"Look, there are a lot of conservatives in the Republican caucus in the House who hate the bill — and for good reason. I mean, this is a complete surrender on everything. The ratio of tax cuts — of tax hikes to spending cuts — is 40 to 1, rather than 1 to 1 or 1 to 2 or 1 to 3. So, I mean it’s a complete rout by the Democrats. So it’s understandable.”
9 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 66 previous comments
- Dork child.
Who the hell are you, son, to decide who "already has enough money"?
At your $7,500/yr, it will take you twelve years (assuming published Rutgers tuition for five years, ordinary student loan rates, and steady work as a copy editor -- questionable) to pay off got that highly marketable English Literature degree.
I think your qualifications to make financial decisions for the rest of us are on painful display.
Cultural landscape, my ass. Somehow we managed to have a "cultural landscape" in the US before we had government subsidies for it. Go write a poem or something. Or just "lay in bed and read". Blocked.Jan 3, 2013
- Margaret you are right about one thing, the retail investor. He/She is not in the market. AND that is exactly when people should be in the market. All the worry worts and scare freaks get all the little guys out, but the market charges ahead then the little guys get in at the top. It always happens that way.Jan 3, 2013
- in 1979 the talk was the same. We were in debt, the economy was bad, Japan was going to own everything. But we stayed out of wars, got the economy on track and had a balanced budget by 1996 We can do the same, and I agree we do need to cut more spending. I also like the GOP proposal on indexing for social security (this formula was done on the state level in colorado by both parties and balanced the budget).Jan 3, 2013
- IF you think CPAs are rich and get richer by complex tax codes you are wrong. Nearly everyone I know has made less money in recent years and worked way harder. A LOT less money. Because our clients have struggled. But we do things like downsize (sold my house in 2010 at a 120k gain over 1996 purchase price. Cut personal and office bills in half (living and office costs). That allows for quality of life, as its not always about money and having a big home. People are trying to live on some unreal level and blaming people with OBamaphones for their problems.Jan 3, 2013
- You're right, I should spend my days wasting airplane fuel and playing Second Life.Jan 3, 2013
- If you're trying to convince me that your "Full Service CPA firm specializing in Tax and Accounting Services for Small Business" doesn't profit from complexity in the tax codes, you'd probably better give up now. Yes, you make less when the economy suffers. If we don't reign in Obama, your client base will shrink even more.
I see I should have blocked our poet faster. , I'll be the judge of whether the small quantities of aircraft fuel I've burned (zero in the last few years, by the way) were "wasted", because I bloody well paid for them with money that I earned.
It's my decision as to what to do with that money, not some snotty-nosed emo kid with delusions of intellectual and moral superiority who thinks he's good enough to tell everybody else when they're "wasting" their own resources, or decide that they have too much money and should have the "excess" taxed away for his own benefit.
And my work with 3D graphics and simulation are paying off in my work as well.
So screw you, go Occupy something.Jan 3, 2013