Daily chart: The stand off between China and Japan over disputed islands in the East China Sea brings the two sides closer to armed conflict than at any time since the second world war. Maritime claims in Southeast Asia are even more complex and competition is made intense by speculation that the South China Sea might be rich in oil and gas. Today’s videographic looks at Asian maritime disputes. View videographic via http://econ.st/15pEGXi
253 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 81 previous comments
- Americans believe in communism.Feb 24, 2013
- , you just missed the US election timing for that word. The label is now so old and even those who used it have already gone on to something else. Many Americans use the word communism as a convenient label to cry foul about one another while at heart, they haven't the foggiest notion of what it is. Most have never even lived a week under a communist regime, let alone understand the difference between practical social-egalitarianism and dialectic materialism (which I think very few people on this earth might still truly believe). Ideology-branded nationalism or cheap trickery in economic transformation in the name of ideology are just so last (few) century, even the remainder communist countries are totally faking it, and everybody knows!
Long live 1984!
(yeah, I know, you meant sarcasm)Feb 24, 2013
- Hello I want to know what the end of this topic?Mar 18, 2013
- oh if im a budath or a god i will teach them a lesson and tell they that the time for people no longer and they are the big problem with the natural, envoriments. so let other live in pace and happy if they can!Apr 5, 2013
- The end of the topic is that .. Philippine seek international arbitration with ITLOS/UNCLOS however CHINA who claimed they had evidence to own the sea far from their shore walk out of the Court... and wants to settle it bilaterally which is of course DUMB considering that it has the stick to hit those who doesn't want their rotten carrots. Disputes goes on and on...Feb 9, 2014
- ..if there is another WORLD WAR, Philiipines might be one of the most devastated place in the world!Jan 15, 2016