3 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
- "What difference does it make?" The difference is whether or not I can trust what what the government says. It would have been better for them to say "we are still investigating the incident" than to promote something that turns out to be false. And, if they knew it was false and still promoted it, then the people involved in promoting the known lie need to be removed from office.Jan 23, 2013
- I'd be dumbfounded except that I'm not surprised.
Obama tried to use the "this event is too horrible to think about how it came about or how it could have been avoided" strategy to deflect criticism before the election.
I'd say "it worked", but I don't think the typical 2012 voter really thought about foreign policy. Or the economic impacts of Obama's policies. Or much of anything but the mudslinging that the news media was doing on Obama's behalf.Jan 23, 2013
According to the State Department Accountability Review Board that Secretary Clinton herself appointed, the U.S. Embassy in Tripoli, Libya spent hours chartering a private plane to send a rescue team to Benghazi that day. After that plane was secured and flown to the Benghazi airport, the rescuers were stuck at that airport for hours, unable to travel overland to the State Department Special Mission Compound and CIA Annex in that city.
“Upon notification of the attack from the TDY RSO around 2145 local, Embassy Tripoli set up a command center and notified Washington,” said the ARB report. “About 2150 local, the DCM [deputy chief of mission] was able to reach Ambassador Stevens, who briefly reported that the SMC was under attack before the call cut off.”
“Within hours, Embassy Tripoli chartered a private airplane and deployed a seven-person security team, which included two U.S. military personnel, to Benghazi,” said the ARB report.
The Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee produced a report last month indicating that when the rescue team from Tripoli arrived in its chartered plane at the Benghazi airport it was held up there for “at least three hours.”
“U.S. government security personnel who were based in Tripoli had deployed to Benghazi by chartered aircraft after receiving word of the attack, arriving at the Benghazi airport at 1:15 a.m.,” said the committee report. “They were held at the airport for at least three hours while they negotiated with Libyan authorities about logistics. The exact cause of this hours-long delay, and its relationship to the rescue effort, remains unclear and merits further inquiry. Was it simply the result of a difficult Libyan bureaucracy and a chaotic environment or was it part of a plot to keep American help from reaching the Americans under siege in Benghazi?”
Former Navy Seals Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty, who worked for the CIA, were killed at the Annex shortly after the group from Tripoli arrived there. Doherty reportedly was part of the rescue team that had traveled on the chartered plane.
“The team from Tripoli finally cleared the airport and arrived at the Annex at approximately 5:04 a.m., about ten minutes before a new assault by the terrorists began, involving mortar rounds fired at the Annex,” said the committee report. “The attack concluded at approximately 5:26 a.m., leaving Annex security team members Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty dead and two others wounded.”
http://cnsnews.com/news/article/former-special-forces-commander-congress-should-ask-clinton-if-panetta-denied-stateJan 23, 2013
- Sen. Rand Paul Blasts Clinton's 'Failure of Leadership'
http://cnsnews.com/news/article/sen-rand-paul-blasts-clintons-failure-leadershipJan 23, 2013
- My grand father is dead. Does it matter if it was cancer or my gun that caused it?Jan 23, 2013
- I'm using Hilary logic.Jan 23, 2013
- Just yell and scream, Hill. The MSM will do the rest. What an amazing state of affairs. The person placed first in line to handle security at our embassies didn't bother to read urgent cables from our Libyan consulate. And no one cares. "Thanks, Hill; hey next time you get an urgent plea for help from an ambassador in a terrorist haven in a crumbling, chaotic society with no existing government, would you mind at least reading them? Thanks, Hill you're awesome, see you in 2016!!"Jan 23, 2013