*Veterans Place of Washington Boulevard is our full name. Sort of like "Brut by Faberge"
- Veterans PlaceSystems Admin, 2012 - presentProviding solid, affordable IT services to an organization dedicated to serving my fellow veterans and their housing needs. I finished the design, and am in the middle of implementation, of a network that supports this mission. Assisting a great staff in doing their best with friendly and enthusiastic level I, II, and III technical support. A dynamic executive with skill, vision, and brains that permeates the entire team. A great job at a great place with an awesome (in the true definition) mission. Pound for pound, we are the best Veterans Assistance Professionals on the planet. We may even be the best in the United Federation of Planets. A little more tweaking and we WILL be the best in the UFP. Even socialist countries do not match the services we give my fellow veterans. One of the most challenging and enjoyable positions I have had the pleasure of serving.
- Deptartment of Veteran AffairsInfo Tech Specialist, 2010 - 2011Handling 1/3 of all level I and II support calls for the Aspinwall, University drive, Highland drive, and Federal building sites for the Dept. of Veterans' Affairs. I am famous for my politeness as well as my skill with every user, regardless of demeanor and/or rank. I can honestly state, without any sort of qualifiers, that my technical skills are only exceeded by my people skills. It was GREAT training. I supported the rudest, laziest and ungrateful folks on the PLANET there. I never lost my cool, not even close. I do not miss working for the gov.
- TekSystems, Serviceware, Mellon, Alcoa, UPMCIndependent Computer ConsultantCompleted work on time with no loss of data and a strong skill set regarding all current operating systems. Expert proficiency in Windows Server 2003, XP, Vista, Office – all versions. A veteran of many successfully completed projects for UPMC. Very familiar with desktop applications unique to the health care industry. Migration and upgrade projects for servers, workstations, and wired medical appliances. Giving the client whatever they wanted. Planning, implementation, support, and any other hardware, software, or network services including cabling. Very much like my current position of helping clients get the most out of their current environment safely and securely. Solid services from the router in the closet to the keyboard in front of the user, and all hardware and software points in between.
- MediaSiteIT DirectorStabilized issues between the proprietary software and Microsoft IIS 4.0 running on NT 4.0 sp6a. Reduced IT spending, by moving the IT group out of the Customer Service Department. Honestly assessing problems required not only strong technical skills, but also tact, diplomacy, speaking, writing, and organizational skills. The position helped strengthen writing, developing, and evaluating technical reports and procedures and also solidified my customer service skills. This was done while managing two PC technicians and ten help desk analysts.
- ServiceWareSys AdminInstallation and support of NT Workstation, NT Server, network OS using TCP/IP, IPX/SPX, and AppleTalk protocols. Supported 200 users in 5 business offices as well as 10+ SOHOs. Extensive hardware and software troubleshooting, and upgrading performance of networks experience. The company’s commitment to backward compatibility kept me in step with operating systems long retired as they developed into what is on the market and in common use now. Developed and authored the company's original DRP for the IPO. SOme of the best times of my adult life was there with some of the best people.
- Mellon Bank, N.A.RLB Supervisor, 1987 - 1995Ran a shift for the area's largest lockbox at the time. Scheduled, counseled, and motivated a variable staff with a variable workflow. Attained a reputation for running a tight ship, always clearing the oldest mail first and keeping the environment professional and safe.
Follow My Journey Here:Stay CLEAN and Outta Trouble
- PittInfo Sci, 2004 - present
- CCACForeign Lang., 1990 - 1996
Microsoft Goes Live with Office 365 Message Encryption -- Redmondmag.com
An Office 365 service that lets IT pros set the conditions for message encryption is now commercially available.
Missouri man beaten by sheriff's deputies over small pipe, family says
A Missouri man suffered serious injuries to his face, head and other areas as a result of being beaten by several Jefferson County sheriff’s
Sleeping Rosetta Spacecraft Wakes Up and Sends Alien-like Message
Last January 20, a European space probe awoke from deep sleep to prepare for an unprecedented rendezvous with a comet to climax its ten-year
Dual-Boot Android/Windows Tablet Debuts at CES -- Redmondmag.com
Asus Transformer Book Duet is the first Intel-based device to let users switch between the two OSes.
Man charged with rape, assault in South Side apartment
Pittsburgh police charged a man Wednesday with the assault and rape of a woman at his South Side apartment. David L. Baynes, 47, also was ch
Amazon $100 Gift Card Giveaway - Daily Software Giveaway
Hello Guys, hope you are enjoying the winter. To make your holidays even more joyful, we are giving away a $100 Amazon Gift Card.
14 Stars Who Lost It All - Slideshow | Investopedia
When you're feeling the stresses of everyday life, take a moment to be grateful that even if it has been a difficult year financially, you p
Argument About Philosopher Kant Ends With Russian Shot in Head
A “passionate argument” about 18th-century Enlightenment philosopher Immanuel Kant, renowned for his treatises on ethics, “deteriorated into