Bandwidth Will Revolutionize Our World
The computer age is over. After a cataclysmic global run of thirty years, it has given birth to the age of the telecosm -- the world enabled
Sublime Sand: Desert Dunes Seen From Space | Wired Science | Wired.com
<< previous image | next image >> Deserts are known for being desolate and lifeles
Google Hangouts Just Got a Remote Desktop Feature, Fix Your Mom’s Comput...
I'm willing to bet that a lot of our readers fall into the role of tech support for their friends and family. I know I do. Fixing your mom's