- PittInfo Sci, 2004 - present
- CCACForeign Lang., 1990 - 1996
- Ardua Networks, LLCPresident, 2014 - presentTrusted Professionals NEED IT Professionals They Can Trust We specialize in smaller offices that need confidential services, affordable off-site back up, plus support who understands HIPAA compliance .
- Veterans PlaceSystems Admin, 2012 - presentProviding solid, affordable IT services to an organization dedicated to serving my fellow veterans and their housing needs. I finished the design, and am in the middle of implementation, of a network that supports this mission. Assisting a great staff in doing their best with friendly and enthusiastic level I, II, and III technical support. A dynamic executive with skill, vision, and brains that permeates the entire team. A great job at a great place with an awesome (in the true definition) mission. Pound for pound, we are the best Veterans Assistance Professionals on the planet. We may even be the best in the United Federation of Planets. A little more tweaking and we WILL be the best in the UFP. Even socialist countries do not match the services we give my fellow veterans. One of the most challenging and enjoyable positions I have had the pleasure of serving.
- Deptartment of Veteran AffairsInfo Tech Specialist, 2010 - 2011Handling 1/3 of all level I and II support calls for the Aspinwall, University drive, Highland drive, and Federal building sites for the Dept. of Veterans' Affairs. I am famous for my politeness as well as my skill with every user, regardless of demeanor and/or rank. I can honestly state, without any sort of qualifiers, that my technical skills are only exceeded by my people skills. It was GREAT training. I supported the rudest, laziest and ungrateful folks on the PLANET there. I never lost my cool, not even close. I do not miss working for the gov.
- TekSystems, Serviceware, Mellon, Alcoa, UPMCIndependent Computer ConsultantCompleted work on time with no loss of data and a strong skill set regarding all current operating systems. Expert proficiency in Windows Server 2003, XP, Vista, Office – all versions. A veteran of many successfully completed projects for UPMC. Very familiar with desktop applications unique to the health care industry. Migration and upgrade projects for servers, workstations, and wired medical appliances. Giving the client whatever they wanted. Planning, implementation, support, and any other hardware, software, or network services including cabling. Very much like my current position of helping clients get the most out of their current environment safely and securely. Solid services from the router in the closet to the keyboard in front of the user, and all hardware and software points in between.
- MediaSiteIT DirectorStabilized issues between the proprietary software and Microsoft IIS 4.0 running on NT 4.0 sp6a. Reduced IT spending, by moving the IT group out of the Customer Service Department. Honestly assessing problems required not only strong technical skills, but also tact, diplomacy, speaking, writing, and organizational skills. The position helped strengthen writing, developing, and evaluating technical reports and procedures and also solidified my customer service skills. This was done while managing two PC technicians and ten help desk analysts.
- ServiceWareSys AdminInstallation and support of NT Workstation, NT Server, network OS using TCP/IP, IPX/SPX, and AppleTalk protocols. Supported 200 users in 5 business offices as well as 10+ SOHOs. Extensive hardware and software troubleshooting, and upgrading performance of networks experience. The company’s commitment to backward compatibility kept me in step with operating systems long retired as they developed into what is on the market and in common use now. Developed and authored the company's original DRP for the IPO. SOme of the best times of my adult life was there with some of the best people.
- Mellon Bank, N.A.RLB Supervisor, 1987 - 1995Ran a shift for the area's largest lockbox at the time. Scheduled, counseled, and motivated a variable staff with a variable workflow. Attained a reputation for running a tight ship, always clearing the oldest mail first and keeping the environment professional and safe.
What You Tweet Can and Will Be Held Against You: Why You Might Want to T...
Social media makes it easy to share a gripe about your boss or workplace. But is doing so a fast track to a pink slip? Find out why you migh
Hike organized to draw attention to veterans services
Veterans and military families know all too well that navigating the paths to services and assistance can be an uphill climb. Perhaps a brut
Keeping XP on life support: Will UK NHS drag it out for another year?
More than one in 10 English health authorities recently polled can't say when they will switch away from the aged OS, raising the prospect o
Fight Anti-Semitism Online: Northeast Philly Kosher Butcher Store Hit Wi...
You are receiving this because you signed up at "www.israelvideonetwork.com" Kosher Butcher Store Hit With Anti-Semitism Click here to wat..
Fox Chapel doctor cleared of indecent assault of patient
Raja Chakrapani is eager to get back to work. The Fox Chapel doctor was acquitted Monday of charges that he inappropriately touched a female
One in five Scots lacks food, heating and clothing - The Scotsman
THE percentage of households existing below society’s minimum standard of living has increased sharply over the past 30 years, according to
On youth and old age, on life and death, on breathing / Aristotle
1. WE must now treat of youth and old age and life and death. We must probably also at the same time state the causes of respiration as well
Why You Should Forget Facebook - Jeffbullas's Blog
Has Facebook got you fooled? Are you chasing likes for your brand page? Paying for fans? Maybe it's time to forget Facebook!