- Connecting to the cloud
- Accessing REST APIs
-- Data for one week per ZIP code
-- Response from server in JSON format
- HttpUrlConnection vs HttpClient
-- HttpUrlConnection is recommended
- Log / LogCat
-- Avoid log spam
-- Main Thread
-- Background Thread (Networking, DB, ..., long running IO)
-- onPreExecute (UIT)
-- doInBackground (BT)
-- onProgressUpdate (UIT)
-- onPostExecute (UIT)
- Refactor ForecastFragment (separate file)
- Refresh menu option (FOR DEBUGGING ONLY!!)
- Fetch data from Activity?
-- Fetch data from a Service, SyncAdapter, Google Cloud Messaging
- Menu Options
-- Add "setHasOptionsMenu(true) to fragment
- Permissions & Security Exception
-- Internet Permission
- Process data that comes back from the server
-- JSONObject obj = new JSONObject("JSON string...");
- ArrayAdapter change data
- Learn about activities and intent framework
- Show detail view when user clicks on an item in the list
-- Inside ForecastFragment in onCreateView method
-- Show info via Toast message
- Create detail activity
- Declared in AndroidManifest file
- Start DetailActivity
-- Explicit vs Implicit intents
--- Explicit : class name
Intent intent = new Intent(getActivity(), DetailActivity.class).putExtra(Intent.EXTRA_TEXT, forecast);
--- Implicit : define action and data ;
VIEW : http://d.android.com
DIAL : Tel: 555-2368 - In DetailActivity get intent data
-- in onCreateView
Intent intent = getActivity().getIntent();
String forecast = intent.getStringExtra(Intent.EXTRA_TEXT)
--- Set TextView content
- Setting UX
-- Pick your units
-- Stores data in default SharedPreferences file
- PreferenceActivity vs PreferenceFragment
- When fetching data from the weather service, we get the location from the stored preferences.
- Update weather via "updateWeather()" by placing in the "onStart()" method in ForecastFragment.
- ListPreference to store units
-- metric or imperial
- Debugging & Breakpoints
- Preferred location
-- Implicit intent to open map
-- Additional icon in action bar
- Broadcast Intent (BroadcastReceiver)
-- Device is charging etc.
-- Register BroadcastReceiver in manifest or programmatically
--- Manifest : receives broadcast : App Running & App Terminated
--- Programmatically : receives broadcast : App Running
We will meet in the downstairs main area at the HackerLab.
- UC Berkeley
- UC Davis
- UC DavisProgrammer, present
- UC Davis IET, CA, USA
- UC Davis Computer Science Department, CA, USA
- UC Davis Center for Neuroscience, CA, USA
- UC Berkeley, CA, USA
- Quest Software, CA, USA
- Peerless Systems, CA, USA
- Russell Information Sciences, CA, USA
- Telekurs AG, Zurich, Switzerland
- Buzz (current)
Gobot - Golang framework for robotics, physical computing, and the Inter...
Gobot is a framework for robotics, physical computing, and the Internet of Things, written in the Go programming language.
Android UI Patterns: How We Created Scalable UI - A Case Study
I rarely get to write about projects I've been involved with myself so writing this one makes for a pleasant change. For more than a year I'
RethinkDB 1.16: cluster management API, realtime push - RethinkDB
Today, we're happy to announce RethinkDB 1.16 (Stand by Me). Download it now! The 1.16 release is a precursor to the upcoming 2.0 release, a
Web Animations LCA Multimedia Miniconf Animations on the web today ...
Using Containers to Build a Microservices Architecture
We’ll explore how many of the characteristics of containers make them an excellent choice for building a microservices-b…
[Deal Alert] Udemy Currently Has Over 9,000 Courses On Sale (Including P...
Udemy is one of the numerous ways you can learn something new from your computer without having to physically get to class. The site has tho
WarSting: A Wi-Fi scanning sword for Hobbits. — Spark Blog
We hacked a toy sword to make it turn blue near unsecured Wi-Fi networks.
JXcore · a Node.JS distribution with additional features
JXcore (multithreaded node.JS) home page