I'm currently trying to track down a problem reported by two ext4 users which appears to be a Lance Armstrong bug. :-(
(rt) Lance Armstrong bug: when the code never fails a test, but evidence shows it's not behaving as it should.
126 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
- Isn't that when the code never fails a test, but performs better than the competition?Oct 23, 2012
- Hope it doesn't get kicked out of the Linux kernel.Oct 23, 2012
- I thought it was when you had to go through and erase all versions of that code from your version control history.Oct 23, 2012
- This is more of a "mad fiancee" bug: Something is most definitely wrong, eerie, threatening - but if you test for it you get told everything is fine.Oct 24, 2012
- , just wait until it becomes a "spouse" bug. Then, no testing at all is needed before you hear about it! ;-)Oct 24, 2012
- Well I'm glad you didn't try to debug ReiserFS... Because then you could have fallen victim to the "Hans Reiser bug", are you married?Oct 24, 2012
- If Hans Reiser was married to Lance Armstrong, we'd be able to kill and kick out all the bugs in the kernel.Oct 24, 2012
- Ah, reporting without demand! :DOct 25, 2012
Add a comment...